P500 Pro Armor 4 speaker sound bar UPDATE. ....

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I would say that tech has gone past that. Unless you just want that chest thumping bass that you here from the car next to you at the red light, the bass is very adequate. As for the quality of sound, it's level with Bose. For under $400.00, it's sound. A good investment, IMO.
You're right, technology has come a long way but never forget, the bigger the speaker the bigger the sound.
Those punks at the red light give audiophiles a bad name. I have buddies that say " what, are you 16 yrs old or something? ".
I can throw a system together for $300 that will shake the ground and rattle windows easy. I have built systems in SUV's that are so clean that when you listen to something you've heard for 20 yrs, you will hear instruments and nuances that you've never heard before.
There is a difference, most don't know how to properly reproduce it but you'll know it when you hear it.
Sorry...it's a passion!

P.S. Bose is overpriced mediocre stereo equipment.

Reactions: rocmar
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
You're right, technology has come a long way but never forget, the bigger the speaker the bigger the sound.
Those punks at the red light give audiophiles a bad name. I have buddies that say " what, are you 16 yrs old or something? ".
I can throw a system together for $300 that will shake the ground and rattle windows easy. I have built systems in SUV's that are so clean that when you listen to something you've heard for 20 yrs, you will hear instruments and nuances that you've never heard before.
There is a difference, most don't know how to properly reproduce it but you'll know it when you hear it.
Sorry...it's a passion!

P.S. Bose is overpriced mediocre stereo equipment.
Don't want to get in the way of anybody's passion. All my Z-71's have teamed with Bose and it's quite sufficient for the casual listener. Just a casual listener here who doesn't need to shake any ground or rattle windows, I appreciate your enthusiasm and experience with audio however good buddy.

Reactions: trigger
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
That's alot of money for a Jensen! Doesn't say anything about adding on either, just easy two wire hook up.

Hey Roc...
Did they lose your sub or what?
True, but that's the nature of the sxs accessories business. A Jensen set up for a car would be cheaper. The front bumper on my little P-5 cost as much as the rear bumper on my full size pick up truck, I still bought the Strong Made. Oh, and tires, same price as the 265-17's I run on my Z-71 HD, and I get 50k miles on them.

Last edited:
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
True, but that's the nature of the sxs accessories business. A Jensen set up for a car would be cheaper. The front bumper on my little P-5 cost as much as the rear bumper on my full size pick up truck.
So true!

Look how much those sound bars cost that you guys have! I'm sure they are awesome, but I just can't justify spending $300 - $600 on a simple stereo. I can get a sweet touch screen, DVD, head unit for my car for less than that (speakers not included, obviously). I think i'm just going to stick with headphones in the P500 for a while!!! haha

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
So true!

Look how much those sound bars cost that you guys have! I'm sure they are awesome, but I just can't justify spending $300 - $600 on a simple stereo. I can get a sweet touch screen, DVD, head unit for my car for less than that (speakers not included, obviously). I think i'm just going to stick with headphones in the P500 for a while!!! haha
I understand, been a carpenter all my life and I refuse to buy one of those wobbly box back yard sheds at Lowes. But there are plenty of satisfied homeowners who have but aren't themselves carpenters, and view them just fine. The sound bars we use are compact and they aren't produced in the mass numbers that car stereos are. We're paying for the convenience of good sound, not @trigger good, but good.

Last edited:
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I understand, been a carpenter all my life and I refuse to buy one of those wobbly box back yard sheds at Lowes. But there are plenty of satisfied homeowners who have but aren't themselves carpenters, and view them just fine.
Hey I have one of those!!! hahaha Such a crappy tin box. I absolutely hate doing any kind of carpentry, woodworking, and even general home improvement. I can't cut a board square to save my life! But I can turn a wrench on a car, truck, ATV, motorcycle, better than the average Joe. I've learned my lesson when it comes to home repairs - pay someone that knows what they are doing. Almost every home improvement project I have attempted has been so screwed up that it needs to be re-done at a greater cost. Everyone has always told me that you just have to try it and "learn as you go". Well that doesn't work for me apparently! After making the mistakes I've made, I've given up on all that. I've screwed up flooring, painting, plumbing, electrical, and more than i'm sure i'm forgetting. I'll leave the carpentry to the experts like you!

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
So true!

Pull your ear buds out....ehart
I'll turn mine up...& share

kenmo

kenmo

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2016
mayfield, ky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-3
hello , I just bought a new 500 and love it so far. I ordered a pro Armour sound bar. I was wondering the best way to hook the power up to it. I hated to run straight to battery or splice anything. thanks

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Hey I have one of those!!! hahaha Such a crappy tin box. I absolutely hate doing any kind of carpentry, woodworking, and even general home improvement. I can't cut a board square to save my life! But I can turn a wrench on a car, truck, ATV, motorcycle, better than the average Joe. I've learned my lesson when it comes to home repairs - pay someone that knows what they are doing. Almost every home improvement project I have attempted has been so screwed up that it needs to be re-done at a greater cost. Everyone has always told me that you just have to try it and "learn as you go". Well that doesn't work for me apparently! After making the mistakes I've made, I've given up on all that. I've screwed up flooring, painting, plumbing, electrical, and more than i'm sure i'm forgetting. I'll leave the carpentry to the experts like you!
Ok, it's a deal. I'll maintain your home and you'll maintain my P5, tractors, farm truck, mowers, trimmers, chain s...........!

Reactions: ehart814
advertisement
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
hello , I just bought a new 500 and love it so far. I ordered a pro Armour sound bar. I was wondering the best way to hook the power up to it. I hated to run straight to battery or splice anything. thanks
Start with the $9.00 Honda sub harness and the instructions that accompany your sound bar. That should be sufficient, but if not, search about the forum. There's plenty of discussion here on this and closely related topics. And, some sound (audio) experts here too!!!

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Start with the $9.00 Honda sub harness and the instructions that accompany your sound bar. That should be sufficient, but if not, search about the forum. There's plenty of discussion here on this and closely related topics. And, some sound (audio) experts here too!!!
Monte's right...start with that cheap harness. That will power up 4 accessories if I remember right. They are switched power though, have to have the key on.
BTW monte...30 yr carpenter here too...and I wouldn't go as far as audio expert but... ;)

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Y
thanks guys I will look for the harness
You mounting on front/Rear bar?
Pro Armor is easy dude
2 wire hook up
yours the 4 / 8....speaker?

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Monte's right...start with that cheap harness. That will power up 4 accessories if I remember right. They are switched power though, have to have the key on.
BTW monte...30 yr carpenter here too...and I wouldn't go as far as audio expert but... ;)
Right on brother, I knew there was something about you!!! 40 years here though, can you fetch me a wood stretcher? :) Oh, and I can tell, you are an audio expert!

kenmo

kenmo

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2016
mayfield, ky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-3
rocmar I was mounting it on the rear bar, and it is a 4 speaker.

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
20160521 121331
That's the one I got...
I run mp3....off of
soundbar. ..
Post some pics
bro....

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Mounted mine upside down....to tuck it up
mounting right side up...I felt it hung
down...to far..

kenmo

kenmo

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2016
mayfield, ky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-3
Thats a cool idea never thought about hanging it upside down. How did u hook your power up? sub harness?

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!