CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I wonder if automatic True battery disconnect did not allow my AUX battery to help the primary battery bc AUX had low voltage too.
It doesn't work that way. Once the cranking battery's voltage drops, the isolator goes open, dropping the aux from the circuit. I don't think the isolator can carry cranking amps.
I don't have dual batteries but I think from what I've read that if the primary battery needs charging the isolator will send all charging to it and not the Aux battery. I'm not sure the Aux battery will help you with starting unless it was wired parallel. You'll have to wait on one these guys with dual batteries to chime in.
You would be correct. 👍

Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I will report with real life soon enough. Antigravity states that you can turn the lights on if need be to start but not guaranteed you will have to. They also state that it will start charging at 32 once the core of the battery is at the temperature from power flowing through it.
I'm not doubting you or the battery company. But what I'd like to know is at what temperatures the battery will warm to 32F to charge. In other words, If it was -15F, how long would you have to operate the charging system before the batteries core was at 32F? I like numbers and you know they'd had to test this and have these spec's.

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don't have dual batteries but I think from what I've read that if the primary battery needs charging the isolator will send all charging to it and not the Aux battery. I'm not sure the Aux battery will help you with starting unless it was wired parallel. You'll have to wait on one these guys with dual batteries to chime in.
Yes correct, I think I'd rather go with manual switch and dual lithium

Reactions: Smitty335
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!