P500 I had a minor crash, need advice about bumper

Youlookutvish

Youlookutvish

Sep 25, 2019
Ontario
Ownership

1. 500
Hello,

Today I lost control going around a corner and smoked a tree pretty good. I have broken my bumper and damaged my plow mount. I have the following questions and would appreciate any input.

Can I repair this bumper? I can get it to a welder (its torn on the side ) but how will I bend it back in to place etc...

If I replace the bumper, what models are compatible with a front mount warn plow and warn winch?

I should have no issues bending the forks from the plow back but do you have any tips?

Lastly, should I be inspecting other parts for damage considering the attached photos?

IMG 20200412 113056
IMG 20200412 113111

• Wow
Reactions: 500oneer
906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
The bumper is toast. They can be had all day, I have one sitting in the garage now. The plow bracket took a hit but probably saved other stuff from getting bashed. I'd use a torch, heat, bang, pry and torque it back to straight.
This ^^^^

Replace the bumper, it's not worth messing with. I'd pull the plow bracket, stick it in a vise and heat with a torch to straighten. If you don't have access to torches find a welder or auto repair shop and have them straighten it out. Clean it up and repaint when done.

S

Splorin

Oct 14, 2018
Maine
Ownership

1. 500
Decent 'minor' hit. Once all the damaged pieces are off inspect closely. If it was still tracking correctly on the ride home your probably fine. Winch mount adds rigidity to the front which may have helped. Was more curious if you were wearing seatbelts and whether they actually worked at whatever speed you were going???

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Decent 'minor' hit. Once all the damaged pieces are off inspect closely. If it was still tracking correctly on the ride home your probably fine. Winch mount adds rigidity to the front which may have helped. Was more curious if you were wearing seatbelts and whether they actually worked at whatever speed you were going???

Crashed mine 2 yrs ago, hit a large rock hidden under the water at Drummond Island. We weren't going very fast but brought us to an abrupt stop. The seatbelts kept us in place but things in the cab were flying all over the place, box popped open, definitely an oh sh** moment! It crunched my bash plate pretty good and wasted the plow bracket. Good thing it was on there though or I suspect the damage would've been much worse. ;)

Crash

ShotgunClay

ShotgunClay

Mar 13, 2018
Founders Ranch New Mexico
Ownership

1. 500
I got my 2017 with 170 miles on it, and the bumper plate had a big dent in it down low. There were also some pieces of windshield mounting hardware still on the cage, but no wind shield. I asked why the owner had brought it in, and they said "health reasons". Took it off and beat on it, and it mostly returned to the original profile.

Reactions: rtn001
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Hello,

Today I lost control going around a corner and smoked a tree pretty good. I have broken my bumper and damaged my plow mount. I have the following questions and would appreciate any input.

Can I repair this bumper? I can get it to a welder (its torn on the side ) but how will I bend it back in to place etc...

If I replace the bumper, what models are compatible with a front mount warn plow and warn winch?

I should have no issues bending the forks from the plow back but do you have any tips?

Lastly, should I be inspecting other parts for damage considering the attached photos?

View attachment 196551View attachment 196552
View attachment 196555
Always seems to be some A holes around when I even have the slightest mishap on club rides that have to take pictures, I have a bad rap! They always blame it on alcohol, so was there any alcohol involved? HA!

advertisement
ShotgunClay

ShotgunClay

Mar 13, 2018
Founders Ranch New Mexico
Ownership

1. 500
Always seems to be some A holes around when I even have the slightest mishap on club rides that have to take pictures, I have a bad rap! They always blame it on alcohol, so was there any alcohol involved? HA!

I want "There was alcohol involved" on my tombstone.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!