Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker

sthomp54

sthomp54

Jun 11, 2015
Added relatively cheap audio to my 500 today. Picked up a Ecostone from Costco for $70. It is waterproof, shockproof, Milspec, etc. Here is a link from amazon for info:

http://www.amazon.com/ECOXGEAR-Portable-Outdoor-Bluetooth-Speaker/dp/B00I9HD8PK/?tag=sxsweb24-20

It sounds really good. Even up to top speed you can still hear the music. Its not going to drown out the motor or put out thumping bass but it works pretty good all things considered. I placed it just behind the seatback, it almost fits perfectly and wedged in there pretty tight..didnt come loose in a quick test ride. I may add something to secure it better, it has a 1/4 20 threads for a solid mount. Anyway here is a pic:
Speakers

32bantam

32bantam

Feb 15, 2016
Staunton IL
Looks good but I'd like a FM receiver also. I've thought about just using an intercom system like motorcycle riders use. I had one around here somewhere. That way the wife and I could listen to music and still talk to each other through the helmet mounted mics.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Looks good but I'd like a FM receiver also. I've thought about just using an intercom system like motorcycle riders use. I had one around here somewhere. That way the wife and I could listen to music and still talk to each other through the helmet mounted mics.
I've driven my truck throughout the NF's gravel roads that I ride my P-5 in (Oklahoma) and fm reception is spotty. XM is the way to go if your song book on your phone is insufficient, in case you're wanting to listen to Rush Limbaugh while your enjoying a ride in the woods. Although that seems like a conflict of interests, lol.

Reactions: Geoff and 32bantam

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!