futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
No mods for hunting, really. But the P5 is excellent for two people to get into tight woods to retrieve a deer. My buddy and a neighbor took my buggy (instead of any of theirs) to get his doe recently.

IMG 7268

The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
I posted pictures of the Dusty Dawgs rack on the rack thread. My double compound case fits like a hand/glove on the top rack. I’m very pleased with it.

I’m realizing there’s few 50” ATV trails I’ll be using here in Montana, so going to get 1.5” spacers for a wider track.

Not directly hunting- but on a search and rescue training day in July- I had room to strap in a cooler with ice and bottled water for the team.

View attachment 217521

It’s related to hunting since we were familiarizing the team with the Black Butte area of the Gravelies range in SW Montana- where there were 4 griz maulings last archery elk season. We’re ready to go in at night to pull a hunter out.

View attachment 217522

I carry a 45 with buffalo bore 265 grain +P hardcast loads.... and a 12 gauge slug gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wouldn't be such a problem but for the stupid Humane Society and the damn activist judges. But by all means, keep ignoring the biologists who say the grizz have recovered and keep abusing the ESA for something it was never intended for. God they piss me off.

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
I bolted this to my rear rack, simple very robust, light, flexible and very strong.
EcoPolyBlend Spill Tray, 47
Used small aluminum angle in the corners for tie down (and bolted with U bolts to rack tubing). Size is perfect for my needs. Drilled a small hole in drivers rear corner and use a boat plug to seal. When it gets full of rain water, mud and keerap, pull plug and wash with hose.

Don’t have a great image of the tray, you can sorta see it on the rack, pretty much even with fenders width wise and sticks out the back mmmm guessing 4-5”? Have been very pleased with it thus far.

7D062649 07F5 4248 950A 3EC93163B023

O

oldfortyfive

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2015
Illinois
Ownership

1. 500
That should work well. I use a mortar mixing tub, smaller, but two of them slide side by side into the back of my truck. I just bungee it down on the rack when needed.

Reactions: J80
RRogers

RRogers

Feb 17, 2018
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
Response to milder thread, but noticed mention of dusty dawg rack. I got one and here is the setup for hunting. I got it for duck hunting and it’s ideal for that. I believe @bowhunterbill has one from his posts and his bow case fits perfect on top rack. Here is mine when I got it. I added 1.5 rear wheel spacers due to height and center of balance when loaded down. I highly recommend the rack. View attachment 199144

View attachment 199145View attachment 199147
Nice hunting rig
Are you still running your sway bar?

Reactions: J80
S

SouthernY8nkee

Jan 15, 2021
NC
Ownership

1. 500
I got my bed built. took 2 of the aluminum racks from harbor freight and chopped them up to make a longer one with molded space for my ammo cans and cooler. the ammo cans can also be locked if needed.

Bed1 Bed2 Bed3 Bed4

Raghorn

Raghorn

Aug 26, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
My P500 I picked up last year during hunting season. I got to use it to retrieve my buddy's oldest boy's buck. Excited to use it on my game this year.

PXL 20201023 161900883

I updated the back to a new set up for this upcoming season. Hope to have more pictures to share hauling out heavy loads of deer and elk.

20210411 173921

bowhunterbill

bowhunterbill

May 31, 2019
Bozeman, MT
I added an EMP windshield and roof, plus soft zip-closed doors. Need to get a rear soft plastic cover before the cold arrives. I’m wondering if the engine heat, which now I feel with the windshield/ roof will be ok for fall hints since I’m layered with my Kuiu hunting clothes.

I added a spare tire mount on the rear gate of the Dusty Dawgs rack, it still opens 90 degrees.

8f04e3f43679074871e9cb8e4145c303

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MtClimber500

MtClimber500

Supporting Member
Nov 21, 2020
Butte, Mt
Ownership

1. 500
Went riding down in Island Park last weekend. Was extremely dusty. We ate dirt all day. Windshields and doors made it worse.
More dust stuck to the inside of the windshield and doors than to the outside. Got so bad on the windshield inside that you couldn't see outside at times. A glass windshield would have been a plus because you can wipe it without scratching it.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!