P500 Pro Armor 4 speaker sound bar UPDATE. ....

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Now your talkin'...very cool!
Ported takes less power for bigger boom.
My 8" is ported. Now you just gotta keep it dry.

It's going behind the seat....
I hope....
should get monday

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
That's alot of money for a Jensen! Doesn't say anything about adding on either, just easy two wire hook up.

Hey Roc...
Did they lose your sub or what?
Got sub tuesday....
not all that & a bag of chips
......been busy as hell....with work...
gardening...ect..

Reactions: trigger
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I know what you mean...
the struggle of what you want to do
and have to do. Priorities!
Yeah...
I got 5 Bennies
in the sound system....
I'm done...
I'm happy with wat ...
...The Green Stomper...
looks & sounds...
FOR NOW.......

Reactions: Eltobgi and trigger
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Is that on a bar mount...
...looks like a flat mount..
... (mount to roof) ?
Yeah, it's a roof mount, for the P-5. I didn't go with that however because of poor reception in most places I ride. My six speaker sound bar isn't a receiver, does have sub ports for amp/MP3 etc. although, I can't see why anybody would need an amp if installing it in their SxS, I can't get above half volume as it is. It's just too much power, too loud. So we ride with it turned down playing songs from our 2,000 songs on the phones song book via blue tooth. $379.00

Last edited:
Reactions: trigger and rocmar
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
View attachment 16707 View attachment 16707
Yeah, it's a roof mount, for the P-5. I didn't go with that however because of poor reception in most places I ride. My six speaker sound bar isn't a receiver, does have sub ports for amp/MP3 etc. although, I can't see why anybody would need an amp if installing it in their SxS, I can't get above half volume as it is. It's just too much power, too loud. So we ride with it turned down playing songs from our 2,000 songs on the phones song book via blue tooth. $379.00
Yeah...we use MP3
on ours....we turn ours up
at night around the fire

Reactions: Montecresto
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
View attachment 16707 View attachment 16707
I considered that one too... no problem hitting your head on that getting in and out Monte??
MTX makes some cranking sound systems and that one has six speakers, I'm sure it gets loud!
The problem with these small systems is no bass, just screaming mids and highs. Especially when they're 6" from your ear.
The SSV Works only has 2 speakers but 2 more powered channels for add ons...which means mounted anywhere you want.
They also give you an FM radio, LED dome light and bluetooth, MP3 or IPOD. I rock the Ipod plugged in, fits in a compartment...no hanging wires and waterproof.
Then they give you RCA's and a turn on lead for an amp/sub. I had room in the toolbox for an 8" powered tube, it's pretty small.
After that it's all about tuning, I can tone those screaming speakers down and add low end to fill it up. Loud is easy, clarity takes more effort.
While it'll never sound great, as it is a SxS, it would shock you how much sound comes out of this little machine...Rolling Thunder!! :eek:

advertisement
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I considered that one too... no problem hitting your head on that getting in and out Monte??
MTX makes some cranking sound systems and that one has six speakers, I'm sure it gets loud!
The problem with these small systems is no bass, just screaming mids and highs. Especially when they're 6" from your ear.
The SSV Works only has 2 speakers but 2 more powered channels for add ons...which means mounted anywhere you want.
They also give you an FM radio, LED dome light and bluetooth, MP3 or IPOD. I rock the Ipod plugged in, fits in a compartment...no hanging wires and waterproof.
Then they give you RCA's and a turn on lead for an amp/sub. I had room in the toolbox for an 8" powered tube, it's pretty small.
After that it's all about tuning, I can tone those screaming speakers down and add low end to fill it up. Loud is easy, clarity takes more effort.
While it'll never sound great, as it is a SxS, it would shock you how much sound comes out of this little machine...Rolling Thunder!! :eek:

I mounted mine like that....
for a day....the wife & I
decided to put it in the
Back...to close to head..
face.so put in back...
once min is powere up..
i run entire soundbar from
sony Walkman mp3 player
....it's on a curly cord
then velcos to soundbar...

20160521 121331

Reactions: Twitch and trigger
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I mounted mine like that....
for a day....the wife & I
decided to put it in the
Back...to close to head..
face.so put in back...
once min is powere up..
i run entire soundbar from
sony Walkman mp3 player
....it's on a curly cord
then velcos to soundbar...

View attachment 16744
Nice...I like that set up.

T

Twitch

May 6, 2016
In the backyard
I gotta get me one of those coiled plugs so I'm now wrapping mine around the roll bar. How did the sub end up fitting? Any pics?

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I gotta get me one of those coiled plugs so I'm now wrapping mine around the roll bar. How did the sub end up fitting? Any pics?
Tight behind seat..
but for $150....
Not all that & a
bag of chips....
actually sounds better on my
home stereo

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
$10
Kmart

Reactions: Twitch
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I would say that tech has gone past that. Unless you just want that chest thumping bass that you here from the car next to you at the red light, the bass is very adequate. As for the quality of sound, it's level with Bose. For under $400.00, it's sound. A good investment, IMO.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Yeah...we use MP3
on ours....we turn ours up
at night around the fire
Here's another picture of it in which you can see the clamps, and the manor of attachment. It's not in the way, and we never hit our heads on it. With the dual battery, we can listen to it for a very long time around the fire at night, no worries.

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
View attachment 16783
Here's another picture of it in which you can see the clamps, and the manor of attachment. It's not in the way, and we never hit our heads on it. With the dual battery, we can listen to it for a very long time around the fire at night, no worries.

I got just stock battery. ..
and play ours...never had a
problem...with draining the
Battery...
mine is same...even advertisied
that it has recessed mounts
everyone has there own deal

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I got just stock battery. ..
and play ours...never had a
problem...with draining the
Battery...
mine is same...even advertisied
that it has recessed mounts
everyone has there own deal
Sure enough.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!