Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That thing is covered inside and out! I thought the fenders provided better coverage than that. Looks like flares of some sort will be necessary?
I thought the same thing - then I thought those guys rode those talon and left nothing uncovered... meaning they were not pussyfooting around and I liked seeing that.

H

HondaTech

Glad to see they made the oil fill higher and easier to access. It appears they add a hose to lengthen it, which will make it a pain to fill without a good sealing funnel.

Those RZR guys are just mad they bought a pile of junk and didn't wait for the Talon. I keep telling everyone it's gonna blow your mind. 104Hp doesn't seem like much, but look what a P1K does with only 72HP.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
But proof I did see it finally up close

2d3a7a892db09e9160a4d2140d1a08b0

C

Chooglin

I ran into one as well today. An X and an R. I may have left aa calling card on the inside drivers roof of the X. Hopefully @Chooglin can confirm it made it thru the night tomorrow.
Here are some pics of the trunk, with brochures as reference, the dip sticks, coil locations, ease of access for air filter

@Neohio your sticker was gone but I slapped another one on the R !
20190127 122318

As far as the Talon goes , I want one badly. Going to wait at least a year though. Very comfortable and plenty of leg room in this machine...........the whole machine is just impressive!

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Neohio....
As far as the Talon goes , I want one badly. Going to wait at least a year though. Very comfortable and plenty of leg room in this machine...........the whole machine is just impressive!

I am giving the R the hairy eyeball, by all appearances yes! I can’t wait till someone has one I can spend more than 30secs sitting with the motor off though.

1Ron

Dec 18, 2018
Rockies
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Glad to see they made the oil fill higher and easier to access. It appears they add a hose to lengthen it, which will make it a pain to fill without a good sealing funnel.

Those RZR guys are just mad they bought a pile of junk and didn't wait for the Talon. I keep telling everyone it's gonna blow your mind. 104Hp doesn't seem like much, but look what a P1K does with only 72HP.

The 104 will be a lot more HP at the tires than the RZR 110 going through the CVT. As I recall that’s about mid 60’s. If not cold then for sure when the CVT gets dirty and hot.
I haven’t seen anything that will keep me from selling my RZR XP1K and getting the Talon. It’s not perfect and ergonomics, seating position are still a factor. I will miss the ride Command tracking and maps on those rides in a new area, but there’s always a tablet. Hoping 32’s and the gearing will work out. That’s about 16% taller than the 28’s. My wife’s car has a DC and paddles so looking forward to that and no clutch maintenance every ride or two.

H

HondaTech

The 104 will be a lot more HP at the tires than the RZR 110 going through the CVT. As I recall that’s about mid 60’s. If not cold then for sure when the CVT gets dirty and hot.
I haven’t seen anything that will keep me from selling my RZR XP1K and getting the Talon. It’s not perfect and ergonomics, seating position are still a factor. I will miss the ride Command tracking and maps on those rides in a new area, but there’s always a tablet. Hoping 32’s and the gearing will work out. That’s about 16% taller than the 28’s. My wife’s car has a DC and paddles so looking forward to that and no clutch maintenance every ride or two.

Finally and honest opinion from a RZR owner, most just balk at the lesser powered Talon and cant understand why anyone would want i-4WD.

1Ron

Dec 18, 2018
Rockies
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Well let’s not go overboard with the i4wd comments!

I agree the RZR with EPS steers very well with the front lockers and you know you have traction up front. In most situations the brake function should be adequate but that remains to be seen IMO. Our Audi uses a similar method for torque vectoring and it is seamless. Rock crawling will be the test for me.

RideRed85

RideRed85

Jan 23, 2019
WV
Ownership

1. Talon X
The Rzr XP1K has an awesome sounding exhaust note. The Talon sounds pretty good from the in-cabin videos I've seen. Looking forward to hearing one run in person.

Reactions: sharp
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!