i4x4 bypass switch ideas?

Sandsurfer

Sandsurfer

Feb 23, 2022
NM
Ownership

1. Talon X
I have taken some interest in installing the i4x4 bypass on my non live valve talon. I don't have a bunch of add on electronics and therefore I don't have aftermarket switches. The bypass requires an switch obviously to activate which got me to thinking. Since I have a blank button where launch mode would be, could I just buy the oem launch mode button/switch and wire the bypass to it?

If that would work, then it would really keep a neat factory stock appearance.

Reactions: JenElio and BWAF
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I have taken some interest in installing the i4x4 bypass on my non live valve talon. I don't have a bunch of add on electronics and therefore I don't have aftermarket switches. The bypass requires an switch obviously to activate which got me to thinking. Since I have a blank button where launch mode would be, could I just buy the oem launch mode button/switch and wire the bypass to it?

If that would work, then it would really keep a neat factory stock appearance.
Good question but Im thinking not cuz of the spade connectors on the factory switch. They might even be a molex connector. Youll play like hell trying to figure out witch one is the trigger and then some for the switch. Your better off just getting a carling switch of your liking (The club store has these also) and wire it up to that and install it in that blank spot

Sandsurfer

Sandsurfer

Feb 23, 2022
NM
Ownership

1. Talon X
Thanks guys. Well it was an idea but option number 2 was to buy an auxbeam switch panel for it. The auxbeam panel looks to be a clean setup without having to permanently modify anything.

Reactions: Remington
sspeederr

sspeederr

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 10, 2020
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
Thanks guys. Well it was an idea but option number 2 was to buy an auxbeam switch panel for it. The auxbeam panel looks to be a clean setup without having to permanently modify anything.
Hey I make the insert for the location beside headlight to accept standard rocker switch lmk if that would help you

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I have just finished up testing a redesigned i4wd override.
This one allows the i4wd button to function along with the override button with no backfeed.
That means the computer will NOT know the override is on. With other units it will flash 2x4/4x4 confused.
As the same, i4wd will still function correctly if it is ON as well.

It can be hooked to a Auxbeam (or similar) unit or with a switch.
If you plan to install in the launch mode spot you will need our adaptor plate for it to fit correctly.

I have mine on the Auxbeam.
The Auxbeam is a cool setup and saves so much space common switches would have taken up.

Sandsurfer

Sandsurfer

Feb 23, 2022
NM
Ownership

1. Talon X
@Hondasxs will version 2 of your bypass harness be available soon?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
@Hondasxs will version 2 of your bypass harness be available soon?
I can make one now. I'll shoot you a message.
It will be considered a custom model as I am still trying to figure out best method for final design.
All functions the same, just might look different then the final.

Reactions: Remington
100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!