I am done with Rocky Mountain ATV/MC. They are the last supplier I will use.

Rick49274

Rick49274

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2021
Reading MI
Ownership

1. 700-4
Yesterday (Maybe Saturday) I made an order worth over a grand with RMATV. Today I spent over 20 minutes waiting for a Customer Service Representative on hold. All along this butt-eye comes on every 50 seconds to tell me to push star and they will call me back. The worst part was the phone rang before it gave you the stupid recording so I kept thinking FINALLY!. But darned if old Butt-eye didn't excite me half a dozen times before I caught on. I had things to be doing at the time and was going to be traveling and unable to take their call so I waited. I heard the recording repeat the same thing at least 22 times.

When I got to Customer Service where the poor person is getting slammed. I asked them my question and asked if they had a process or way to flag unhappy customers. I used to be part of the management team for a UPS phone center as I moved through our management rotation so I know the kind of abuse these people are taking when someone is on hold even 5 minutes and finally gets through. He said management listened to every call. If they do I made sure to repeat my name order # and phone number and told them to CALL!

If I don't hear from them they will become my absolutely last source for parts.

To me, they send a very clear signal. In an effort to maximize profits they are trying to make all orders and Customer Service issues online Vs. actually adequately hiring, and managing their operations. I expect these are likely low-paid employees who are left in a lurch and customers are obviously not a priority to RMATV. I know when and how to use a PC. Sometimes you need to speak with an actual human.

So when I called my order in at 5 pm Mountain time just before they closed operations yesterday or Saturday (I'm old, slow, and dumb as dirt. I can't remember what I had for lunch) and spoke with the original rep he was most excited and said I made his night. After my call today I suspect they are paid time plus commission. RMATV doesn't seem to care about their employees or their customers.

To be honest I haven't had a service experience that bad that I can remember. (That isn't saying much but if I had eaten something bad for lunch I would know exactly what it was and what was wrong with it)

I was in the service business for over 30 years and that was not service worthy of my money.

Last edited:
WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have bought a few things from them recently and never really had any issues. I ordered tires and wheels on the phone and they originally told me they was on back order for 1 month. They arrived in a few days but the tires were not in the rim like I had asked. I didn't complain since they arrived so quick.

dnjones161

dnjones161

May 30, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I recently had a poor experience with RM/ATV as well. Ordered a wheel that was supposed to be a factory replacement for my 1999 XR 400 (per their recommendation mind you). Wheel got in, was about an inch narrower than factory. They gave me a HASSSSLE returning it. Finally got the job done but I had to talk to 3 people, send photos and ultimately get kind of s***ty with them (listen, look at my account, i spend a s*** ton of money with you...are you really going to send me elsewhere over a 15 dollar shipping label?)

I just havent found a better source for parts. If you find someone you like, id love to hear about it.

Shame though- we've loved rocky mountain for years.

Rick49274

Rick49274

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2021
Reading MI
Ownership

1. 700-4
Yes, I had spent a bunch before the last order. It was for $1,060 so I am very disappointed. I had to hold for a while both times I called but nothing like today. I understand they are busy but that is just bad service.

Last edited:
Rick49274

Rick49274

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2021
Reading MI
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hello,
Read it 3 times.
Outside of being on hold at closing time... I still dont know what you are unhappy about.

I have use chat several times and had no issues getting my question answered after a bit of waiting my turn.
I stated my problem in the second sentence. This occurred today and was 11 AM mountain time.

Edit added - as I said I was getting ready to travel and since my phone center days I have used a headset so I can multi-task. I had no ability to chat or obviously I would have used the function. I don't wait over 5 minutes for anyone. This was an urgent question in my mind, trust me I'm not a chronic complainer.

Last edited:
Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I stated my problem in the second sentence. This occurred today and was 11 AM mountain time.
You waited 20 mins on hold.

During Covid.

Really?

I don’t know the vendor at all, but if they are like any other ATV aftermarket supplier, they are most likely a small shop with just a handful of employees in total.

If they are like other small businesses during Covid, they are either drowning in phone calls or are the other end and are closing doors....

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Yesterday (Maybe Saturday) I made an order worth over a grand with RMATV. Today I spent over 20 minutes waiting for a Customer Service Representative on hold. All along this butt-eye comes on every 50 seconds to tell me to push star and they will call me back. The worst part was the phone rang before it gave you the stupid recording so I kept thinking FINALLY!. But darned if old Butt-eye didn't excite me half a dozen times before I caught on. I had things to be doing at the time and was going to be traveling and unable to take their call so I waited. I heard the recording repeat the same thing at least 22 times.

When I got to Customer Service where the poor person is getting slammed. I asked them my question and asked if they had a process or way to flag unhappy customers. I used to be part of the management team for a UPS phone center as I moved through our management rotation so I know the kind of abuse these people are taking when someone is on hold even 5 minutes and finally gets through. He said management listened to every call. If they do I made sure to repeat my name order # and phone number and told them to CALL!

If I don't hear from them they will become my absolutely last source for parts.

To me, they send a very clear signal. In an effort to maximize profits they are trying to make all orders and Customer Service issues online Vs. actually adequately hiring, and managing their operations. I expect these are likely low-paid employees who are left in a lurch and customers are obviously not a priority to RMATV. I know when and how to use a PC. Sometimes you need to speak with an actual human.

So when I called my order in at 5 pm Mountain time just before they closed operations yesterday or Saturday (I'm old, slow, and dumb as dirt. I can't remember what I had for lunch) and spoke with the original rep he was most excited and said I made his night. After my call today I suspect they are paid time plus commission. RMATV doesn't seem to care about their employees or their customers.

To be honest I haven't had a service experience that bad that I can remember. (That isn't saying much but if I had eaten something bad for lunch I would know exactly what it was and what was wrong with it)

I was in the service business for over 30 years and that was not service worthy of my money.

I have used RMATV for over a decade but not exclusively. In literally dozens of orders that would total over $15k I can say never have been disappointed with their customer service. I have had only a few issues and all were resolved quickly by email or phone to my satisfaction.

I know last year during the height of COVID their shipping was delayed and phone calls were not as quick as before, but email support was and has always been excellent.

Sounds like you may have some unreasonable expectations.

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ve not had a bad experience with them, even when my shipment never showed because it was accidentally packed into someone elses, he called to let them know and they called me, I wasn’t at the point yet to worry I guess. They reshipped everything immediately.

Good luck finding a replacement source op if you can’t wait 20 mins on hold.

advertisement
Rick49274

Rick49274

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2021
Reading MI
Ownership

1. 700-4
Uh no they aren't a small supplier

During Covid.

Really?

I don’t know the vendor at all, but if they are like any other ATV aftermarket supplier, they are most likely a small shop with just a handful of employees in total.

If they are like other small businesses during Covid, they are either drowning in phone calls or are the other end and are closing doors....
Dunn and Bradstreet's models say they are a $40M in annual sales and fewer employees.

Dunn and Bradstreet have lower numbers for employees and revenues at RMATV but they are still substantial and a large market player.

Last edited:
Reactions: Biteme and Fischer
J80

J80

Lifetime Member
Dec 29, 2018
WNC
I like Rocky Mountain ATV and they have always been first class with me and I will continue to do business with them. Oh my bad I missed read the title of this thread and this is supposed to be a bash Rocky Mountain atv thread oh well

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hello,
Read it 3 times.
Outside of being on hold at closing time... I still dont know what you are unhappy about.

I have use chat several times and had no issues getting my question answered after a bit of waiting my turn.

During Covid.

Really?

I thought I was having a "moment" there.

I have nothing but great luck with RMATV. They are my 1st choice when I need stuff.

Rick49274

Rick49274

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2021
Reading MI
Ownership

1. 700-4
I like Rocky Mountain ATV and they have always been first class with me and I will continue to do business with them. Oh my bad I missed read the title of this thread and this is supposed to be a bash Rocky Mountain atv thread oh well
Not at all! I am not looking to Bash anyone on this thread. I simply relayed my experience and that I have a choice of vendors. I had been extremely pleased with RMATV up to this point. I must have because I have bought a crapload of their stuff.

If they contact me, which I will report back either way ( I sent them a link to the thread and an email requesting a management contact ).

Our service wasn't perfect but if it had been that bad as a Business Development manager I would have wanted to hear from them.

With all due respect, I have posted for slightly over a week (EDIT - my error I see I have posted for 3 weeks) and you don't know me from Adam.
Oh well

Last edited:
Rick49274

Rick49274

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2021
Reading MI
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have used RMATV for over a decade but not exclusively. In literally dozens of orders that would total over $15k I can say never have been disappointed with their customer service. I have had only a few issues and all were resolved quickly by email or phone to my satisfaction.

I know last year during the height of COVID their shipping was delayed and phone calls were not as quick as before, but email support was and has always been excellent.

Sounds like you may have some unreasonable expectations.
If you consider waiting on hold 20 minutes as reasonable that is certainly your prerogative. I don't.

Rick49274

Rick49274

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2021
Reading MI
Ownership

1. 700-4
I’ve not had a bad experience with them, even when my shipment never showed because it was accidentally packed into someone elses, he called to let them know and they called me, I wasn’t at the point yet to worry I guess. They reshipped everything immediately.

Good luck finding a replacement source op if you can’t wait 20 mins on hold.
No, I generally have a 5-minute limit. After that, I quietly go away. I have never had a problem with finding vendors to take my Money. No one supplier is the only game in town in retail or mail-order.

russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
20 minutes on hold is unacceptable, Covid or not, period. Everyone is blaming Covid. If you can't service your customers properly, close the doors and go home. If your people won't come to work, fire them and hire some more. I've been self employed since 1985. No one has EVER had to wait 20 minutes on hold when calling my business, and the day they have to, I'll close it and go home because I have failed. Fact of the matter is, corporations have become greedy. They intentionally understaff, especially in the CS part of the business. Banks have become some of the worst. Our home town bank was recently purchased by Vystar. Service was always stellar. Not anymore. It literally takes 15 - 20 minutes at the drive through now, and no more local CS. Have to call their call center for CS now. After waiting almost 30 minutes once, without ever speaking to someone, I hung up, never to call again. We are in the process of changing banks now to a small community bank one county away. It's that bad. RM ATV pissed me off a while back with their PITA return policy. I shop elsewhere when I can.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
If you consider waiting on hold 20 minutes as reasonable that is certainly your prerogative. I don't.
I see your from Michigan!
Have you had to deal with our States unemployment system? I would guess not cuz you would have had 5 strokes by now lmao. Ole Strechen Gretchen has it so Fuced up right now, when u call they warn you its a 2hr wait! And its every bit of it! Id gladly take the 20min you had to wait! Dont get me wrong, any wait time sucks balls! Just dont forget, there are others in worse situations right now! ;)

Last edited:
Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
Man, after 20 minutes of being on hold that new guy didn't stand a chance of making you happy. I hate being on hold when I'm in a hurry too but I'd say don't let one bad experience make you run to an internet forum to condemn them forever. Give them another chance and see how it goes.........

D

DDDonkey

Hold times suck, but that is the world we live in today, it does not matter who you call, you will be on hold. If you think 20 min is bad try calling the VA, it could be an 90 min just to get transferred and put on hold again.

RMATV is a pretty good source for OEM parts at a discount, could they do better in some areas, yes but there will always be someone upset.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!