P1000 I-4WD Light

D

dpayton

May 18, 2020
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I purchased a 1000-5 LE on Saturday and Sunday when I got home and unloaded it, was just driving it around trying to get a feel for the machine the I-4wd light came on and when i look it up in the manual it says to contact the dealer. Has anyone else had this issue?

Reactions: Isaiah
Landman

Landman

The Great Bearded One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 27, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Were you driving it in i4wd on pavement? Mine light has come on twice and both times, I'd come off a trail and hit pavement to go to another trail and when I changed to turf, the light came on. After shutting it down, it went away. @Pilgrim has an LE and had the light coming on right after he bought it... can't recall what it turned out to be.

Reactions: dpayton and Isaiah
Pilgrim

Pilgrim

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 25, 2018
Oklahoma City
Ownership

1. 1000-5
After many trips to the dealer mine turned out to be a speed sensor on one of the wheels...... they tried to tell me I has putting on the brake and has at the same time and all sorts of stuff..
my advice depending on the expertise of your dealer.. (mine is not that strong on Honda).... have them get a rep from Honda involved.....
you can learn thre times as much on this site as the average shop guy knows about P1k......
@Landman is correct...... you have to learn to adjust the cables yourself (I call it the flux capacitor ) behind the drivers seat....
once you get them right they seem to work fine but for me it was definite trial and error and not exactly like the book
the good thing about the I4wd is that most of the time it is shifting and doing everything correctly...it is just the sensors that are wrong
in my opinion the lights and indicators will drive you crazy..... but it is not something to worry about running to,the dealer about....

Pilgrim

Pilgrim

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 25, 2018
Oklahoma City
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sounds like you need cable adjustment..... does the indicator say turf? Or is it actually in turf?
my indicator often said one thing but another thing was happening......
@Tramguage1 is the king of cable adjustment...but he has been quiet lately.......

Reactions: TripleB
D

dpayton

May 18, 2020
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sounds like you need cable adjustment..... does the indicator say turf? Or is it actually in turf?
my indicator often said one thing but another thing was happening......
@Tramguage1 is the king of cable adjustment...but he has been quiet lately.......

thank you

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
If it's the dash light (orange color) I suspect a electrical issue in the I4wd system. If it the dash indicator is most likely the cable adjustments in the box behind the drivers seat.
I think when there is an anomaly in the I4wd system the computer puts on the dash lite. I would go over every electrical connection you can fine on the I4wd controller and differential connectors. This would be a great time to install some dielectric grease in all the wire connectors.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!