P500 How are you locking up, securing your P5?

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Hey Fellas and Ladies,
Just wondering what everyone is using to secure (meaning lock up) your P5?

I have put a significant anchor in my backyard (underground) with a very stout chain and padlock to my machine. In addition I use a master lock, locked through one hole on the rear disc brake, usually have a string tied from master lock to steering wheel so I don’t forget to unlock the disc one.

On my truck I have a very robust coated cable (for motorcycle) with eyes on each end. One end is bolted inside the box that can’t be accessed as my combo fuel cell drybox blocks access. Other end is looped through rear frame and pad locked back on itself.

Lastly I often use alloy grade 100, 1/2” chain to lock it up too with a large master lock (if not at home). And turn off all the power via min add blue switch under the hood.

I realize that a Milwaukee zip cut would make pretty short work of the above, but the hope is to deter thieving dick weeds. Also have a fairly comprehensive insurance policy.
Any suggestions welcome.
j

Last edited:
Reactions: rtn001
sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
You're doing okay it's not stolen yet . most robbers go after things that are unlocked and easy to steal. I keep mine in a locked garage and I use a cable.

Reactions: rtn001
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Agree, it will not roll if gear selected. Insurance is wise.

Last edited:
Reactions: rtn001 and mrjeff42
advertisement
C

Chartmarker

Jun 11, 2018
Tucson, Az.
Ownership

1. 500
Hey Fellas and Ladies,

I have put a significant anchor in my backyard (underground) with a very stout chain and padlock to my machine. In addition I use a master lock, locked through one hole on the rear disc brake, usually have a string tied from master lock to steering wheel so I don’t forget to unlock the disc one.

On my truck I have a very robust coated cable (for motorcycle) with eyes on each end. One end is bolted inside the box that can’t be accessed as my combo fuel cell drybox blocks access. Other end is looped through rear frame and pad locked back on itself.

Lastly I often use alloy grade 100, 1/2” chain to lock it up too with a large master lock (if not at home). And turn off all the power via min add blue switch under the hood.

I realize that a Milwaukee zip cut would make pretty short work of the above, but the hope is to deter thieving dick weeds. Also have a fairly comprehensive insurance policy.
Any suggestions welcome.
j
We put a big red Denver boot
Hey Fellas and Ladies,

Any suggestions welcome.
j
We scare away thieves with a Bright Red Denver Boot and concrete ancker with chain. Its easier and faster for them to brake into your shop and take yours.

Reactions: rtn001 and JCart
500oneer

500oneer

15,000 mile club
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Central PA
Ownership

1. 500
Where I live most people don’t lock their doors or take the keys out of vehicles. If I go away for a few days or park along the road I’ll put the key under the seat. My neighbor left his quad parked beside the road for a week with the key in it and no one touched it. But it was a Polaris so that may of had something to do with it. ;)

L2R

L2R

Understanding women Vol. 1
Lifetime Member
Feb 16, 2019
East of the Appalachians
Ownership

1. 700-4
You have a comprehensive plan that gives them multiple puzzles to solve.

A different approach might keep them from even considering stealing your sxs.

It is pretty simple really. A big chain with one end padlocked to the front axle and your
ex-wife on the other end should do just fine.

Zaleski

Zaleski

Aug 28, 2019
Ohio
Where I live most people don’t lock their doors or take the keys out of vehicles. If I go away for a few days or park along the road I’ll put the key under the seat. My neighbor left his quad parked beside the road for a week with the key in it and no one touched it. But it was a Polaris so that may of had something to do with it. ;)
I'm envious, the heroin addicts in Ohio take that as an invitation to steal your stuff if its unlocked

Reactions: rtn001 and 500oneer
JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Have you considered covering it in large suction cup dildos and used condoms?

Sigh..... fawk it’s already so much of a chick magnet, bejesus man, last thing we need is MORE naked chicks coming up from the river (back yard), wantin’ to play with the P5. Bad enough I have to leave the auto sprinklers on most nights to keep them off it and it’s just muddy... dildos and condoms you say, next you’ll be suggesting veggie oil. No no no JTW... no I mean it!

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
You have a comprehensive plan that gives them multiple puzzles to solve.

A different approach might keep them from even considering stealing your sxs.

It is pretty simple really. A big chain with one end padlocked to the front axle and your
ex-wife on the other end should do just fine.

If my wifey caught someone messin with P5, god help them. She is most proficient with firearms (yes even though we live in Canuck land) and I’d not wish for anyone to be on the receiving end.

Reactions: AlR and rtn001
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!