swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have been trying to do a few things on this sight for a long time,but now I have to ask for help.
A lot of you guys post links to others threads that appear in red lettering. And all you need to do is click on it and it takes you to another link or to a build thread some did in the past.I have been trying to figure this out and keep failing. And others post "@swsebek"and it appears in red lettering and it notifies that person, or lets you know you have been mentioned.
My kids are tech savvy but I'm not and till this point I felt stupid asking since I have been on here so long, I should know this by now.
I don't mind helping new members find old threads about spare tire carriers, or just wheel topics or anything.I can find these old threads easily and would like to help them find them.
Any help is appreciated.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Thanks @DG Rider .

@swsebek, feel free to test here until we "learn you something". lol.

I'll try to add on some more. But, sometimes it is hard for me to simplify something that is second nature to me. I tend to forget not everyone knows what a URL is or where to find it. My mom reminds me of this every day almost.

Here is the URL for this page. Do you know how to copy and paste? If not we can go into that!
Code:
https://hondasxs.com/threads/how-to-post-links.13595/

The URL is at the top of the web browser. Here is an image. You will copy that and then just past it wherever you want it.
Ok, let me know your questions.

Link

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
@DG Rider
Titles are auto-selected from the title of the webpage. But sometimes you dont want that. if such the case you need to use the code bbcode.
Code:
[CODE]

Reactions: jinx
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Another option is to use the Permalink. This is good for when you need to link to a certain post in a thread. For example, Post #10 has good info. If you give the link above the user must scroll through to find the info. But if you use the Permalink they will go straight to post #10.

Here is how to do that.
Look at the bottom right of which every post you are on. For example. this is post #5.
Link2

Next, you will get a box like this.
Link3

Assuming you are on a windows computer. Click that link 3 times fairly fast, (click, click, click) it should high light in color.
Next, right click on the highlighted text.
Link4
Click COPY.

Now to wherever you want to put the link.
Right click again and hit PASTE.

Go ahead, Try it out in this thread. .

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
If you need more help, please dont be afraid to shoot me a message. I want to help you so you can help others.
Thanks.

Reactions: Mudder and swsebek
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
LOL...i should have expanded on what a URL was...

I took several web design classes back in the early 2010's, but its amazing how much of that I've forgotten.

@Hondasxs, your screenshots DID remind me to do something I've been meaning to do for a while, and thats exempt this site from my ad blocker. Done!

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
...at which point i realize that being a lifetime member probably excludes me from ads anyway...

Reactions: Hondasxs

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!