Multi How are you “social distancing” ??

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
i have the option to load everything into my trailer and cart it over to the landfill but that's way too much work for my wonky knee.our burn ban is due to the covid crisis,the gov. is worried about the added strain on the firefighters and air quality.by the end of summer we will have about 2100 forest fires burning.
At my ranch in East Oklahoma (160 acres there) I just pile it up, as big as I want and torch it. But there it’s with tractor and dozer...lol.
But here at the lake house (2 acres) I must be a bit more surgical about it...🤣

Reactions: rickoshea
R

rickoshea

i have a 3' piece of pipe sunk into a concrete pad for burning yard waste.it can get roaring pretty good at times,especially when i'm burning pine cones.it's right down by the lakeshore in case it gets a little hairy.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
i have a 3' piece of pipe sunk into a concrete pad for burning yard waste.it can get roaring pretty good at times,especially when i'm burning pine cones.it's right down by the lakeshore in case it gets a little hairy.
That’s perfect....👍👍👍

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I'm jealous of you @Montecresto

I think this pandemic has made me realize i'd like to be a hermit, at least to some extent. I have had to work all along, so it's business as usual for me. My wife and other family members have been staying at home, laid off of work. I could totally handle being isolated for long periods of time. I think I could scale back and live below my means, other than the Pioneer of course. Alone time is so underrated, and it irks me all these people crying that they can go to a stupid coffee shop or something.

The other thing I have realized is that I would pay 3 times what a cellphone bill is per month to be able to never have to look at or hear my phone again. If I didn't have to have it for work, I'd gladly place it on the bottom of the crick.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I'm jealous of you @Montecresto

I think this pandemic has made me realize i'd like to be a hermit, at least to some extent. I have had to work all along, so it's business as usual for me. My wife and other family members have been staying at home, laid off of work. I could totally handle being isolated for long periods of time. I think I could scale back and live below my means, other than the Pioneer of course. Alone time is so underrated, and it irks me all these people crying that they can go to a stupid coffee shop or something.

The other thing I have realized is that I would pay 3 times what a cellphone bill is per month to be able to never have to look at or hear my phone again. If I didn't have to have it for work, I'd gladly place it on the bottom of the crick.
Hey you’ve got a good point with living below your means. Lots of people I know, ourselves included, are saving a lot of money just staying at home...😊

I was thinking your shop is on your property....No...? 🤔

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Hey you’ve got a good point with living below your means. Lots of people I know, ourselves included, are saving a lot of money just staying at home...😊

I was thinking your shop is on your property....No...? 🤔

I have definitely been spending less. We like to eat out once or twice a week and I stop at a bar after work usually. Those are just a couple things that have gone away and left a little extra money in my pocket. Now i'm rich from all the welfare money the government just bribed us with...

It's on my grandmother's property. I live about 2 miles away.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
We order our groceries, they bring it out to the car. Today we participated in something new, my wife found out about our local Food Conservancy Locally Grown Provisions Box, It costs $ 20.00 dollars for a box of vegetables grown by our local farmers that can't go to the farmers markets to sell there produce, you can't order what you want, so it's a surprise when you open the box, we are very pleased with what was in our box, lettuce, radishes, asparagus, green onions and chard, they bring the box out to your car as well, we feel pleased to help our local farmers.

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
We order our groceries, they bring it out to the car. Today we participated in something new, my wife found out about our local Food Conservancy Locally Grown Provisions Box, It costs $ 20.00 dollars for a box of vegetables grown by our local farmers that can't go to the farmers markets to sell there produce, you can't order what you want, so it's a surprise when you open the box, we are very pleased with what was in our box, lettuce, radishes, asparagus, green onions and chard, they bring the box out to your car as well, we feel pleased to help our local farmers.

That's awesome!

Reactions: Montecresto
P

PNWGuy

I don't do a dang thing different, other than no longer eat out or get a haircut every couple of weeks. But, I still go to the same local bar/diner once a week and get carryout.

I still wake up at 4 in the afternoon, drive 14 miles to work, do a 12 hour shift, go home and relax for a couple of hours, go to bed at 8 am, wake up at 4 pm, then repeat, 4 days in a row.

I get off Sunday morning at 6am, then wake up Sunday afternoon when my girlfriend comes over and spends the next 3 nights. We go to bed around 10, then she goes to sleep around 11. I get up and go out to the living room and either work on my novel or watch TV until around 6 am. Make her coffee, then go to bed.

It totally sucks and is draining me physically and mentally. I've been doing that schedule for over a year and have been praying that I get the virus so I can stay home for three weeks and have a normal sleep schedule finally.

nitzo

nitzo

Lifetime Member
Aug 16, 2019
East Coast, Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just thought y'all would post up pics of your solo rides in the wilderness.

We have been staying home as we were asked or told to do. Today we went out and rode one of the local bike trails, had a great time, social distancing wasn't a problem.

Bike
Bike1

russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
The only things I’m doing different are the ones I’m forced to by others.

Reactions: Mudwing
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Had a neighbor I see occasionally call me and he started talking about how he has been going out and about getting supplies for his home projects. He asked if I could come over to help in wiring a ceiling fan as he is somewhat colorblind. Being in a high risk age/medical group, I suggested he send pictures as my wife and I have not left the house in 3 weeks, recent Doctor visit was via online tele-med. He will now wait until his wife gets home to help identify the wire colors. He totally understands, but I feel bad as I’ve never turned down a neighbor for handyman help. Dealing with a toothache from past crown work, but Dentist has closed the office till June 1. Covid19 sucks.

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!