I Need a Front Frame Section for a 700 Pioneer

A

Aerosparx

Aug 16, 2017
Cadillac, MI
Ownership

1. 700-2
What I have is a 2016 700 Pioneer with a Boss 6' Snow Plow. What I also have is a John Deere 1025R tractor. Although the snow plow works fine with the Pioneer the tractor would be more suitable for the plow.

So, what I would like to do is use the plow with the tractor. In order to do that I obviously need to adapt the Pioneer mounting to the John Deere and swap over the electrical and the hydraulics. Rather than starting the fabrication process from scratch I thought the best approach would be to use a section of Pioneer frame from around the front wheels forward that already is configured for the snow plow mounting hardware and go from there.

The problem is I don't have a section of Pioneer frame laying around and haven't had any luck finding anything in my area . . . or anything for that matter. I surely don't want to cut up a new or good used frame. Ideally, I would like to find a salvageable frame that has the front end intact ( or just the front frame section itself ) that would be a perfect candidate for a starting point in the swap.

If anybody has a frame candidate or a line on a salvage yard that might have what I need I sure would appreciate the feedback. Right now I'm in Northern Michigan but am frequently in the Detroit area.

2016 Pioneer with Blade

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Welcome fellow Michigander even though youve been a member since 17’ this is your first post so welcome 😂

Nice rig! And a huge undertaking your doing. Is that plow for a UTV?

A

Aerosparx

Aug 16, 2017
Cadillac, MI
Ownership

1. 700-2
The plow is more or less a Boss generic 72" plow that is UTV mountable. The Boss setup utilizes there specific mounting skid plate along with frame attachment brackets and all mounting fasteners and hardware for the Pioneer.

The plow is fully hydraulic with up down, left and right pitch all through a hand held corded controller.

Boss has any number of mounting kits for different UTVs.

Geez, that sounded like a sales pitch. Full disclosure: I do not have any involvement with Boss. I am super pleased with how the plow operates though.

Buckshot07

Buckshot07

Dec 31, 2020
PA
Ownership

1. 700-4
What I have is a 2016 700 Pioneer with a Boss 6' Snow Plow. What I also have is a John Deere 1025R tractor. Although the snow plow works fine with the Pioneer the tractor would be more suitable for the plow.

So, what I would like to do is use the plow with the tractor. In order to do that I obviously need to adapt the Pioneer mounting to the John Deere and swap over the electrical and the hydraulics. Rather than starting the fabrication process from scratch I thought the best approach would be to use a section of Pioneer frame from around the front wheels forward that already is configured for the snow plow mounting hardware and go from there.

The problem is I don't have a section of Pioneer frame laying around and haven't had any luck finding anything in my area . . . or anything for that matter. I surely don't want to cut up a new or good used frame. Ideally, I would like to find a salvageable frame that has the front end intact ( or just the front frame section itself ) that would be a perfect candidate for a starting point in the swap.

If anybody has a frame candidate or a line on a salvage yard that might have what I need I sure would appreciate the feedback. Right now I'm in Northern Michigan but am frequently in the Detroit area.

View attachment 358517
I don’t want to discourage your plans but I think after doing a ton of fab work you will be unhappy.
I have a John Deere factory 72” snow plow that I bought at the time I bought my 2016 2025R tractor.
I removed the loader and mounted the snow plow for one season….and I don’t plan on ever putting it back on.
My tractor and your smaller 1025R are too light in the front end to plow snow any direction but straight.
Angling the plow just threw the front of the tractor as soon as you hit anything deep.

If you have a loader on the tractor, get or fab up some bucket skids for the loader bucket.

A

Aerosparx

Aug 16, 2017
Cadillac, MI
Ownership

1. 700-2
Thanks for the input. My original thought was to get a pair of edge tamers for the bucket.

Then I figured that with the Fork Lift attachment it would give me the opportunity to fab up bracketry in order to swap over the plow to the 1025R. I had not considered the added extension leverage of the plow addition and the light front end of the 1025R in regards to the effects of angling the plow.

Sounds like edge tamers for the bucket are in order and keeping the plow on the Pioneer. That combination gives me the best of both worlds: push the snow as well as move it if it ends up piled too much in one location . . . seems like there is never enough room to push the snow into a pile that is out of the way for the whole winter.

Reactions: Smitty335
Buckshot07

Buckshot07

Dec 31, 2020
PA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thanks for the input. My original thought was to get a pair of edge tamers for the bucket.

Then I figured that with the Fork Lift attachment it would give me the opportunity to fab up bracketry in order to swap over the plow to the 1025R. I had not considered the added extension leverage of the plow addition and the light front end of the 1025R in regards to the effects of angling the plow.

Sounds like edge tamers for the bucket are in order and keeping the plow on the Pioneer. That combination gives me the best of both worlds: push the snow as well as move it if it ends up piled too much in one location . . . seems like there is never enough room to push the snow into a pile that is out of the way for the whole winter.
That is your best option.
I fabricated some taller bucket skids due to my driveway being stone.
Set the angle of your bucket and put the loader in float.

4E699816 6F24 439A B173 5337C7D0082B

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!