P700 Ice Auger Rack?

VTbarn1

VTbarn1

Nov 9, 2020
Vermont
Ownership

1. 700-2
Part of the reason I'm buying a 700-2 is to use for ice fishing Lake Champlain but I'm struggling trying to find a way to secure one or two augers in the bed. It has to be convenient and not block the rear of the bed so I can use that for other equipment. I'm thinking a two-round bar rack going from bed rail to bed rail that I can attach clamps and holders to. But I'm not finding anything commercially made. Maybe it's because of the silly little angled ramp on the rail top where it meets the cab. If they'd just left it flat like the rest of the rail it would be easy to rig up something.

Anybody have any ideas? I don't want a hood rack.

Thanks, VTbarn.

lawoftangent

lawoftangent

Sep 15, 2020
Maine
Ownership

1. 700-2
Would gun racks mounted against the rear of the roll-cage work? That way the auger would be up and out of the way of the bed. You may have to use a strap or something a little more rugged than the rubber straps that most of the options come with. I am not sure how well the auger shaft with the flights would fit in the rack either..

XL Gun Rack

Thinking of something like this bolted to driver side and pass. side roll cages in the rear. Or even along the rail that the headrest connects to. I'm interested in what might be working for others as well, as I intend to use mine for ice fishing this winter.

VTbarn1

VTbarn1

Nov 9, 2020
Vermont
Ownership

1. 700-2
Would gun racks mounted against the rear of the roll-cage work? That way the auger would be up and out of the way of the bed. You may have to use a strap or something a little more rugged than the rubber straps that most of the options come with. I am not sure how well the auger shaft with the flights would fit in the rack either..

View attachment 240703

Thinking of something like this bolted to driver side and pass. side roll cages in the rear. Or even along the rail that the headrest connects to. I'm interested in what might be working for others as well, as I intend to use mine for ice fishing this winter.
I don't think that there's enough clearance away from the roll bars without some kind of extension, and I will have a soft enclosure to work around as well. Thanks for the reply. Need to keep thinking.

VTbarn1

VTbarn1

Nov 9, 2020
Vermont
Ownership

1. 700-2
Here is one that one guy (down in reviews) mounted to front bumper:
That is the exact holder that I want to use, I just need a good way to mount it to the front portion of the bed.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!