TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
It has always amazed me how many people like to advertise their stupidity. I have been to more than one rodeo, so to speak, so I have learned a few things about human nature. First of all, it is completely understandable that people who have purchased a high ticket item, such as a SxS, tend to defend their purchase. You, I assume, bought a Honda Pioneer -1000, so to you, it is the absolute best SxS there is so you of course will defend you purchase. That is understandable. But defending your purchase by criticizing what someone else purchases, totally demonstrates your ignorance. One thing my dad tought me growing up is that the easiest thing anyone can do is criticize someone else or what they have. That takes no skill or talent. This some how makes you think better about yourself.
For example, you refer to the Polaris as having "rubber bands". Anyone with a brain knows that is not true. It is simply a comment based on total ignorance, meant to criticize, which of course you project. You must be a VERY shallow person.

My wife currently drives a Honda Pilot, and before that, she drove a Honda CR-V. Did you know that the CR-V, which is a very popular vehicle, has a CVT transmission? According to your idiocy, the CVT has rubber bands, much like a Polaris. Are you criticizing those who have a Honda CR-V?
A close friend on mine has a 2018 Northstar with around 5,000 miles. He told me that he still has the original belt (not rubber bands), and has not had any issues with it. I know that for you, this is extemely hard to believe., because you apparently are far more intelligent than most others. I really suggest that you stop making fun of and stop be-littleling others that choose to purchase something other than a Honda SxS.
YOU NEED TO GROW UP!!!
Your first time on the internet? That dude only spoke the truth except for the rubber band comment. Which shouldn't be offensive to anyone. If you follow someone on a gravel road, you will get dusty no matter what machine you're driving, unless its a sealed cab machine.

R

Red21

Aug 9, 2021
sioux falls, sd
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Your first time on the internet? That dude only spoke the truth except for the rubber band comment. Which shouldn't be offensive to anyone. If you follow someone on a gravel road, you will get dusty no matter what machine you're driving, unless its a sealed cab machine.
No, this is NOT the first time I have been on the Internet. I just get tired of all the crap that some people post or reply.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
You're right, Eric didn't say anything offensive and what's funny is they actually are an over sized elaborate rubber band. And for clarification, most CVT's in automobiles use a chain not a belt. 🤷‍♂️

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I had no idea rubber bands were so offensive, I have flown many a mile with rubber bands in my youth, I didn't care back many a year ago and still don't care to this day! So there, keep on flying!

P

Peterhope

Dec 5, 2021
Bc
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just get tired of all the crap that some people post or reply.
When something I read gets my blood pressure up I stop reading it and find something more calming to do. For me it’s going for a ride in my Honda Pioneer.
As for dust, Where I live it’s usually not dusty because it’s either raining, just stopped raining or is about to rain. Hahaha. Have fun, stay calm.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
you refer to the Polaris as having "rubber bands". Anyone with a brain knows that is not true. It is simply a comment based on total ignorance, meant to criticize, which of course you project. You must be a VERY shallow person.
Nah my 4 sleds have belts and I refer to them as rubber bands! They go BrrrrrrrrAAAAPP when they wind up 🤣🥳
I dont think its ment to criticize and
Surly not Ignorance 🤨 I can show you that🤔 and dont call me Surly! 🤣 😂 You need to lighten up Karen! Its ok, you can laugh too…

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
It has always amazed me how many people like to advertise their stupidity. I have been to more than one rodeo, so to speak, so I have learned a few things about human nature. First of all, it is completely understandable that people who have purchased a high ticket item, such as a SxS, tend to defend their purchase. You, I assume, bought a Honda Pioneer -1000, so to you, it is the absolute best SxS there is so you of course will defend you purchase. That is understandable. But defending your purchase by criticizing what someone else purchases, totally demonstrates your ignorance. One thing my dad tought me growing up is that the easiest thing anyone can do is criticize someone else or what they have. That takes no skill or talent. This some how makes you think better about yourself.
For example, you refer to the Polaris as having "rubber bands". Anyone with a brain knows that is not true. It is simply a comment based on total ignorance, meant to criticize, which of course you project. You must be a VERY shallow person.

My wife currently drives a Honda Pilot, and before that, she drove a Honda CR-V. Did you know that the CR-V, which is a very popular vehicle, has a CVT transmission? According to your idiocy, the CVT has rubber bands, much like a Polaris. Are you criticizing those who have a Honda CR-V?
A close friend on mine has a 2018 Northstar with around 5,000 miles. He told me that he still has the original belt (not rubber bands), and has not had any issues with it. I know that for you, this is extemely hard to believe., because you apparently are far more intelligent than most others. I really suggest that you stop making fun of and stop be-littleling others that choose to purchase something other than a Honda SxS.
YOU NEED TO GROW UP!!!

So, how do you keep dust out of the cab?

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
never understand why someone will buy an OFFROAD vehicle and then complain about dirt
There's dirt? :eek:

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Meh…it’s transmission is connected by band made of nylon or Kevlar impregnated with…..”Rubber”, or “rubber band”, since we are being all technical and stuff. 🤣

Last edited:
GrayRider

GrayRider

May 27, 2020
Pleasant Grove, Alabama
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hello, I have the hard roof, flip windshield and I purchased a hard back panel with sliding back window and yes it was expensive but well worth it for me to help with the dust issue. The cab does get warm during the summer but nice in the winter. I use my 700-2 for deer hunting and very happy with it.

Ericseabaugh

Ericseabaugh

Lifetime Member
Jun 17, 2022
South Central Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5

YOU NEED TO GROW

No, this is NOT the first time I have been on the Internet. I just get tired of all the crap that some people post or reply.
Well Karen, first off I was not defending my decision of the "high ticket item" that I chose to buy. There are other fine machines out there, I am just a Honda powersports fan. Second, I never once criticizing anyone! I couldn't care less if you choose to by a damn go-cart and put a windshield and top on it, that's your choice not mine, but your still going to be dealing with the dust and dirt. Which is the whole point of everything that I said, if you can't handle the dirt maybe you shouldn't buy a off-road vehicle or buy a Northstar or Jeep or anything with a enclosed cab. Now if you can't see that not one thing I said was meant to criticize anyone, then maybe you should take your shallow self on over to the Polaris forums so you don't get but hurt over the rubber band comments found here, or better yet just stay off the damn internet all together! Now this, this was meant to criticize, but hey you asked for it!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!