BOX1

I decided to go with a lithium battery.

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
Good points and feedback. The battery has BMS to protect and once you have the battery core at 32 it will start charging and antigravity says if the battery is correctly fitted it should be fine starting in the cold and like you said you can turn on the lights to warm the battery up. I was on the fence on going lithium and figured I’d try it since literally everything is lithium on everything else. Cellphones, Tesla’s, tablets, airplanes etc. only time will tell all I can speak of is quoted from antigravity not actual use.
The other thing, that you may already know, is I would get a lithium specific battery charger/tender. I bought a ctec that works well!

Indiana SxS

Indiana SxS

Jan 2, 2019
Madison Indiana
indianasxs.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
The other thing, that you may already know, is I would get a lithium specific battery charger/tender. I bought a ctec that works well!
Thanks, I saw they had suggested ones for the battery on the site. I haven’t bought one yet as I’m going to see if I need to. My machine has a gauge built in on the dash and every so often I’ll turn the key and see where the voltage is at if I haven’t went riding in awhile.

Last edited:
Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
When I mention a battery heater pad it was because of the loss of cranking amps when the battery is cold. Freezing weather drains your battery power by 30-60%. Your battery naturally recharges as you drive—but you must first face the challenge of getting it started. A heater pad would benefit and any type of battery and I have read where lithium dislike the cold even more than an AMG or Lead Acid battery. I guess a heater pad would also allow the battery to take charge if you used a battery tender at night when below freezing. I can see where both would be a benefit. If you made a lot of short trips in the winter and it was below freezing for a week or two how would you charge your battery. I don't know enough about them. Would turning on your lights at 0 degrees create enough heat to allow the battery to charge. I really don't know enough about how they perfrom in cold weather. I hope they work out because they're suppose to last way long and supply more constant power then the batteries we use now. Please report back with cold weather stats.

Indiana SxS

Indiana SxS

Jan 2, 2019
Madison Indiana
indianasxs.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
When I mention a battery heater pad it was because of the loss of cranking amps when the battery is cold. Freezing weather drains your battery power by 30-60%. Your battery naturally recharges as you drive—but you must first face the challenge of getting it started. A heater pad would benefit and any type of battery and I have read where lithium dislike the cold even more than an AMG or Lead Acid battery. I guess a heater pad would also allow the battery to take charge if you used a battery tender at night when below freezing. I can see where both would be a benefit. If you made a lot of short trips in the winter and it was below freezing for a week or two how would you charge your battery. I don't know enough about them. Would turning on your lights at 0 degrees create enough heat to allow the battery to charge. I really don't know enough about how they perfrom in cold weather. I hope they work out because they're suppose to last way long and supply more constant power then the batteries we use now. Please report back with cold weather stats.
I will report with real life soon enough. Antigravity states that you can turn the lights on if need be to start but not guaranteed you will have to. They also state that it will start charging at 32 once the core of the battery is at the temperature from power flowing through it.

Lil_Steve

Lil_Steve

May 22, 2019
Gilbert, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon R
Coupon code bf20 is good for 20% off powersport batteries from Antigravity. In the case of the ATX-20 Re-start battery that's $64 off the retail price of $319.99. I believe today is the last day the coupon code is valid.

Indiana SxS

Indiana SxS

Jan 2, 2019
Madison Indiana
indianasxs.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
I guess while I’m here I’ll give everyone an update. The battery has been awesome so far. No issues starting in the cold or the battery charging itself when the temp is below freezing. Also, it’s holding a charge without using a trickle charger as well. It’s around 12.9 to 13 every time I’ve thought to check it after it’s set a few days to a week. Will update everyone again at a later time.
313A942A 1B2A 470A B556 4C6EA7D553BD

Indiana SxS

Indiana SxS

Jan 2, 2019
Madison Indiana
indianasxs.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
I just bought an AntiGravity as well, unfortunately my Talon sets for a month or so at a time so I will get some feedback on longer term storage. I still have the stock battery from 2019 so I am felling lucky about that.
Nice, let us know. Mine normally doesn’t go a month without a start. Maybe 2 weeks. But I can say these lithiums do retain at a much higher charge level which is nice for the electronics.

Smittyp

Smittyp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Dec 3, 2020
Morgan co. Tennessee
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R LV
Not finding anything online, got a link?
I think this is what you are looking for

Seadonist

Seadonist

Feb 8, 2021
New Orleans
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well, finally something stopped working on the Talon before it stopped working on the rzr. The battery went after just over a year, go figure only has a 1 year warranty. After researching there’s not a lot out there. I ended up ultimately going with the a lithium Antigravity battery. It has a built in jump.
So if you were to kill the battery it goes into sleep mode. When you hit the restart button it’s good for a few starts or charges back up and good to go. I like that idea. The last thing that amazes me is it weighs less then 5 pounds, the stock is 15 pounds.

Last thing to raise attention to 3 year warranty.

View attachment 362607
View attachment 362608
View attachment 362610

I went with the same setup a little over a year ago and have had zero issues with it in my Pioneer 1000-5. At the time, a lot of people were unsure of adding a lithium battery to the stock battery and advised against it but the advantages of lithium were attractive so I went that route. Like I said, zero issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!