P700 How can one bypass the governor

F

fish

May 20, 2016
Sault Ste. Marie Ontario
Ownership

1. 700-4
Is it possible to bypass the governor on these machines? I find it very annoying to have the engine cutting in and out between 68 and 70. There is plenty of pedal left before you get to the floor and I seams to want to go faster but cuts out. Just thought that someone may have figured a way around it. Thanks.

SuperYeti

SuperYeti

May 11, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Ownership

1. 700-4
That's the rev limiter you're banging up against, you don't want to go past that. Go bigger tires if you want more speed, but you'll lose grunt down low unless you re-geared or turbo'd like spifyd.

F

fish

May 20, 2016
Sault Ste. Marie Ontario
Ownership

1. 700-4
That's the rev limiter you're banging up against, you don't want to go past that. Go bigger tires if you want more speed, but you'll lose grunt down low unless you re-geared or turbo'd like spifyd.
Thanks. I was hoping for a quick fix but can live with it as is.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Is it possible to bypass the governor on these machines? I find it very annoying to have the engine cutting in and out between 68 and 70. There is plenty of pedal left before you get to the floor and I seams to want to go faster but cuts out. Just thought that someone may have figured a way around it. Thanks.
Just happened onto this thread...
are you really getting 70 mph out of the P700?
I thought they topped out at about 50 mph?

Last edited:
F

fish

May 20, 2016
Sault Ste. Marie Ontario
Ownership

1. 700-4
Just happened onto this thread...
are you really getting 70 mph out of the P700?
I thought they topped out at about 50 mph?

Lol, I never said I was going 70 mph. I said it cut out at 68 and 70. I live in Canada, therefore kilometres are what we go by. 70 kph is about 45 mph. Sorry for the confusion. But 70 mph wold be nice.

• Haha
Reactions: DaleW79
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Lol, I never said I was going 70 mph. I said it cut out at 68 and 70. I live in Canada, therefore kilometres are what we go by. 70 kph is about 45 mph. Sorry for the confusion. But 70 mph wold be nice.
Lol...okay, now I get it. I don't know what kind of overhaul they're giving the site
but it used to show locations at the bottom of our avatar.

F

fish

May 20, 2016
Sault Ste. Marie Ontario
Ownership

1. 700-4
Lol...okay, now I get it. I don't know what kind of overhaul they're giving the site

Hey no problem. I got a good laugh from this. I should have known to change to mph before I posted.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
You couldn't tell by how polite he is?

Reactions: john

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!