P500 William's "hunting Buggy" Build

Figured I would post up my "hunting buggy" build.

So far I have,
26" tusk trilobites
Strongmade rear basket
Tusk inside led lights under roof
Honda plastic roof
Roll cage bag
Royal purple 75w140 gear oil
Honda synthetic engine oil
Big sky overhead gun rack
Super atv half windshield
Strongmade front and rear bumpers.

Image Image Image

Last edited:
M

Moose308

Jun 16, 2015
Figured I would post up my "hunting buggy" build. I have strongmade bumpers and a super atv half windshield coming in tomorrow or Tuesday.

So far I have,
26" tusk trilobites
Strongmade rear basket
Honda plastic roof
Roll cage bag

I will get picks of everything later today.

View attachment 10856
Nice touch.

Reactions: William
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Figured I would post up my "hunting buggy" build. I have strongmade bumpers and a super atv half windshield coming in tomorrow or Tuesday.

So far I have,
26" tusk trilobites
Strongmade rear basket
Honda plastic roof
Roll cage bag

I will get picks of everything later today.

View attachment 10856
Roll cage bag???

William

William

If you ain’t first, you’re last...
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Roll cage bag???
You can barely see it under the roof. I will post some good pics when I get home. It's the long bag that velcros around the rear top roll cage. Honda offers one too

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
You can barely see it under the roof. I will post some good pics when I get home. It's the long bag that velcros around the rear top roll cage. Honda offers one too
......BadAss....

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Now...go get it DIRTY

William

William

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Now...go get it DIRTY
It gets plenty dirty. I have had my p5 for about a year and a half just never posted a build thread. I love this machine!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
OH of course lol. I was thinking some sort of air bag for some odd reason.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
It gets plenty dirty. I have had my p5 for about a year and a half just never posted a build thread. I love this machine!
Me too, bought mine the month they rolled onto the dealers lot summer 2014. Never even started a build until my buddy bought one which came with a roof, front and rear arm guards, and then he added a winch, windshield, mirror and storage bag and there mine sat next to his, naked as the day I bought it. I'm building it now though.

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Yeah...love mine...I do alot of trail/desert riding

William

William

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just got my windshield in... Updated original post with pic. I'm surprised at the bad quality of the superatv windshield. Scratches and creases, and I had to dremel out the holes bigger so the mounts would fit in the windshield. It also is crooked at the top. I guess I should have went with the cheaper one on eBay. It's too much trouble to send it back so I will just live with it. It will get scratched and covered in mud anyway!

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Just got my windshield in... Updated original post with pic. I'm surprised at the bad quality of the superatv windshield. Scratches and creases, and I had to dremel out the holes bigger so the mounts would fit in the windshield. It also is crooked at the top. I guess I should have went with the cheaper one on eBay. It's too much trouble to send it back so I will just live with it. It will get scratched and covered in mud anyway!

Gotta go glass.....
they all scratch...

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Wow, I didn't have any of those issues with my superatv windshield. For what they cost, I think it is worth the trouble to send it back!

William

William

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Update... They weren't scratches. Just a film left from the protective plastic. Cleaned right off.

Reactions: Montecresto
William

William

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just fabbed up an emergency windshield out of a quad gear vinyl Yamaha rhino windshield. Just for hunting in case it rains. I will leave it rolled up under the hood or something. I didn't like the half windshield so I'm going to sell it. My line of sight on the half shield is right in the bend on top. The rhino windshield was too wide so I burned holes in the ends of the windshield with a soldering gun and folded it up to shorten it by about 5 inches. Then used bolts to hold it together. It will be great for pop up storms. I wouldn't use it everyday bc it's not great visual quality though. But awesome to have a quick release full windshield for 20 bucks!!!
I think I am going to make a holder for it out of 3" black pvc pipe and screw ends to roll it up in. And mount it to the cage.
Image Image Image Image

Last edited:
William

William

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Man I love this machine... Messed around this evening and removed all the warning labels and stickers. Cleaner look. I've decided if Honda redesigns the p500 with the rubicon transmission, power steering, better suspension, and a locker I'm going to buy one and keep mine. If not I'm going to get a p1000-5 or Yamaha wolverine 4 seater...

Last edited:
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Man I love this machine... Messed around this evening and removed all the warning labels and stickers. Cleaner look. I've decided if Honda redesigns the p500 with the rubicon transmission, power steering, better suspension, and a locker I'm going to buy one and keep mine. If not I'm going to get a p1000-5 or Yamaha wolverine 4 seater...

View attachment 11196
I like that idea. Even the one on the dash, passenger side??

Reactions: ARKLATEX
William

William

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I like that idea. Even the one on the dash, passenger side??
Yep just drill out the rivets and pull it off. You can fill the holes or put some type of plug in it, I didn't.

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!