I am in the club

mirage100

mirage100

Lifetime Member
Apr 17, 2021
Idaho
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I picked up my new Talon yesterday. Time to hit the trails. Is there some info on how to reprogram the Computer? Or maybe I should not do that?

C14A12DC 7772 428C 9569 821901B06572

mirage100

mirage100

Lifetime Member
Apr 17, 2021
Idaho
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Something about the speed limiter and performance issues. I don't know . Just reading stuff on the interweb.

Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I had a 2 seat talon and now a 4 seater. I have never messed with computer.
If you feel that you must have more HP you could look into it. Just do your research on who's tune you use. Some have better reputation's than others.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had a 2 seat talon and now a 4 seater. I have never messed with computer.
If you feel that you must have more HP you could look into it. Just do your research on who's tune you use. Some have better reputation's than others.
I highly recommend the COPS tune. They are an excellent company to work with and are very prompt at answering any questions you may have!

-said no honest review ever. 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yep. That’s what I was getting at. Lol.
Yeah I suspected so. The only people I’ve seen on here talk positively about the cops tune is the jackasses involved with it. I don’t think I’ve seen a single customer (or potential customer) say something good about it or them.

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Don't waste your money on a tuner. At your altitude, a tuner will do almost nothing and getting a 4 seater to go more than 74 MPH is fruitless.

If you drop to sea level, then a tuner will give you a few (maybe 5 if you are lucky) HP and maybe a couple MPH. If you put larger/heavier tires, you will not even reach the stock speed limiter.

There are 2 great (unbiased) YouTube vids comparing the 4 available tunes. One vid is actual dyno results and the other is 0 to 60. In my opinion, the very minimal gains per dollar spent is pathetic and that is at sea level. Above sea level, the gains diminish.

Spend that money on something that you will not regret.

advertisement
Enigma

Enigma

East Tennessee Mudder
Lifetime Member
Mar 22, 2020
Rocky Top
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Go to the Dirt'N'Diesel web site. He has a great review of ECM tuner options and costs. He is DDDonkey address on this HondaSXS. Great guy with a lot of great information.

Reactions: TripleB

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!