P500 How to get the seat belts to not choke me?

B

Broncbob

Jul 2, 2017
Utah
Ownership

1. 500
I'm 6'1", and on rough trails, the seat belts in my 17 choke me. Any tips to prevent this, besides taking the shoulder belt and putting it behind my back?

Reactions: Dp5hunter
D

Deleted member 3748

They don't pull in any farther than your body so maybe you're moving forward some and it's just holding you back. Maybe try pressing yourself into the seat when you see something coming up. Mine gets me every once in a while, but it's not bad enough to get me to stop wearing it.

iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I bought a pair of these on Amazon they help a lot, also you might try using a clip on the harness up on top to give it a little slack XMAS2013   WIN 20170702 215606 welcome to the club

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Nice, what are they called, looking for some?

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I bought a pair of these on Amazon they help a lot, also you might try using a clip on the harness up on top to give it a little slack View attachment 47904 welcome to the club

I remember when you posted those
Seatbelt last year, I went online a bought a set that night.
I had to be different though...

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
Mine are furry but they don't say Honda .

Reactions: iowaguy
advertisement
NitroxDiver

NitroxDiver

Dec 22, 2016
Concord NC
Ownership

1. 500
I have been thinking about the pads for the shoulder belt too. I think the shoulder belts are universally bad for all people no matter their height. I'm 6' my dads 5' 9" and my wife is 5'3" and the shoulder belt bugs us all.

B

Broncbob

Jul 2, 2017
Utah
Ownership

1. 500
I'm all for the belts, I lost a good friend to a razor crash, he wasn't wearing his belt. His passenger had some bruising, she was wearing her belt.

Reactions: Dp5hunter
WillyBill

WillyBill

Wheeling Addict
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2017
Clinton, Utah
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
I run mine under my arm unless I'm gonna do what Huck did.:p

Reactions: trigger
J

JTW

I keep a couple of these on my over head gun rack and then clip them at the waist behind the buckle to keep the belt from cinching down. Works great and the belt still functions as it should.. you could do the same up at the seatbelt ratchet if it's tight at your neck.

IMG 4796

Little_g

Little_g

Aug 6, 2015
Parker, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I bought a pair of these on Amazon they help a lot, also you might try using a clip on the harness up on top to give it a little slack View attachment 47904 welcome to the club
These help a lot!! Don't have Honda ones but I've gone through a couple pair of these and they are a life saver!

Reactions: iowaguy
HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
I run mine under my arm unless I'm gonna do what Huck did.:p
Ewww ouch That's funny right there . LOL .
That's going to be the next safety feature , a warning system that says " Yo dummy !you are about to crash , put on your helmet and seat belt before preceding " . ;)

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!