P1000 2022 Honda 1000 20 hours

J

johnstanleyho

May 29, 2022
Valencia CA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Bought a 2022 Honda Pioneer 1000 mid May 2022 from dealer in Paso Robles who sold at manufacturers retail with no surcharges typical of SoCal dealers.
Mine was a green 3 seater Deluxe and it came in in mid May as the dealer promised, The dealer California Custom, Mike Garret saved me tax by registering as farm vehicle in that vineland area 4,5%! I recommend him highly although he is a 2 man show and always busy since he also sells farm equipment.
I brought it to Las Barriles area in South Cape of Baja Sur where there is a about a 3 mile strech of sugar sand where boats are launched for the outstanding Sea of Cortez fishing here. Also the arroyos are perfect for ATV's that are rented by the scores for tourist and resort revellers. The Pioneer 1000 is unique down here as Mexico does not have a quota alloted to them yet for Pioneer 1000's. Most are privately owned as mine and most are 5 seaters, Mine has performed great in the sand and on the rutted, tope filled roads, running near cows, mules, goats and horses and passing through sand and rock and up rutted arroyos with deep veins from recent heavy rains. Its the primary mode of transport here and every restaurant has a bunch of them hanging about. You see alot of retired men and women tooling about on the ATV's and UTV's. They float over the terrain here and every household seems to have at least one.
I am bringing it in for service at the biggest rental shop with full service, CanDo Rentals. They seem to know their business. While not a warranty station, I trust with regular maitanance and an eye on her she will be just fine down here. Glad to have her, 3 adults across the front seat is enough for me. Any more and visitors can rent their own. Yes the Pioneer is made for this place. I am glad to have it. It is like having a World War II army jeep with all the modern amenities like auto shift, power steering, super torque and responsive brakes, great suspension and some storage and reliability,
Feel pretty lucky and to be living in a relative paradise with great inexpensive food. Cheers!

R

rudyeng

Oct 27, 2018
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thanks for posting. The 22 is a awesome SXS. Once you add a roof and windshield you will probably want to install an under seat cooling fan. It will help with the cabin heat.

Best of luck !

Rudy

D

duratime

Jan 26, 2022
Monterey,CA
Ownership

1. 700-2

2. 1000-5
I almost reached out to that guy on a Pioneer he had, but the name (California Customs) and kind of led me to go a different direction (also 45 miles further away from where I got mine). Glad to know that he is a legit guy. I'll keep him in mind for future.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!