Ticaboo Utah riding. Anyone here done it?

Remote

Remote

Jan 30, 2017
Rocky Mountains
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We managed to fit into our schedule a late April trip to stay at the Ticaboo lodge and do some exploring and, hopefully, a slot canyon ride. Looking like 3 P1000s and a KRX at this point Any one been there?

Reactions: TripleB
100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ve been through Ticaboo. I’ve also been in and around that area. If you’re coming in from the north and if you can and weather permitting, take the Notom Bullfrog road either down from Hwy 24 up by Capitol Reef NP. Once you turn south on 24 you will be rewarded with a reare geological feature called the Waterpocket Fold to your right(west) . If you’re coming from Boulder on Hwy 12 through the Grand Staircase Escalante national Monument Then hop on the Burr Trail and the Burr trail Switchbacks down to Notom Bullfrog rd. Super Awesomeness! If you plan on crossing the reservoir at some point, you’ll want to call ahead and see if they’re in operation. It’s a native run business and they do charge a pretty penny to cross. Last time I was there, the ferry was down for repairs.

Reactions: TripleB

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!