I am done with Rocky Mountain ATV/MC. They are the last supplier I will use.

Rick49274

Rick49274

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2021
Reading MI
Ownership

1. 700-4
Man, after 20 minutes of being on hold that new guy didn't stand a chance of making you happy. I hate being on hold when I'm in a hurry too but I'd say don't let one bad experience make you run to an internet forum to condemn them forever. Give them another chance and see how it goes.........
I was very kind to the guy on the line.

As I said I have had an opportunity to manage a call center and know what they go through.

I always give a chance to make it right, I don't blame you for not reading the entire post as there is a lot of unnecessary crap on it now, but as I stated I sent them a note to corporate and my number with details and let them know I would report whether they responded or not. I also included the link to my post.

Rick49274

Rick49274

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2021
Reading MI
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hold times suck, but that is the world we live in today, it does not matter who you call, you will be on hold. If you think 20 min is bad try calling the VA, it could be an 90 min just to get transferred and put on hold again.

RMATV is a pretty good source for OEM parts at a discount, could they do better in some areas, yes but there will always be someone upset.
I hardly ever get upset. I got over that decades ago. I like RMATV and if they respond reasonably I will do business with them.

I also agree the Govt can screw up a wet dream I feel for anyone that has to work with the VA. You already served your country and now you get screwed over. I have friends and family that I have visited in VA Hospitals. Their lack of service to our Vets is disturbing, to say the least.

Last edited:
P

Pgsull1

Lifetime Member
Dec 5, 2020
Nicholasville, KY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I recently ordered some tires from them for my Honda Rubicon and they sent 3 that were correct and 1 that was a 14 inch instead of a 12 inch. Luckily i live about 25 mins from them so was able to drive over and get is swapped out, in fact found out they will mount there for a fee!

I had same experience with long wait as i call them on way to make sure they had the right one in stock, about 10 mins on hold to get thru.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Wish more companies would provide the call back option. Lessen some frustrating conversations for the seller and purchaser. Understand its often an overworked call taker not responsible for the delay.

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I see your from Michigan!
Have you had to deal with our States unemployment system? I would guess not cuz you would have had 5 strokes by now lmao. Ole Strechen Gretchen has it so Fuced up right now, when u call they warn you its a 2hr wait! And its every bit of it! Id gladly take the 20min you had to wait! Dont get me wrong, any wait time sucks balls! Just dont forget, there are others in worse situations right now! ;)
Social Security is bad too!

advertisement
Blownzuki

Blownzuki

Truth detector of the NTC.
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2020
Northern Indiana
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I hardly ever get upset. I got over that decades ago. I like RMATV and if they respond reasonably I will do business with them.

I also agree the Govt can screw up a wet dream I feel for anyone that has to work with the VA. You already served your country and now you get screwed over. I have friends and family that I have visited in VA Hospitals. Their lack of service to our Vets is disturbing, to say the least.
I couldn’t agree more. We owe our veterans so much!

Rick49274

Rick49274

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2021
Reading MI
Ownership

1. 700-4
I see your from Michigan!
Have you had to deal with our States unemployment system? I would guess not cuz you would have had 5 strokes by now lmao. Ole Strechen Gretchen has it so Fuced up right now, when u call they warn you its a 2hr wait! And its every bit of it! Id gladly take the 20min you had to wait! Dont get me wrong, any wait time sucks balls! Just dont forget, there are others in worse situations right now! ;)
You make a good point.

Rick49274

Rick49274

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2021
Reading MI
Ownership

1. 700-4
I've had several orders screwed up over the last year from companies I've bought from forever. These days you're lucky you got it at all. Supplies are low and prices are high.
As for fire them and hire someone else...there ain't no one else.
I haven't got the tires and wheels but I have bought a boatload from them and it has always gone like clockwork. Other than the tires and wheels I never used their customer service so it had all went smoothly.
I believe there are people that will work, you just have to pay them right and treat them right. I don't know how much they pay their people but no one stays long at a job where you have angry customers and MIA management. The phone rep couldn't have been nicer, so there is no need to fire anyone. They are maximizing profit by trying to keep everything online, part of the reason there are fewer jobs are companies using technology to eliminate jobs.

I have no doubt they will get the product to me. Returning my email is what I am interested in. If they don't respond that tells me all I need to know.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I haven't got the tires and wheels but I have bought a boatload from them and it has always gone like clockwork. Other than the tires and wheels I never used their customer service so it had all went smoothly.
I believe there are people that will work, you just have to pay them right and treat them right. I don't know how much they pay their people but no one stays long at a job where you have angry customers and MIA management. The phone rep couldn't have been nicer, so there is no need to fire anyone. They are maximizing profit by trying to keep everything online, part of the reason there are fewer jobs are companies using technology to eliminate jobs.

I have no doubt they will get the product to me. Returning my email is what I am interested in. If they don't respond that tells me all I need to know.
In this Covid era, we have customers that have committed to have work done, I tell them from the get go, we'll be waiting on materials, they call every day, I never return there calls until I have materials in hand and give them a date to start there project. If I returned there calls, I wouldn't get any thing done, except spreading lies from my suppliers and there's. Overnight HA! Take a chill pill and mellow out! You'll live longer.

Reactions: CID and Rick49274
Rick49274

Rick49274

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2021
Reading MI
Ownership

1. 700-4
In this Covid era, we have customers that have committed to have work done, I tell them from the get go, we'll be waiting on materials, they call every day, I never return there calls until I have materials in hand and give them a date to start there project. If I returned there calls, I wouldn't get any thing done, except spreading lies from my suppliers and there's. Overnight HA! Take a chill pill and mellow out! You'll live longer.
I'm pretty chill but they somehow changed my machine profile so it looked like a model for a different year that I had just ordered and wanted to try to catch any errors before they shipped.

I understand the issues as I waited a month for Honda to fill the orders for a roof and windshield. After they rolled delivery dates to late May I had them go ahead and make delivery. Someday I'll be able to afford a decent trailer.

As far as bad service I just go away.

Reactions: russknight
Robertb52

Robertb52

Feb 13, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 500
I say RMATV is only doing what everyone else is doing...using cheap call center labor overseas. Quite frankly, I am so sick of it. I can’t get my Sams credit card fixed because of this. Similar incident; on hold forever and when I finally spoke to someone, in broken English, they lied to me. Called the next day, same long hold and I swear I got the same broken English gal, who then put me on an endless hold. No music, no nothing. As I watched the minutes on my phone go by; I gave up.

As for the lie, they said they deactivated my card because they sent me new cards; and showed a purchased was made on a particular date at a store a block down from where we live. The purchase was mine, made by my wife (grocery store), with her old credit card—not some new credit card.

But Sams is just one of many other examples I am sure we can all share on here. True customer service is a thing of the past. The philosophy of gaining customer loyalty through service is long gone. RMATV doesn’t need your business just like Sams doesn’t need mine; they know they can say f-u to you while looking at you right in the eye and that you will still eventually come back because they have what you desire. I used to use the same philosophy as you on the start of this post...threaten to never buy from them again...but sadly, you will. Not today or tomorrow, but maybe next year or the year after.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I say RMATV is only doing what everyone else is doing...using cheap call center labor overseas. Quite frankly, I am so sick of it. I can’t get my Sams credit card fixed because of this. Similar incident; on hold forever and when I finally spoke to someone, in broken English, they lied to me. Called the next day, same long hold and I swear I got the same broken English gal, who then put me on an endless hold. No music, no nothing. As I watched the minutes on my phone go by; I gave up.

As for the lie, they said they deactivated my card because they sent me new cards; and showed a purchased was made on a particular date at a store a block down from where we live. The purchase was mine, made by my wife (grocery store), with her old credit card—not some new credit card.

But Sams is just one of many other examples I am sure we can all share on here. True customer service is a thing of the past. The philosophy of gaining customer loyalty through service is long gone. RMATV doesn’t need your business just like Sams doesn’t need mine; they know they can say f-u to you while looking at you right in the eye and that you will still eventually come back because they have what you desire. I used to use the same philosophy as you on the start of this post...threaten to never buy from them again...but sadly, you will. Not today or tomorrow, but maybe next year or the year after.
^Wise words

Reactions: J80 and Rick49274
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!