P1000m5 How to convince your wife you need a winch.

Z

zin01

May 2, 2017
Royse City
So I went riding at rabbit creek on Saturday. We go there about 9am and there was only one other rig there, someone that was camping. Anyway we had never been there before so my wife my daughter that is almost 2 years old and I set out to start exploring. We rode around for about an hour and ran into numerous puddles. Some I could go around and some I couldn't. The ones that I couldn't I would put the P1K5 in low and make sure I was in 4lock and ease into them telling my wife to hang on because if it started to get deep I was either going to floor it or stop suddenly and back out. So we go through 1 and it is about 1 inch deep. With good firm sandy type soil under it. That's not to bad I say and we are on our way. Well we go thought probably 10 or 12 puddles that are between 1 to 6 inches deep and every time stoping and putting it in 4 low lock. So after a while I feel pretty confident that the puddles aren't to bad and I remember that this park doesn't allow trucks or jeeps or anything bigger then a sxs on it and that's why the puddles aren't that deep or rutted out. So I get a little more confident and still put it in 4low not lock and go through some more puddles. Well I come up to this longer puddle that looks maybe it's a little deeper. I ask my wife "what do you think" and of corse she says "i don't know it's up to you" so we start in and like usual it's pretty shallow and I don't feel the tires slipping at all. Then I get in trouble. The front end starts to sink so I punch it thinking it's just kinda a deep spot and I'll pop right back up. No luck she goes down and just sinks. I had to leave my wife and little girl with the P1K. I left it running because the exhaust was under water and my wife wasn't sure how to get back to the staging area. Anyways long story short I found the only other atv out there it was 600 cc quad and couldn't get me out so luckily I was kinda by a hwy so I drove my truck around and down into the ditch and 60 feet of chains and straps and I was out. She drove the truck back on the hwy and I drove the p1k back and met her at the staging area. A little while later she says to me. "I think we should probably go ahead and get a winch. So I ordered my second battery and winch and what not today. Oh and my daughter learned a new word that day "stuck" lol 04508b886f3d2724530bd9417b88a8adE33f8f324585a1ed82c5c0e5e563431a

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
So I went riding at rabbit creek on Saturday. We go there about 9am and there was only one other rig there, someone that was camping. Anyway we had never been there before so my wife my daughter that is almost 2 years old and I set out to start exploring. We rode around for about an hour and ran into numerous puddles. Some I could go around and some I couldn't. The ones that I couldn't I would put the P1K5 in low and make sure I was in 4lock and ease into them telling my wife to hang on because if it started to get deep I was either going to floor it or stop suddenly and back out. So we go through 1 and it is about 1 inch deep. With good firm sandy type soil under it. That's not to bad I say and we are on our way. Well we go thought probably 10 or 12 puddles that are between 1 to 6 inches deep and every time stoping and putting it in 4 low lock. So after a while I feel pretty confident that the puddles aren't to bad and I remember that this park doesn't allow trucks or jeeps or anything bigger then a sxs on it and that's why the puddles aren't that deep or rutted out. So I get a little more confident and still put it in 4low not lock and go through some more puddles. Well I come up to this longer puddle that looks maybe it's a little deeper. I ask my wife "what do you think" and of corse she says "i don't know it's up to you" so we start in and like usual it's pretty shallow and I don't feel the tires slipping at all. Then I get in trouble. The front end starts to sink so I punch it thinking it's just kinda a deep spot and I'll pop right back up. No luck she goes down and just sinks. I had to leave my wife and little girl with the P1K. I left it running because the exhaust was under water and my wife wasn't sure how to get back to the staging area. Anyways long story short I found the only other atv out there it was 600 cc quad and couldn't get me out so luckily I was kinda by a hwy so I drove my truck around and down into the ditch and 60 feet of chains and straps and I was out. She drove the truck back on the hwy and I drove the p1k back and met her at the staging area. A little while later she says to me. "I think we should probably go ahead and get a winch. So I ordered my second battery and winch and what not today. Oh and my daughter learned a new word that day "stuck" lolView attachment 45144View attachment 45145

That'll do it! Great story

Reactions: sharp and zin01
J

Jshell3

I went with the KFI stealth with synthetic line. The price wasn't to bad and I found the KFI mount and winch on amazon. 4500 lbs pull.

Yeah. I think that KFI is a good one.
I have Synthetic Line Warn Vantage 4000. I pulled some limbs down and cleared some fire lanes at the lease w it already. !!! FUN
P1000m5 - BIG BLUE
There's a link to my garage discussion.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Very cool! Do you have a snorkel? You may want to add that to the to do list from the looks of that picture!

CP: This group looked for anything rough and had a great time. It wasn't all about who was the best or correct line just some good ol boys with a beer and a 4wd.

Z

zin01

May 2, 2017
Royse City
Very cool! Do you have a snorkel? You may want to add that to the to do list from the looks of that picture!

CP: This group looked for anything rough and had a great time. It wasn't all about who was the best or correct line just some good ol boys with a beer and a 4wd.

Yeah that was the first thing I did. I made it out of pvc and ran it up along the roll bar on the passenger side. If you look at the picture you can see my white zip ties lol. I also bought the vent tub relocation kit from jkwoffroad.

Reactions: sharp
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Oh crap! I completely missed that. I'll blame it on the use of my phone in the small pictures. Get the winch and then hammer down!

Z

zin01

May 2, 2017
Royse City
Yeah. I think that KFI is a good one.
I have Synthetic Line Warn Vantage 4000. I pulled some limbs down and cleared some fire lanes at the lease w it already. !!! FUN
P1000m5 - BIG BLUE
There's a link to my garage discussion.

The last time I had a warn was when I had a Jeep and it was less then a year old and something happened to it and it would barely reel the line in let alone pull anything. Not saying warn is a bad product but I didn't feel it lived up to its reputation so I went with KFI this time.

Reactions: sharp and Jshell3
Z

zin01

May 2, 2017
Royse City
Oh crap! I completely missed that. I'll blame it on the use of my phone in the small pictures. Get the winch and then hammer down!

I would blame it on the fat guy in all orange. I know I'm pretty distracting. Lol

Reactions: sharp and joeymt33
advertisement
E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Your wife is a smart woman.

A winch is necessary!
(especially the way you drive!)

VINEYARD1909

VINEYARD1909

Jun 20, 2017
Chatsworth Ga
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I went riding at rabbit creek on Saturday. We go there about 9am and there was only one other rig there, someone that was camping. Anyway we had never been there before so my wife my daughter that is almost 2 years old and I set out to start exploring. We rode around for about an hour and ran into numerous puddles. Some I could go around and some I couldn't. The ones that I couldn't I would put the P1K5 in low and make sure I was in 4lock and ease into them telling my wife to hang on because if it started to get deep I was either going to floor it or stop suddenly and back out. So we go through 1 and it is about 1 inch deep. With good firm sandy type soil under it. That's not to bad I say and we are on our way. Well we go thought probably 10 or 12 puddles that are between 1 to 6 inches deep and every time stoping and putting it in 4 low lock. So after a while I feel pretty confident that the puddles aren't to bad and I remember that this park doesn't allow trucks or jeeps or anything bigger then a sxs on it and that's why the puddles aren't that deep or rutted out. So I get a little more confident and still put it in 4low not lock and go through some more puddles. Well I come up to this longer puddle that looks maybe it's a little deeper. I ask my wife "what do you think" and of corse she says "i don't know it's up to you" so we start in and like usual it's pretty shallow and I don't feel the tires slipping at all. Then I get in trouble. The front end starts to sink so I punch it thinking it's just kinda a deep spot and I'll pop right back up. No luck she goes down and just sinks. I had to leave my wife and little girl with the P1K. I left it running because the exhaust was under water and my wife wasn't sure how to get back to the staging area. Anyways long story short I found the only other atv out there it was 600 cc quad and couldn't get me out so luckily I was kinda by a hwy so I drove my truck around and down into the ditch and 60 feet of chains and straps and I was out. She drove the truck back on the hwy and I drove the p1k back and met her at the staging area. A little while later she says to me. "I think we should probably go ahead and get a winch. So I ordered my second battery and winch and what not today. Oh and my daughter learned a new word that day "stuck" lolView attachment 45144View attachment 45145

You dont need a winch just need bigger tires and more ground clearance. Show your wife this post maybe you can get these also.

Reactions: joeymt33 and sharp
Z

zin01

May 2, 2017
Royse City
lol I would try but I don't think she will go for it.

Reactions: sharp
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!