BOX1

P700 Horse Stall mat bed liner

Slackjaw

Slackjaw

Feb 11, 2020
Durham NC
Ownership

1. 700-2
After getting knocked down by the sticker shock of the OEM bed liner I began scheming alternatives. The local ag supply sells thick rubber mat, 4'x6' for around $30.
I grabbed a square of it, made a template from cardboard and cut out a bed liner.
It's very thick stuff.
Next step is to move the D rings to the top of the material. I need to get some longer bolts.
They will also serve to anchor it down, hopefully.

I have the longer tailgate cables on order.
Next step is to figure out a way to make the tailgate more friendly to work off of.
I may go simple and just use a piece of plywood. Its killing me trying to work off it with all those holes. Nothing will sit level.
Terrible design, IMO.
IMG 20200215 150945
IMG 20200215 151007

Last edited:
Slackjaw

Slackjaw

Feb 11, 2020
Durham NC
Ownership

1. 700-2
I
Why not just screw another chunk of mat to it? Not sure what exactly your working on i usually use the holes for holding bolts and screws. Lol

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

I fuel & sharpen my chainsaws, clean fish and sit my beer on it.
I may use the same material but use the tailgate bracket bolts to secure it.
Those holes are a menace to society.

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
I

I fuel & sharpen my chainsaws, clean fish and sit my beer on it.
I may use the same material but use the tailgate bracket bolts to secure it.
Those holes are a menace to society.
Ah yeah board would probably be better all round if your cleaning fish.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mudwing
N8theGR8

N8theGR8

Oct 3, 2019
Central Texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
After getting knocked down by the sticker shock of the OEM bed liner I began scheming alternatives. The local ag supply sells thick rubber mat, 4'x6' for around $30.
I grabbed a square of it, made a template from cardboard and cut out a bed liner.
It's very thick stuff.
Next step is to move the D rings to the top of the material. I need to get some longer bolts.

Next step is to figure out a way to make the tailgate more friendly to work off of.
I may go simple and just use a piece of plywood. Its killing me trying to work off it with all those holes. Nothing will sit level.
Terrible design, IMO.
View attachment 183943View attachment 183944

You think that may would be good for mud flaps?

Reactions: Slackjaw
R

Reloder28

Oct 21, 2018
Deer Park, Tx
Ownership

1. 700-2
I like the flutes on the tailgate, they hold nuts & screws & things.

F

FranklinHonda

Dec 29, 2020
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It's very thick stuff.

Terrible design, IMO.
View attachment 183943View attachment 183944
Hey Slackjaw, not sure if you already figured out how to strengthen the tailgate - but there is a member here who also has videos on YouTube where he fabs a piece of metal to fit atop the tailgate. makes it so you can sit on it. Seems like a really good product. Trying to find his videos again as that is the route I'm going.

Best-

Reactions: Slackjaw
livefromthetree

livefromthetree

It was a damn good ride. Seriously good.
Supporting Member
Jun 4, 2020
Mount Vernon Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Reactions: FranklinHonda
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!