P500 Hooking up

D

dhcross61

Nov 28, 2017
ARKANSAS
Ownership

1. 500
Is it ok to put my main power lines for my power steering to my winch solenoid main wires that comes directly from the battery. If no would it be ok to if I added a toggle switch to turn off the power steering during winch use and it work ok? Or should I just add another set of wires to the battery?

Reactions: JollyJoker
JollyJoker

JollyJoker

Jan 19, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 500
Is it ok to put my main power lines for my power steering to my winch solenoid main wires that comes directly from the battery. If no would it be ok to if I added a toggle switch to turn off the power steering during winch use and it work ok? Or should I just add another set of wires to the battery?
You can hook them to the winch contactor or solenoid. You don't need to add a switch to turn off the power steering when you are winching. I have it this way with no problems.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!