BOX1

P700 how are the 700s holding up

J

jgfarm

Jul 21, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 700-4
New to the forum been reading everything i can find on here just bought a 2014 pioneer 700-4 with 3000 miles with full cab and heat windshield wiper winch and light bar ez steer kit on the way . I bought it for farm work checking cows working on fence and stuff like that when i got it i was thinking i would put around 1000 miles a year on it after having it about 2&1/2 weeks and putting about 300 miles on it without even using it alot i realize i will probably put a lot more than that on it and got me wondering how many miles you guys are getting out of these now that they are 3-4 years old i figure some are getting higher miles and wondering of what problems if any have came up sorry for the long post thanks for any input

allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
keep up with the regular maintenance stuff and you'll be fine. I have 2k mikes on my '15 no problems at all. There are a few with over 5k miles that I know of.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
New to the forum been reading everything i can find on here just bought a 2014 pioneer 700-4 with 3000 miles with full cab and heat windshield wiper winch and light bar ez steer kit on the way . I bought it for farm work checking cows working on fence and stuff like that when i got it i was thinking i would put around 1000 miles a year on it after having it about 2&1/2 weeks and putting about 300 miles on it without even using it alot i realize i will probably put a lot more than that on it and got me wondering how many miles you guys are getting out of these now that they are 3-4 years old i figure some are getting higher miles and wondering of what problems if any have came up sorry for the long post thanks for any input

Welcome to the forum. Looks like you've got a nice machine. They should run almost forever with good maintenance and synthetic oil.

There have been some people with high mileage have cam shaft issues. Not sure if it's a bad part or lack of maintenance on those failures. I'm thinking because the cam is high up, it may have excessive wear if the oil pump is weak or if people immediately take off after starting.

Good luck and hang around. Show us some pics of you rig.

You'll love the power steering.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Deluxe700

Deluxe700

Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
It's a HONDA...need I say more. Just take care of the normal stuff as allgm1 said, and you will be fine. Pay attention to air filter unless you have a snorkel, as it will get dirty quicker than you think because of the design of the stock air intake.

J

jgfarm

Jul 21, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 700-4
I will get some pics put up when i get a chance. Most of you guys recommend the synthetic motorcycle oil over the honda oil? Deluxe 700 thats why i ended up getting a honda hoping they hold true to the honda name my dad has 2 old honda fourtrax 250s that are mid 80s models that have been absolutely abused and still start right up and run fine.

Reactions: jawquin
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I will get some pics put up when i get a chance. Most of you guys recommend the synthetic motorcycle oil over the honda oil? Deluxe 700 thats why i ended up getting a honda hoping they hold true to the honda name my dad has 2 old honda fourtrax 250s that are mid 80s models that have been absolutely abused and still start right up and run fine.

Just make sure you're oil has the same rating as the manual states.

I use Honda HP4S.

Reactions: Deluxe700
jawquin

jawquin

Oct 24, 2015
Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Talon R
The 700 is a very good and very reliable machine. Mines holding up fine. I run Honda GN4 oil in it. 5k+ miles on it.

Welcome to the forum

J

jgfarm

Jul 21, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 700-4
Jawquin good to hear thats the oil i used when i changed it after i got it home. Is there any reason you guys know of not to switch to synthetic not knowing what has been used the last 3000 miles and does synthetic quiet some of the gear noise at higher speeds i did change front and rear diff and used synthetic.

allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
I use GN4 oil, most of the guys say changing to synthetic claim it makes them shift smoother, personally I think they all shift better with fresh oil, at least I know mine does.

Reactions: swsebek and jawquin
jawquin

jawquin

Oct 24, 2015
Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Talon R
Jawquin good to hear thats the oil i used when i changed it after i got it home. Is there any reason you guys know of not to switch to synthetic not knowing what has been used the last 3000 miles and does synthetic quiet some of the gear noise at higher speeds i did change front and rear diff and used synthetic.

Let me tell you how tough the 700 is and it does have some gear noise and chatter when you let off which is a nature of straight cut gears. I've changed the oil and filter and changed the air filter. The front and rear diffs have never been changed. I do not recommend that but just stating though it has crossed my mind. The 14 I have I bought new and it's never used or dripped a drop of oil from anywhere. It's tough but let me give a hint about keeping a machine last and this goes for an auto or truck as well. Start them and let them run a bit before moving. I don't time but I like my Hondas to idle for about 3 minutes before driving and when I do start to drive them they are warmed up before I run them hard.

Good luck with yours and it will serve you well and I guarantee it will serve well as a farm machine. Drive it any speed you want cause the tranny is great and I can tell a few stories about that.

jawquin

jawquin

Oct 24, 2015
Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Talon R
I cant figure out how to post pics on here

Hi jgfarm,

I think there are instructions on here somewhere. I save the picture in a folder on a computer then I click Upload a File button next to the Post Reply then choose the picture then pick whether you want Thumbnail or Full Image and post.

I'm sure the savy ones here can help better and you can post from phones, tablets, PC etc. I don't use a phone cause I can't see it the screen is so small. lol

J

jgfarm

Jul 21, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thanks i tried it but i haven't seen it show up yet maybe it worked i am using my phone.

jawquin

jawquin

Oct 24, 2015
Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Talon R
Thanks i tried it but i haven't seen it show up yet maybe it worked i am using my phone.
Hang on. I got glasses on and will post a pic from phone maybe. We'll get you going. ;)

Reactions: swsebek
jawquin

jawquin

Oct 24, 2015
Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Talon R
Hang on. I got glasses on and will post a pic from phone maybe. We'll get you going. ;)

Hit Reply, Hit Documents, Hit Gallery, Hit
picture, Hit Full Image, Post Reply This is from android

Reactions: swsebek
jawquin

jawquin

Oct 24, 2015
Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Talon R

20170718 205525

Reactions: Max718
J

jgfarm

Jul 21, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 700-4
Ok well thats not what i was trying to do stupid question but where is documents thanks for the help.​

jawquin

jawquin

Oct 24, 2015
Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Talon R
Ok well thats not what i was trying to do stupid question but where is documents thanks for the help.​
Well I'm not sure now but documents are on my pc. The picture I posted above was on my phone in gallery. I had never posted from my phone but it was easy after I put my glasses on. Just keep at it and you will figure it out. I've even figured out how to post on youtube but not a photographer here. Hopefully someone in the forum will come along to help. The 700 forum doesn't get as much views and is pretty quiet because it's the best Pioneer built so far unless you need a 50 inch machine then the 500 is just as reliable. I ended up not using a 50 inch machine for what it was for but know the 500 too. I like Hondas and testing a 1000 now and having fun. It's a hoot but it's a complicated piece of equipment.

Reactions: hurld and swsebek
swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Jgfarm these machines are tuff as hell.Im not saying Bullet proof.But "Just saying"
A guy on another site has 8700 plus now.
My poor pioneer just Hauled 5 "sometime"Adults and and aluminum Trailor with hay and Christmas lights with 18 screaming girls.Honda generator and sound system,And one Blacklab for 10 miles. I had the sucker hot and I was scared I was going to hurt it, but I couldn't ask a few husky girls out at my kids party so I kept trucking.I had the seat cooking buns.We added it all up and I was pulling 2800lbs. And 5 heavy lunches in my 1800 lb. empty ride.5600 lbs. for 8 hard miles....It has really impressed me and everyone that sees it do what I make it.I don't run wide open.If I did I would have bought something else.
I bought this to get me and family out in the woods and it's great for that. But what else I got was my tree stand hauler, Home base for when we MX.Its our ambulance and 3 weeks ago We took searchers out to look for the nice old lady that had a stroke.
Yep this buggy will hold up well...

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!