AMink

AMink

Supporting Member
Jun 6, 2023
Reno, NV
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R LV
I tried searching but came up empty. In 2wd my Talon has a rattle/vibration/noise that seems to be coming from the front somewhere. In 4wd it goes away. Under throttle it keeps getting faster as speed increases. I checked u joints on both ends of the shaft feom the sub trans to the front diff. They felt tight and I put some JB Weld on them to keep them from backing out. I didn't have access to a welder. Looking for thoughts/suggestions from the pros.

AMink

AMink

Supporting Member
Jun 6, 2023
Reno, NV
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R LV
Nevermind, I found the threads that address what I'm hearing. When I get home and get the Talon cleaned up from my extended Labor Day weekend (stuck at a dry lake that isn't dry) I'll check everything again.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Nevermind, I found the threads that address what I'm hearing. When I get home and get the Talon cleaned up from my extended Labor Day weekend (stuck at a dry lake that isn't dry) I'll check everything again.
We'll be curious to hear what you find. The u-joint caps are definitely a known weak point.

mmuchow

mmuchow

Feb 20, 2021
Pittsburgh
Ownership

1. Talon X
The difference in noise/chatter between the oem driveshaft and SATV Driveshaft is noticeable, SATV is much quieter... I also inspected my oem driveshaft after removing it and it didn't have much play in the ujoints but there was some/enough to make the noise/chatter at higher speeds under load

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!