Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
The price you pay for having young adult children still learning to drive in the snow.

She's OK, so that's all I really care about.

1706632997867 1706633041031

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
The price you pay for having young adult children still learning to drive in the snow.

She's OK, so that's all I really care about.

View attachment 416765 View attachment 416766
Alot of that stuff out here today.
This will get my ass in a sling, but imagine if this wet ice stuff was in the south! Can only imagine The accidents with folks that rarely drive in it! 🫣
I know my cousins in KY looked like they were on roller skates when they dared to venture out in this stuff when they got it

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Yeah I heard just a dusting to the north. I'm in Port Huron, it's like Traverse City and never ends here. :rolleyes:
We still have 12” or so at the cabin, but no fresh snow for the trails. There beat up and alot of Snirt!
(For those of you In Reo Linda thats a combo of snow and dirt)

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Sorry to see the result, but they are okay? Hopefully yes. Modern cars abs trucks are very safe and it can be repaired or replaced..... Their health is much more precious.

Sent from my motorola edge plus 2023 using Tapatalk
Actually, those traction assist, abs stuff is no good in these conditions, in fact cause more harm than good in most cases cuz you loose the fact of good ole having control of your car. Most people that I know shut them off in this crap. Just cant turn off abs tho. I do, and every time in get in my service van 10times a day or Id be stuck on a curb or ditch if I relied on that lol.

@Scoop glad your daughter is ok too!
Forgot to mention that in my first post.

TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Actually, those traction assist, abs stuff is no good in these conditions, in fact cause more harm than good in most cases cuz you loose the fact of good ole having control of your car. Most people that I know shut them off in this crap. I do, and every time in get in my service van 10times a day or Id be stuck on a curb or ditch if I relied on that lol.

@Scoop glad your daughter is ok too!
Forgot to mention that in my first post.
I was mainly thinking of the protection of the occupants, like the air bags, the energy absorbing and dissapating features, that came out of racing that lets people walk away from accidents that may have been fatal years ago.

Like the comedian said... Those American cars in the 50's and 60's were made out of real American steel. You have a wreck in those, the car looked fine, but after you bounced around inside and were killed, they just hosed off the dashboard and resold it.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Sorry to see the result, but they are okay? Hopefully yes. Modern cars abs trucks are very safe and it can be repaired or replaced..... Their health is much more precious.

Yes, sir, she is fine Thanks!

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I knew that. What I don’t know is where tf is Reo Linda!
Ahhh…. Would explain why I have no idea
As @CID said lol.
Its an old saying from El Rushbo the great MaHa Rushy Rush Limbaugh would say when the folk like @CID said, when he said something that the Libs or Layman wouldnt understand he would use that phrase with an explanation lol.
You should see the looks on my lib customers faces when I would say it🤣

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Alot of that stuff out here today.
This will get my ass in a sling, but imagine if this wet ice stuff was in the south! Can only imagine The accidents with folks that rarely drive in it! 🫣
I know my cousins in KY looked like they were on roller skates when they dared to venture out in this stuff when they got it
View attachment 416767
I think I can one up ya, was in Portland Oregon for work last year when 6" of snow hit, imagine no plows, no salt, no experienced drivers (in my mind) and no rule of law when it came to stop signs, red lights and speed limits........basically bumper cars on purpose, pulled over in a lot, called Delta for a flight out the next day since no way I wanted to make the airport and couldn't. 7 hours waiting for the chaos to clear, never saw one emergency vehicle, cop, fire truck, tow truck....... interesting.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Sorry about you car. I think kids should have something like bumper cars to learn in.
It's been a good car for her - a 2014 Chevy Malibu LTZ. It became "her car" when she turned 16. It's lasted 5+ years since then, despite needing a few repairs here and there (a new transmission @ 75K miles, 1 car/deer accident, minor bumps and bruises, hubs & rotors & brakes all the way around, new tires, a headlamp assembly replacement, and normal maintenance). It's got like 145K on it now. If it makes it through this semester and then her senior year @ MSU, I'll be plenty satisfied.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!