P1000 how many of you use a inclinometer?

S

sheba4

Jan 5, 2018
mn.
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

3. Big Red
ok I have a total of 3 miles on my p1000-5 and I was coming off the lake last week and I had to go at an angle because of the sand ridge by shore.... I do not know what degree I was at for the side slope but it felt like I was going to tip over... I think I was at about 10 or 12 degrees but if felt like more since I am new to the p1000. it felt like I was on my 1986 big red ready to tip... I am just not use to the high center of gravity it seemed... I have a p1000-5 in the deluxe which is all stock wheels and tires... any of you use a angle indicator or clinometer? of course there are a lot of factors that also play into this... tires, another person with you, speed, conditions etc. show me which one you have if any...

Gary

Reactions: Farmer
D

Deleted member 3748

I use this.

41Sis553zwL SX342

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
a also like this model... it depends what location you put it in also... I just want a little reference of some point...
Mine is velcroed to inside of windshield right in front of drivers seat

Reactions: TimG
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
ok I have a total of 3 miles on my p1000-5 and I was coming off the lake last week and I had to go at an angle because of the sand ridge by shore.... I do not know what degree I was at for the side slope but it felt like I was going to tip over... I think I was at about 10 or 12 degrees but if felt like more since I am new to the p1000. it felt like I was on my 1986 big red ready to tip... I am just not use to the high center of gravity it seemed... I have a p1000-5 in the deluxe which is all stock wheels and tires... any of you use a angle indicator or clinometer? of course there are a lot of factors that also play into this... tires, another person with you, speed, conditions etc. show me which one you have if any...

Gary
The factors like you mentioned are why I haven’t ran one. I’ve had a Garmin which records it and things are so dependent on everything.
You can come into something at the right speed with a little side grip and been at 60deg without tipping and then a little different situation and tip at 35-40. It’s a little sketchy to trust plus in bad situation the last thing you’d want to be doing is looking at it IMHO
If you got one I’d probably stick to something that’s fairly reliable but not go by it other then a basic idea where you’re at.

Last edited:
advertisement
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I’ve never had one or ever even thought of having one or even knew people had one. What I have is instinct and a wicked gift of reflex and visual coordination that Serves me well. Forgive me if I’m wrong, I know my mind is special and not like the normal mind , the way I’ve always felt is if your in a situation and your tiping to the side, it’s relatively easy to know if your in a bad spot and gona tip. I’m paying attention on the terrain so I find out what to do with my hands throttle and break to keep it from tipping. Sometimes it’s inevitable your not gona save it. I’m not gona be looking at a bubble level to tell me that. It would be like listing to my wife tell me in what to do in that situation.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I’ve never had one or ever even thought of having one or even knew people had one. What I have is instinct and a wicked gift of reflex and visual coordination that Serves me well. Forgive me if I’m wrong, I know my mind is special and not like the normal mind , the way I’ve always felt is if your in a situation and your tiping to the side, it’s relatively easy to know if your in a bad spot and gona tip. I’m paying attention on the terrain so I find out what to do with my hands throttle and break to keep it from tipping. Sometimes it’s inevitable your not gona save it. I’m not gona be looking at a bubble level to tell me that. It would be like listing to my wife tell me in what to do in that situation.
I just have it so I can try to beat my high score.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

E

Ed_Dyer

Lifetime Member
Oct 9, 2018
Minnesota USA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
ok I have a total of 3 miles on my p1000-5 and I was coming off the lake last week and I had to go at an angle because of the sand ridge by shore....

Gary

I have not yet installed one for "roll", but I use the "senior" version of the aforementioned Lev-O-Gage for pitch. I put a trapezoidal mirror next to it, to catch it the upper corner of the frame of the Go-Pro. This quickly puts an end to projectile-urinating competition on how steep a hill is, at least in those cases where the Go-Pro was successfully turned on and put into 'record' mode. I later learned that it needs to be illuminated to be legible in the video on dreary days (or at night).

On upper cross-bar, left to right: rear-view mirror, inclinometer, trapezoidal mirror, GoPro:
Inclin 08812s

Screen shot from Go-Pro:
Inclinometer 2018 09 18s

O

oldfortyfive

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2015
Illinois
Ownership

1. 500
The engineer in me says that it would be a great idea to have one on my P500. It's in now, but waiting on warm weather to install.

Reactions: Deleted member 3748
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!