Indiana SxS

Indiana SxS

Jan 2, 2019
Madison Indiana
indianasxs.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
Well, finally something stopped working on the Talon before it stopped working on the rzr. The battery went 👋 after just over a year, go figure only has a 1 year warranty. After researching there’s not a lot out there. I ended up ultimately going with the a lithium Antigravity battery. It has a built in jump.
So if you were to kill the battery it goes into sleep mode. When you hit the restart button it’s good for a few starts or charges back up and good to go. I like that idea. The last thing that amazes me is it weighs less then 5 pounds, the stock is 15 pounds.

Last thing to raise attention to 3 year warranty.

LINK --> https://amzn.to/3nivXsf

7A532EDB 8015 40E0 9E69 4DFF8C1788B7

0841D4FE 4B93 44ED B8AD 09400569F533

02D39CF2 B716 4ABD 9D9C 1F16EFD027F3

Last edited by a moderator:
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I'm not an expert at all on this.
But the Lithium has a lot of bennifits I think these machines can bennifit from.

So, its been a concern with the solenoids that they need to keep 12+ volts to maintain hold.
A lithium battery has a higher holding range. Usually in the 13.6 volt range.
So even if you pull power, I think it will stay above 12v at all times.
Also, unlike a led acid, the drain rate is totally different.
A lithium will hold 13+V as it drains until its dead, while a led acid goes down in voltage as it drains.
However, this would make it harder to know when a LI is dead until the moment its dead.

Indiana SxS

Indiana SxS

Jan 2, 2019
Madison Indiana
indianasxs.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
But the Lithium has a lot of bennifits I think these machines can bennifit from.

So, its been a concern with the solenoids that they need to keep 12+ volts to maintain hold.
A lithium will hold 13+V as it drains until its dead, while a led acid goes down in voltage as it drains.
However, this would make it harder to know when a LI is dead until the moment its dead.

View attachment 362612
Thanks, lots of good information there. These restarts may be a little bit different as if they get down to a certain level the battery memory module puts it into sleep mode. So potentially you may know when the battery is ready to be replaced and still be able to start it with the restart button vs being stranded at that point. I guess I’ll find out with time. I was going to stick with AGM until I keept seeing all of the benefits of lithium like you mention. They say lithium aren’t as good when the core of the battery is below freezing but are still fine. But if you think on it all batteries don’t like the cold.

Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4

View attachment 362612
Thanks. Planning on putting the dual battery setup in this winter and deciding which battery to use.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
A couple of years ago, a member on a motorcycle site started testing all the lithium batteries he could find. He was very good at it and had tons of expensive equipment for testing. One thing stood out - Antigravity and Earth X were better than all of their competition. The other thing was lithium‘s dislike of cold temperatures.

That was just over 2 years ago and I’m sure there are new players now but those two are the ones I’d be buying.

Being a #oleguy, I’m not ready to make the leap, Yuasa has been good to me for a looooong time, so -

Indiana SxS

Indiana SxS

Jan 2, 2019
Madison Indiana
indianasxs.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
Thanks. Planning on putting the dual battery setup in this winter and deciding which battery to use.
You may find you don’t need dual batteries. I have a 40” rigid light bar, stereo, whips, rock lights, heated seats, bazooka fans on each seat, air horn, two way radio, and a warn winch and I’ve never ran dual. My rzr all the same except 30 inch light bar. I would think you would only need dual if running subwoofers.
A5C25D10 6C34 404A B342 62BE6672EBA7DA7FA0FA 5BC1 44C4 BE8E 5CF48A90FC15861E7B4A 4752 4BE3 9354 8284C180DA121E17DE11 1980 4549 9C2E 45DB30B01E305D345398 8FBD 46A1 BFE9 70DEB7F249E155BE85D8 01AE 4761 9A3B 203B67037E407F54A649 4970 4E3B 88E3 40B37BF8C6116091DCDD F7E3 4637 85D8 2181B4BBC54817402760 B913 4DAF B66A 2E6F4BFD2E59890BF34E 9CB7 4783 84DC 9C26A420A67E

Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4
You may find you don’t need dual batteries. I have a 40” rigid light bar, stereo, whips, rock lights, heated seats, bazooka fans on each seat, air horn, two way radio, and a warn winch and I’ve never ran dual. My rzr all the same except 30 inch light bar. I would think you would only need dual if running subwoofers.
View attachment 362618View attachment 362619View attachment 362620View attachment 362621View attachment 362622View attachment 362623View attachment 362624View attachment 362625View attachment 362627View attachment 362628
I have ran with one for the last 3 years. I have had to jump twice after sitting a while with soundbar and whips on. I'd rather go dual and not have to worry about it not starting.

Jankyeye

Jankyeye

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2021
Tampa, Fl.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Biggest down side to LiFePo batteries in RVs is they can not be charged in sustained cold weather. Unless you are riding in sub freezing weather you should be happy with it.

Indiana SxS

Indiana SxS

Jan 2, 2019
Madison Indiana
indianasxs.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
I have ran with one for the last 3 years. I have had to jump twice after sitting a while with soundbar and whips on. I'd rather go dual and not have to worry about it not starting.
Never had that happen, although with this battery all you would have to do his hit the restart button and it would start backup. No jumping.

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
I've saw quiet a few race cars in their trailers burn down from lipo batteries in the past year. I know a lot of the electric RC guys keep their batteries in fireproof boxes. I had 2 Shorai lipo batteries die 4 months apart in my motorcycle. They didnt have any low voltage shutoff and low voltage will kill them. They also dont like regular chargers or tenders, need ones made for lipo batteries.

Indiana SxS

Indiana SxS

Jan 2, 2019
Madison Indiana
indianasxs.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
I've saw quite a few race cars in their trailers burn down from lipo batteries in the past year. I know a lot of the electric RC guys keep their batteries in fireproof boxes. I had 2 Shorai lipo batteries die 4 months apart in my motorcycle. They didnt have any low voltage shutoff and low voltage will kill them. They also dont like regular chargers or tenders, need ones made for lipo batteries.
Yes, I thought about that as well. Per antigravity their battery management module won’t allow the low voltage as it puts it to sleep at 11 volts and won’t allow the battery to get to the state of a fire. Here is what they say:

With any energy dense battery there is a potential for fire to occur. But the facts are that there are circumstances that create the issues where the battery can go into what is called Thermal Runaway. Properly manufactured Lithium Batteries are safe. But certain circumstances should be avoided and proper care and maintenance of a lithium battery is vital to help avoid this condition.

Our most recent batteries – the RE-START line of products – have a complete Battery Management System (BMS) that offers the protections needed inside the battery so it cannot get to a point of Thermal Runaway.

Over-Discharge or Over-Charge are the most common causes of damage to lithium batteries;

Discharging them below 11 volts. (Only applicable to non-Restart batteries.)

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes, I thought about that as well. Per antigravity their battery management module won’t allow the low voltage as it puts it to sleep at 11 volts and won’t allow the battery to get to the state of a fire. Here is what they say:

With any energy dense battery there is a potential for fire to occur. But the facts are that there are circumstances that create the issues where the battery can go into what is called Thermal Runaway. Properly manufactured Lithium Batteries are safe. But certain circumstances should be avoided and proper care and maintenance of a lithium battery is vital to help avoid this condition.

Our most recent batteries – the RE-START line of products – have a complete Battery Management System (BMS) that offers the protections needed inside the battery so it cannot get to a point of Thermal Runaway.

Over-Discharge or Over-Charge are the most common causes of damage to lithium batteries;

Discharging them below 11 volts. (Only applicable to non-Restart batteries.)
They don’t take kindly to physical abuse either. Getting a battery tray with a lipo in it smacked with a stick or similar is a fire risk as well. Granted I wouldn’t recommend smacking a lead acid battery either but it wouldn’t burst into flames like Lipo’s do.

I wouldn’t hesitate to run a lipo myself. Just need to be aware there is a much bigger fire risk with them. Not sure I’d use a jump box on one because of that.

Indiana SxS

Indiana SxS

Jan 2, 2019
Madison Indiana
indianasxs.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
They don’t take kindly to physical abuse either. Getting a battery tray with a lipo in it smacked with a stick or similar is a fire risk as well. Granted I wouldn’t recommend smacking a lead acid battery either but it wouldn’t burst into flames like Lipo’s do.

I wouldn’t hesitate to run a lipo myself. Just need to be aware there is a much bigger fire risk with them. Not sure I’d use a jump box on one because of that.
Makes sense. Thanks for the feedback.

So I should get insurance now?

J/K

Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I've looked into lithium and I want try one when the time comes but it's still up in the air. For the cold part, you may not need a battery tender as much as you need a battery heater pad. Your not suppose to charge any battery when it gets so cold. As for fire, you'll need a special fire extinguisher to put out a lithuim fire. Also, warn winch company suggest that you don't use a lithium battery. I read this but couldn't find any definition as to why.

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
We are running an Antigravity ATX20 in one of our Talons right now. So far so good. I like it for all the points @Hondasxs pointed out. The other thing I am kind of checking with the lithium is whether it will help with all operations as the output volts will be better/more consistent (power steering, etc.). But after using one for a little, and I did use the restart already, I am going to be buy Antigravity for our other Talons. In the cold I "wake it up" a bit by turning my lights on for a sec before starting it. With the whole cold thing, I feel like the battery will be above freezing in 10 mins or so from the engine heat its sitting on top of...and if it's colder than that...well I'm going home!! 🤣

Indiana SxS

Indiana SxS

Jan 2, 2019
Madison Indiana
indianasxs.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
We are running an Antigravity ATX20 in one of our Talons right now. So far so good. I like it for all the points @Hondasxs pointed out. The other thing I am kind of checking with the lithium is whether it will help with all operations as the output volts will be better/more consistent (power steering, etc.). But after using one for a little, and I did use the restart already, I am going to be buy Antigravity for our other Talons. In the cold I "wake it up" a bit by turning my lights on for a sec before starting it. With the whole cold thing, I feel like the battery will be above freezing in 10 mins or so from the engine heat its sitting on top of...and if it's colder than that...well I'm going home!! 🤣
Good points and feedback. The battery has BMS to protect and once you have the battery core at 32 it will start charging and antigravity says if the battery is correctly fitted it should be fine starting in the cold and like you said you can turn on the lights to warm the battery up. I was on the fence on going lithium and figured I’d try it since literally everything is lithium on everything else. Cellphones, Tesla’s, tablets, airplanes etc. only time will tell all I can speak of is quoted from antigravity not actual use.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!