P1000 I this Air Filter ok to run with under dash snorkel??

Tbowman053

Tbowman053

Dec 18, 2016
Henderson, MD
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Screenshot 20170212 215535
20170213 121837
Heres some pics. Also when I took the air box cover off as you can see theres 6 relays there. Are they ok to be open like that? Id imagine they wont see water there anywhere just curious if you guys leave the box off. If I cut a hole in the box ill have to buy another box for warranty purposes and don't think ill be able to get the hood on with how I have it setup right now

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 34125 View attachment 34126 Heres some pics. Also when I took the air box cover off as you can see theres 6 relays there. Are they ok to be open like that? Id imagine they wont see water there anywhere just curious if you guys leave the box off. If I cut a hole in the box ill have to buy another box for warranty purposes and don't think ill be able to get the hood on with how I have it setup right now
The filter is fine. You might want to cut the black cover part that goes over the relays off and put it over them. A new cover is cheap. I wouldn't want to get the relays wet. Water can get on them from wash, riding in the rain, or trailering in the rain.

J

JTW

The filter is fine. You might want to cut the black cover part that goes over the relays off and put it over them. A new cover is cheap. I wouldn't want to get the relays wet. Water can get on them from wash, riding in the rain, or trailering in the rain.
That's what I did.. and I haven't had any issue with the dual filter setup

Tbowman053

Tbowman053

Dec 18, 2016
Henderson, MD
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I think I may just cut it and play dumb or hope for the best if I ever need to take it in. Unless you can find a part # for me? Ive had no luck searching for a new air filter cover.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Ridem32

Ridem32

Apr 28, 2016
Terry
Yes I blocked it off. Air only enters from the PVC pipe under the hood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ended up just cutting it I didn't wanna lose the hood support and relay cover
View attachment 34160
I'd be concerned about water and tire splash coming up the fire wall with the filter sitting under the hood like that. There's a direct path under the dash from the front tires on both sides right into the firewall and under the hood.

J

JTW

I'd be concerned about water and tire splash coming up the fire wall with the filter sitting under the hood like that. There's a direct path under the dash from the front tires on both sides right into the firewall and under the hood.
I'm going to cut some aluminum to fit the wheel wells for protection and cover that those holes.

Tbowman053

Tbowman053

Dec 18, 2016
Henderson, MD
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yeah no one else seems to have that issue though so we'll see.

B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I pointed that out a while back and everyone just said "oh it's always dry and clean back there.

Well I taped a napkin to that little bar in there when we went to the cabin. Guess what. It was wet. I'm 90% sure it's from those funnels and hitting water fast.... Maybe I'll mount my action cam inside there to see what happens.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!