P1000 how many of you use a inclinometer?

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think Honda says 36.6 with 400 lbs loaded properly

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

E

Ed_Dyer

Lifetime Member
Oct 9, 2018
Minnesota USA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The engineer in me says that it would be a great idea to have one on my P500. It's in now, but waiting on warm weather to install.

Seems like there's always something to engineer into a simple component.
For pitch axis, it would be nicer to have an inclinometer labeled in 'percent grade' instead of 'degrees'.
I don't know what the convention is for roll axis (side slope). I get a bit cowardly with side slopes, particularly with passengers onboard.

But, in the name of "engineering", I've added illumination since the buggy was last out.

Lit Incl 1233cs

Here's an example without illumination on a mildly-overcast day:

(Not my You-tube account)
This was just outside of the Devil Anse ATV resort at H-M WV, off the resort-access trail. The "official" trails we rode on that trip rarely had a slope with much more than 25% grade, maybe hit 30% in one spot (14 to 17 degrees). We were riding alone, so we stayed on the "easy" and "moderate" trails.

Incl LEDs 1223cs

S

ScottnKayBall

Dec 21, 2018
Robbins, tn
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Several apps for your phone too. If you use it for tunes or maps.

S

ScottnKayBall

Dec 21, 2018
Robbins, tn
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Yah but, it will tell you when are past 45. A lot of them also let you set an alarm at whatever point you want.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!