P1000 How many trouble free miles you got?

O

ODIE

Oct 20, 2018
Mich
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Shout out to my dealer " Dean's Honda " of Alpena Mich. bought mine new and at 1300 my front tires almost bald factory toe in too aggressive took it back and they warrantied me two new front tires after adjusting toe in

J

joeythib1

Feb 1, 2017
Louisiana
Shout out to my dealer " Dean's Honda " of Alpena Mich. bought mine new and at 1300 my front tires almost bald factory toe in too aggressive took it back and they warrantied me two new front tires after adjusting toe in
3400 miles before clutch's and 3500 broken wire on rear injector.

H

Hondagord

Nov 5, 2018
Ontario Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Up here in canada we run in km not miles so if ya wanna convert it go ahead but on my 2016 p1000-5, I have 7680 km and have had zero problems, all stock and only recalls done to it except for regular maintenance, use it for trail riding, hunting, snow plowing and getting into remote lakes for fishing. I will definitely buy another. We just love our pioneer.

Reactions: sharp and BWAF
E

Ekydave

Apr 7, 2018
Eastern ky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Buddy of mine has a 16 with over 7000 miles. Clutch update was installed around 6k. He rides it everyday.

Brett002

Brett002

Feb 28, 2017
Bangladesh
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon R
I'll chime in on this one. I'm at 13,5xx miles on my 16' 3p. Prolly 12,000 of those on 30's. They are my second set of maxxis zillas and are super light. Need to replace rear cv's as I have one of them popping a little. My upshift paddle needs a new switch because the metal armature broke off. Still gotta order. I pulled it outside of steering wheel housing and still use it here and there. Also need a rear pinion seal for the second time. I'm not really a water rider. Just keep an eye on fluids, regular maintenance, and riiiiiiiide.

Brett002

Brett002

Feb 28, 2017
Bangladesh
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon R
I'll chime in on this one. I'm at 13,5xx miles on my 16' 3p. Prolly 12,000 of those on 30's. They are my second set of maxxis zillas and are super light. Need to replace rear cv's as I have one of them popping a little. My upshift paddle needs a new switch because the metal armature broke off. Still gotta order. I pulled it outside of steering wheel housing and still use it here and there. Also need a rear pinion seal for the second time. I'm not really a water rider. Just keep an eye on fluids, regular maintenance, and riiiiiiiide.

Also no updates. Use manual a lot. Keep the rpm's up. Drive it like you stole it and beat it like it owes you $$$! Well cuz it does! lol

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Also no updates. Use manual a lot. Keep the rpm's up. Drive it like you stole it and beat it like it owes you $$$! Well cuz it does! lol
Awesome

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Dallasaero

Dallasaero

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2016
Poplar MT
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a 2016 pioneer 1000 P5 deluxe. I have had it in for three recalls, heat, clutch, injection. I would like to make a point about the clutch problems some people seems to be having. I am not a Honda mechanic, but in looking at cutaway pictures and schematic drawings I noticed something different. There is NOT a torque converter. So the way we all learned to drive in automatics we cannot drive our side-by-side’s the same way. It appears to me that any time you have the throttle off idle, you have engaged the clutch. So if you’re not moving, you are slipping the clutch, which creates heat, which burns up at the clutches. That is why it’s imperative if you’re trying to start out a heavy load or up a steep incline or dig your way out of a mudhole, you must be in low range or you will be going to the shop! Just my twobits worth.....

itsrip

itsrip

Mar 10, 2021
AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
2010 800 Polaris ranger 9600 miles 1 clutch
2015 1000 Polaris ranger 8500 miles sold in 2018 ran great
2021 1000 Honda pioneer 700 miles hope to have to it out live me

IMG 2462

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!