Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
I was out riding around my place today and noticed something. I was stunned to put it nicely. Deer season is over and it wasn't there 3 days ago. I like hunting a lot but if it ain't worth mounting I don't kill it. This is about as low life as you can get. They must have got scared and didn't finish their saw job. Maybe 80 yards from my house. They local coyote have been working on him.
20190127 124611
20190127 124626

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I was out riding around my place today and noticed something. I was stunned to put it nicely. Deer season is over and it wasn't there 3 days ago. I like hunting a lot but if it ain't worth mounting I don't kill it. This is about as low life as you can get. They must have got scared and didn't finish their saw job. Maybe 80 yards from my house. They local coyote have been working on him.View attachment 104652 View attachment 104653
Sadly, i can. There is some real scum out running around.

Reactions: sharp and Backwoods
alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
About 30 years ago, I along with my brother in law came up on a nice deer dead and while cutting one of the antlers off he cut himself and we had to stop.... I have no idea what happened in this situation but if someone killed it to just to "saw" the antlers off is absolutely horrible and hope they get caught but would like to hope/think it may be a better situation....

Reactions: Plumber32 and sharp
Backwoods

Backwoods

Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have a lot of deer here because there is a little over 1300 acres behind my house it is owned by one person. He doesn't let people hunt it but sometimes they sneak in . My pasture always has deer in or around it so they will try to shoot them because their easy pickings. I will occasionally catch somebody . This was maybe a 2.5 year old small eight pointer. I have twice been woke up at night by a boom. Once they took off with out their doe. The other time they were quick got their deer before I could get there just a little blood and hair where it happened.

Last edited:
Reactions: sharp
Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That’s pretty low. It’s easy to follow the rules but apparently some people just can’t conform.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was out riding around my place today and noticed something. I was stunned to put it nicely. Deer season is over and it wasn't there 3 days ago. I like hunting a lot but if it ain't worth mounting I don't kill it. This is about as low life as you can get. They must have got scared and didn't finish their saw job. Maybe 80 yards from my house. They local coyote have been working on him.View attachment 104652 View attachment 104653
I don't think this is the work of a poacher. maybe someone throwing out scraps

NitroxDiver

NitroxDiver

Dec 22, 2016
Concord NC
Ownership

1. 500
Are you sure the antler was cut off? In the picture it looks it may have just fell off ( I’m looking on my phone so forgive me if there are obvious saw marks). It may be the coyotes got him.

alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
I have a lot of deer here because there is a little over 1300 acres behind my house it is owned by one person. He doesn't let people hunt it but sometimes they sneak in . My pasture always has deer in or around it so they will try to shoot them because their easy pickings. I will occasionally catch somebody . This was maybe a 2.5 year old small eight pointer. I have twice been woke up at night by a boom. Once they took off with out their doe. The other time they were quick got their deer before I could get there just a little blood and hair where it happened.
You may consider contacting the game warden service there and explain the situation and reasonably sure they would investigate and/or set something up to catch these folks...

Reactions: Backwoods and sharp
Backwoods

Backwoods

Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
I will look at antler again closer but somebody would have to go through a lot of trouble to get there with him.

blackpearl

blackpearl

Jul 24, 2018
Boston, Massachusetts
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hard to excuse that. I used to hunt whitetail deer in NH and ME, and there were so many occasions where I silently watched these magnificent animals pass by, either because they were does in buck-only season, or because there was no clean kill shot. It is encumbent on those who do it right to either educate--or prosecute--those who don't. Each generation of hunter in America should be better than the last. Often it is the simple understanding that "it matters what you do when no one is looking." Same goes for off-roading--or anything in life, really. Shame on the perpetrators... They're probably the same people who throw beer cans out the window and leave bags of trash on the roadside at night. Take the high road (preferably in a Honda Pioneer!].

Reactions: Backwoods
Backwoods

Backwoods

Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
I really enjoy hunting , I see a lot I hunt my family's hay fields but I don't kill many at all I am more of a wallhanger person now. I have killed enough when I was younger and haven't shot a doe in years. But they were all legal.

Reactions: Tuco69
Tuco69

Tuco69

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2017
Middle Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I really enjoy hunting , I see a lot I hunt my family's hay fields but I don't kill many at all I am more of a wallhanger person now. I have killed enough when I was younger and haven't shot a doe in years. But they were all legal.
Backwoods I’m like you, 30-40 years ago I definitely didn’t see as many deer as I see now. Unusual I don’t see deer during a morning an evening hunt. I too haven’t taken a doe in years. Not as much a challenge to take something, I wait for those I would mount whether or not I do. Hunted the same property since ‘78........

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Maybe they got sick and couldn't finish

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!