100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Although I have done a fair amount of backcountry, riding and exploring in large parts of Utah, I was wondering if anybody has any suggestions for things to see places to check out or even a cool museum or two along the way? Definitely want some backcountry trail riding areas to explore Would also like to come across some cool Native American habitation sites. Or look for fossils. I’ve done a lot of riding around Moab end up in the north, eastern part of the state around Ashley national Forest and the flaming GorgE, National recreation area. And I’ve been to the Glen Canyon national recreation area, Bears ears, and so on when I have not done is checked out too much of Dixie national Forest or southern western parts of Utah and maybe even the western desert. Also i have done a little bit of exploring down in the south eastern corner From Mexican hat and North. Been to all the national parks and was maybe considering doing the Cocks Comb… anyway I thought I’d pick y’all brains and see if you had any other cool places to check out. I may be looking at the San Rafael Swell or parts of the grand staircase, Escalante. I know that a lot of T-Rex skeletons have been found in there which would be really cool anyway thanks!

Reactions: Rayger143
100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I wonder if i could ride the white canyon Schafer Rim trail in my Pioneer?

Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Although I have done a fair amount of backcountry, riding and exploring in large parts of Utah, I was wondering if anybody has any suggestions for things to see places to check out or even a cool museum or two along the way? Definitely want some backcountry trail riding areas to explore Would also like to come across some cool Native American habitation sites. Or look for fossils. I’ve done a lot of riding around Moab end up in the north, eastern part of the state around Ashley national Forest and the flaming GorgE, National recreation area. And I’ve been to the Glen Canyon national recreation area, Bears ears, and so on when I have not done is checked out too much of Dixie national Forest or southern western parts of Utah and maybe even the western desert. Also i have done a little bit of exploring down in the south eastern corner From Mexican hat and North. Been to all the national parks and was maybe considering doing the Cocks Comb… anyway I thought I’d pick y’all brains and see if you had any other cool places to check out. I may be looking at the San Rafael Swell or parts of the grand staircase, Escalante. I know that a lot of T-Rex skeletons have been found in there which would be really cool anyway thanks!
If you’re ever in my neighborhood I have a spot for an rv and I ride from home.

Reactions: 100Acre and Jerryg
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I wonder if i could ride the white canyon Schafer Rim trail in my Pioneer?
You cannot, it's inside the Canyonlands NP and they DGAF whether you're plated. 🥲

Reactions: 100Acre
100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I do appreciate the offer but the whole crossing the border with a gun etc might prove difficult. You’re welcome to park here though if the need to flee Canada arises. The Alcan highway is on my bucket list though…

Reactions: CID and Rayger143
Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I do appreciate the offer but the whole crossing the border with a gun etc might prove difficult. You’re welcome to park here though if the need to flee Canada arises. The Alcan highway is on my bucket list though…
I feel the same here and thanks for the offer.

Reactions: 100Acre and CID

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!