P500 How to add music to the P500 for under $100?

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
If you ask me, $300, $400, or $600+ is insane to add a simple audio system to a side by side - and I need to save money to buy all the other cool upgrades that i just have to have!

I am looking at waterproof bluetooth speakers to use. Amazon has several that look tough and are in the $30 - $50 range. Please show me what you have used, and let me know if your results were satisfactory. It's not going to be as convenient as having a stereo like in a car, but at least when I have more than a mile or two of boring road to travel I would have something to listen to...

There really isn't much space in the cockpit of a P500, and I don't want to be hitting my head off of speakers or whatever else clamped to the ROPS. And whatever I use, I do not want to have to worry about ruining it by hosing it off or getting mud on it.

Reactions: Deleted member 3748
sthomp54

sthomp54

Jun 11, 2015
If you ask me, $300, $400, or $600+ is insane to add a simple audio system to a side by side - and I need to save money to buy all the other cool upgrades that i just have to have!

I am looking at waterproof bluetooth speakers to use. Amazon has several that look tough and are in the $30 - $50 range. Please show me what you have used, and let me know if your results were satisfactory. It's not going to be as convenient as having a stereo like in a car, but at least when I have more than a mile or two of boring road to travel I would have something to listen to...

There really isn't much space in the cockpit of a P500, and I don't want to be hitting my head off of speakers or whatever else clamped to the ROPS. And whatever I use, I do not want to have to worry about ruining it by hosing it off or getting mud on it.

I used one of these. Sounds pretty good and you can get them at costco on occassion for much less than amazon.

Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker

Reactions: ehart814
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I used one of these. Sounds pretty good and you can get them at costco on occassion for much less than amazon.

Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker

Thank you!!! That actually looks great... I searched "bluetooth" in the search bar on the forum and your post didn't show up... weird. I hate to be the guy that asks the same question that's already been answered 100 times on the forum, so I usually try to search for an answer before asking.

I will try to keep an eye out for a deal on that... I don't have a costco near me, but I would def. pay $70 for that setup.

SBuckJ

SBuckJ

Jan 21, 2015
Central PA
Understand you get what you pay for...I used a Pyle amplifier for years, and though it sounded OK I then went with a Kenwood and it changed the whole thing. I used the cheap Pyle (non Bluetooth) systems for years and though they were actually better than their bluetooth system..Pyle and Boss are the same...small systems with speakers..I actually mounted my pyle amp under the hood and installed the two speakers in 6"PVC caps and mounted with u-bolts on the rear roll bar...as I got more money I upgraded the amp...

20150222 125535 20150222 125639

sthomp54

sthomp54

Jun 11, 2015
Thank you!!! That actually looks great... I searched "bluetooth" in the search bar on the forum and your post didn't show up... weird. I hate to be the guy that asks the same question that's already been answered 100 times on the forum, so I usually try to search for an answer before asking.

I will try to keep an eye out for a deal on that... I don't have a costco near me, but I would def. pay $70 for that setup.

Glad to help. I did post that several months ago so not sure they still sell them at costco. It is a very rugged speaker and portable too, I have actually submerged it in a pool while playing music and it plays right along...when you get too deep the bluetooth signal drops out though!

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Glad to help. I did post that several months ago so not sure they still sell them at costco. It is a very rugged speaker and portable too, I have actually submerged it in a pool while playing music and it plays right along...when you get too deep the bluetooth signal drops out though!

It's actually on their website for $88. Thanks again!

Akfishbum

Akfishbum

Jul 9, 2015
Alaska
Ownership

1. 500
I use a Braven-X waterproof speaker. Sound is decent for the size and they are tough as hell....mine has gone off the raft in class four white water (glad I remembered to hook the lanyard to the boat), dropped it off a cliff while doing geology work it bounced down about 1500 ft through the rocks ended up near the trail we climbed up on, and I just leave it clamped on the P500 when I wash it and it still works great. I bought mine at Best Buy on sale for about $60 they come in different colors.....I went bright red for obvious reasons. They also work like a blue tooth head set for the phone if you want.....my only complaint is at times it is not quite loud enough if you are at speed with a helmet on. Pretty sure you can link more than one together as well never tried it but that should give you more volume.

sthomp54

sthomp54

Jun 11, 2015
It's actually on their website for $88. Thanks again!

Just FYI, that looks like an ECOCARBON. Its a little smaller than the ECOSTONE that I have, might not be as loud... Its a bit confusing.

Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500

I sing and make money doing it....the other people give me money to stop, win, win for me.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4

Amazon.com: BOSS AUDIO MC400 Chrome 600 watt Motorcycle/ATV Sound System, 3" Speakers (1 pair), Aux Input, Volume Control: Car Electronics
Top 50 Utv-Sound-Bar-Sale - UpTo 70% Off Utv-Sound-Bar-Sale, New Models - Compare Utv-Sound-Bar-Sale Cheaper prices - Compare99.com

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 3748

I use a JBL Charge, but it's not quite enough. I can't hear it under medium to heavy acceleration. However, I'm putting insulation under the seat this weekend to relieve some of the hot seat and it should be a sound deadener too. I have high hopes the speaker will work just fine when I'm done. I'll keep you posted.

webby

webby

Lifetime Member
Nov 25, 2015
Philipsburg, Pa.
Ownership

1. 500
I used a BOSS Audio Bluetooth receiver setup with 3" speakers. I mounted my speakers under the dash on either side of the cab. They fit in there nicely. I didn't trust the receiver to be completely waterproof as it was advertised as water resistant so I used Flex Seal and coated the receiver and wiring harness so water couldn't sneak down thru the mesh sheath used for protecting the harness. I then had a buddy make a bracket out of stainless that the receiver could slide in to be mounted under the dash to the right side of the cab. So far so good and it's difficult to even see the components.

webby

webby

Lifetime Member
Nov 25, 2015
Philipsburg, Pa.
Ownership

1. 500
I used a BOSS Audio Bluetooth receiver setup with 3" speakers. I mounted my speakers under the dash on either side of the cab. They fit in there nicely. I didn't trust the receiver to be completely waterproof as it was advertised as water resistant so I used Flex Seal and coated the receiver and wiring harness so water couldn't sneak down thru the mesh sheath used for protecting the harness. I then had a buddy make a bracket out of stainless that the receiver could slide in to be mounted under the dash to the right side of the cab. So far so good and it's difficult to even see the components.
Whole set up was just under $100 including the Flex Seal.

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

That sounds interesting too... good thinking with the flex seal.
Do you have pics of how you mounted the speakers and amp? You have me thinking now... I could mount some sort of waterproof box under the hood (i don't have a storage tray there). Shouldn't cause any issues with the bluetooth... is there any reason to be able to touch the receiver after it's hooked up and wired? It would be cool to completely hide it so it wouldn't be in the way. Is the volume controlled only by the phone, o
I looked at these systems: http://www.amazon.com/BOSS-MCBK500-Motorcycle-Weather-Speakers/dp/B015AA4H44/?tag=sxsweb24-20

Do the speakers ever get in the way? Do you bump into them ever? If i can figure out a clean way to install it I might go this route... The wireless remote is a big plus... It would be nice to not even have to see the receiver.

webby

webby

Lifetime Member
Nov 25, 2015
Philipsburg, Pa.
Ownership

1. 500
The speakers are tucked away nicely and I haven't had any issues with them being in the way. I mounted everything in the inside under the dash because it just doesn't get as muddy and wet in that location. Mounting it inside under the hood will not make a difference in how the Bluetooth functions. The receiver has an auxiliary port that you can use for another device such as an iPod and I wanted access to that from the cab. The port came with a rubber plug that fits snug to keep out water and dust. I'll post some pics as soon as I can. I'll have to take some and I'll be home late this evening.

webby

webby

Lifetime Member
Nov 25, 2015
Philipsburg, Pa.
Ownership

1. 500
Image Image Image Image Here are a few pics. Hope it helps. You can see the speaker is set back approx. 3/4inch from the door opening so there aren't clearance issues. One way to do it but lots of good ideas on here. Good luck.

P

Paradym

Mar 14, 2016
Winter Garden, FL

I ended up getting the Boss at 25k system off amazon for $150. Sounds great and I'm going to attach to my roll cage or back rack!!

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I meant atv25b!

I was looking at those too... the price is pretty reasonable, and all you have to do is plug it in to the accessory outlet. I like that it's a simple install, but they look huge... I'm going to see if I can find a version that uses 4" speakers in a more compact package. When you get yours installed, post some pics.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!