P1000 I-4WD indication

Schmeg

Schmeg

Jan 9, 2020
Bangor Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just getting to know my new 2018 P1K3LE. Don’t have any trail miles on yet. Just bombing around the house with it. It was really slow to come out of turf mode, so I preformed the adjustment for that. Seems to be working better. It’s a little slow going into 2WD locked, but it does after 100ft or so. Buggy has literally 3 miles on it, so I’m sure things will get better. Problem is, when I-4WD is selected, the rear diff locks, and when I travel through a large patch of snow on my back lawn, I can see where front wheels are engaging and spinning, but there is no indication on the panel that I-4WD is engaged. I’ve done several left and right turns with no difference. I haven’t gone above 20mph yet, but the wheels are indeed spinning in snow. Is there anything I’m overlooking? Thanks, Jay

Reactions: Isaiah
BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just getting to know my new 2018 P1K3LE. Don’t have any trail miles on yet. Just bombing around the house with it. It was really slow to come out of turf mode, so I preformed the adjustment for that. Seems to be working better. It’s a little slow going into 2WD locked, but it does after 100ft or so. Buggy has literally 3 miles on it, so I’m sure things will get better. Problem is, when I-4WD is selected, the rear diff locks, and when I travel through a large patch of snow on my back lawn, I can see where front wheels are engaging and spinning, but there is no indication on the panel that I-4WD is engaged. I’ve done several left and right turns with no difference. I haven’t gone above 20mph yet, but the wheels are indeed spinning in snow. Is there anything I’m overlooking? Thanks, Jay
3 miles in 3 months ....... whoa! If it is just 3 months old check the dealership. I assume the I4wd has a dash indicator.

Schmeg

Schmeg

Jan 9, 2020
Bangor Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just bought the buggy last weekend. Been busy installing the winch. Yes, it has a dash indicator. I’m going to tackle the 2WD/4WD turf mode cable box again. My solution may be there. Dealer is 160 miles away. Hard to travel with a “stay at home” order.

Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
Republican from the wet side of Oregonifornia
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My LE when brand new would not illuminate the I4wd, 2wd, turf mode symbols immediately either until I adjusted the cables.
Adjustment can be super finicky by the way.
And reading your question, the rear is locked by design when you go into I4wd.
Patients when adjusting is key.
The cables will also stretch pretty quickly too.

Schmeg

Schmeg

Jan 9, 2020
Bangor Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This is what I was thinking. The first time I selected I4WD, it eventually came on the panel. The buggy was having a real hard time going back into turf mode, so I adjusted for that perhaps I need to get back in the box and do some minor tweaks. Thanks.

R

RyanG

Sep 20, 2019
NORTH BAY
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
There is a posted article on here somewhere with instructions on how to adjust all that. It can be abit finicky. I adjusted mine and now it kicks into each 2wd 4wd 4wd lock and turf with in seconds. All showing what its in on dash.

Reactions: TripleB
Schmeg

Schmeg

Jan 9, 2020
Bangor Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m discovering how finicky it really is. Also the reference lines are just that. For reference. The trick is adjusting so the rear cable has barely zero free play when turf mode isn’t selected. I’ve got turf/2WD lock set. Can’t test i4WD today. It’s pouring out.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!