Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
We all know how this works. Bad experience tell 200 people. Great experience tell only 1!

With all the commotion around the Friday shift assembly issue, I want to here your positive adventure stories.

So. If you own a Pioneer 1000 and you love it please post and let us know. The 1000 is a awesome machine and it's not fair the over exploited problem of a few tell the story of the rest.

Thanks.

Props to @sharp for the thread idea. Lol.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Please. Let's not discuss issues here.
Tell me why you love your Pioneer 1000?

Last edited:
chadbo

chadbo

Mama tried
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2015
Seminary , Ms
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We all know how this works. Bad experience tell 200 people. Great experience tell only 1!

With all the commotion around the Friday shift assembly issue, I want to here your positive adventure stories.

So. If you own a Pioneer 1000 and you love it please post and let us know. The 1000 is a awesome machine and it's not fair the over exploited problem of a few tell the story of the rest.

Thanks.

Have been loving it... Not much hard riding yet mostly taking my 2 little girls joy riding around some thinned pine trails around the house. Low really already seems low but like I said nothing tough yet. I'm new to any SxS coming from a 06 rincon and prolly a learning curve on driving but seat time will fix that

Reactions: Hondasxs
ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
The more I drive - the more I love it.
It goes places I never thought I would take a machine and does more things (utility wise) than most other can.
It's the perfect balance for me. Lots of fun to drive, make heavy jobs easy.
Cant wait for hunting season - my camp is gonna be so jealous :)

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I love my P1K because it has exceeded every expectation I had regarding engine performance, suspension performance, handling, ride quality, and quiet operation.

CashMoney

CashMoney

Feb 5, 2016
Reno, NV
www.SRTNV.com
Aside from it needed better front shocks (and maybe a sway bar) I love that thing. We've gone out with 5 big buddies (all 200# plus) and beat the piss out of it and it never licked a beat. Did amazing rock crawling. It's a comfortable ride too. Easy to get in and out of. Power steering also has impressed me for a machine so heavy.

Tot

Tot

Lifetime Member
Dec 14, 2015
Des Arc, Arkansas
I'm loving mine! have 51 miles so far and haven't had it a week yet, but Its WAY easier getting in and out the the Commander I had. Love the transmission more once it got broke in some. We have a Gator on the farm that my grandfather bought a couple years ago and the seats in the P1k are way better and it handles way better than the Gator. Ready to get a trailer behind it and see how it pulls, and a load in the bed.

Deltamud

Deltamud

Lifetime Member
Dec 3, 2015
Florence, MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My pioneer is sweeter than mothers milk. I've owned since mid NOV with no problems to date other than the varmints liked the taste of one wire. I love the smooth ride and unbelievably quiet operation compared to the other UTV's on the market. I've represented a global HVAC equipment company for 25 years and I know first hand if it's mechanical and man made you will have problems. HONDA is the only way to go for years of reliability. As many others on this forum I've owned them all but none at the end of the day stands up to a HONDA!!!!!

245 miles and going strong.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Took the wife for her first official ride in it. I took her on a pretty nasty trail. It never ceases to amaze me how this thing digs and climbs. I've got a thread on here titled "snuck in a ride" or something like that. Anyways, there's a pic of some nasty, knee high rocks with water running down them. The ones on the left are straight up. When we got to them I stuck it in front diff lock and it crawled straight up them. No momentum or trick driving, just crawling. I'm gonna name it Gruff from the Billy goat Gruff story I heard as a kid. Cause they do climb like a goat. Still zero problems.

Bubbalel

Bubbalel

Nov 29, 2015
Mine does a real good job. I'm coming from a Rhino that I liked a lot. This thing is much better. We even have gators (825i) around the farm and it shows them up also. Good power, power steering, smooth transmission (shifts like the tractors) quiet, comfortable...

Reactions: CashMoney
Tot

Tot

Lifetime Member
Dec 14, 2015
Des Arc, Arkansas
Mine does a real good job. I'm coming from a Rhino that I liked a lot. This thing is much better. We even have gators (825i) around the farm and it shows them up also. Good power, power steering, smooth transmission (shifts like the tractors) quiet, comfortable...
We have an 825i Gator on our farm that my grandfather bought and I love my Pioneer way better! Seats are more comfortable too!

J

JOHNDEEREMAN

May 7, 2016
NEVADA
i like the manual mode on transmission specially on long down hills you can pick the gear and how much hold back you want i have had no trouble with the 1000-5 deluxe compared to other sxs ive had 3500 miles and counting tires are 2/3 worn out bighorns do ride good compared to other tires ive owned any susgestions on tire that wears a little better and ride as good as bighorns

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I love mine and have no regrets getting rid of my 900 xp. The quality is top notch! And I like that the p1k is just different than the other sxs's. It gets lots of looks at offroad events and if I stop to go to the consession stand I don't have to pick through all the polaris to find it! The engine is very strong and the engine breaking is great going down the steep grades in tennessee.

D

Digger

Jan 7, 2016
I've really enjoyed my deluxe.. I now have about 200 miles on it.The family likes it and I can't wait for huntin season.

Reactions: DTAGG
ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
I posted earlier but I realize now the most important reason I like this machine is because I feel confident it will get me home at the end of the day. I'll go deep into the bush by myself - or just with a passenger so I cant have a machine that has a tendency to not function at times. I did alot of research before I bought this and the clear winner for reliability is still Honda. There is one thread on this forum that raised my eyebrows for a while but now I'm confident to continue with my upgrades that I have been stalling on.

If I could pick any machine on the market to take on a 500 mile hunting trip - it would be the one I'm driving now.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I love nearly everything about it. Drives great dependable quiet smooth and sexy as hell. Love the gears the paddles engine brakes the sport mode. Love not having electronic shift that only locks when back tires spin. 4x4 is amazing. It's a big fat awkward eight legged mountain goat of a beast that keeps grabbing. Goes everywhere. Ive taken it in and out of stuff I've never done before. I've gone where I wouldn't take a rzr. A couple hills a had to get a running start or not go up in my 700(that was my baby) I can now stop in the middle to let one of the four passengers stumble out to pee. Bad ass! Transmission knows where you want it. Absolutely a blast to have full of family and friends on a Friday night up in the woods trying to get lost with a cooler and great toons lit up like noon in the desert. This vehicle brings even more togetherness in my family. It's amazing what you can sneak up on with this when everything is off, animals galore. Use to never happen on "other" rigs. Other then a fuse blowing because it was underrated(admittedly my fault) nothing ever. We've been as far as 60 miles from camp at 2am and no one has EVER RAISED CONCERNS! You can't buy that kind of trust-oh wait we all just did! The only thing I ever look at is the gas gauge(34 miles out one time flashing) always gets us back. I totally trust it as I did the 700-4. Hand ****ing down the best rig for me out there. I bought "the" Honda I wanted! If there's a sxs out there for double I wouldn't trade it. I'd spend double if had to on this after owning it. I didn't buy it for any one reason I bought it for them all. LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT.

Last edited:
D

Deanb

Mar 26, 2016
Stonyplain

Thanks.

I bought a pioneer 1000 5 seater sold a 2014 commander 1000xt my wife and I really enjoy the Honda so far

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Recently discovered they pop wheelies. Love it even more lol. 57+ hours and still problem free.

Reactions: Tot

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!