I4WD and ABS Pump Delete?

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Im using my Talon as a short course race car and have no need for the massive ABS pump bolted to the RF shock tower or the I4WD option. Open front diff and no I4WD/ABS will be perfectly fine for my intended purpose.

Does anyone know If the I4WD can be turned off in the computer, and the pump removed? If so, how or who do I get in touch with?

Honda should offer a base model R without the I4WD/ABS crap for the people that want to race these things. Save the whiz bang gizmos for the X models and give me a bare bones R with launch control and fully adjustable shocks and id be all over it. :cool:

Reactions: BWAF and TripleB
Sheetmetalfab

Sheetmetalfab

Liberal kryptonite. truth and logic….
Lifetime Member
Jul 21, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Talon X4
Im using my Talon as a short course race car and have no need for the massive ABS pump bolted to the RF shock tower or the I4WD option. Open front diff and no I4WD/ABS will be perfectly fine for my intended purpose.

Does anyone know If the I4WD can be turned off in the computer, and the pump removed? If so, how or who do I get in touch with?

Honda should offer a base model R without the I4WD/ABS crap for the people that want to race these things. Save the whiz bang gizmos for the X models and give me a bare bones R with launch control and fully adjustable shocks and id be all over it. :cool:
Just buy a 5 port brake line manifold and go for it.

if anyone needs a new i4wd module you should get good money for yours. (Msrp is 1350 or so)

Last edited:
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
What happens if you remove the i4wd fuse?
Any side effects?

Reactions: BWAF
SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
What happens if you remove the i4wd fuse?
Any side effects?

I have no idea, never thought to try that. My Talon is apart at the moment getting the chassis painted. I probably won't have it back together and running again for a few weeks. Can someone else try and report back?

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Just buy a 5 port brake line manifold and go for it.

I'd actually like to set it up like a regular system. Plumb the two front lines together and run a single line to the appropriate port on the master cylinder, same in the rear, except id install an adjustable proportion valve to be able to dial in brake bias for racing purposes.

Reactions: BWAF

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!