BOX1

Ice Fishing Mods

Thorney

Thorney

Mar 21, 2021
Minnesota / Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hi all. I know it's the heat of summertime, but I am starting to think about ice fishing. I have a new 700-4D and am going to put some mods on it for ice fishing. I have set up several ATVs in the past with auger mounts, custom rod holders, storage, etc. but never a UTV. I would like to see some of your mods to get some ideas before starting in on mine. Pics would be great and part numbers or links to things you have purchased would be helpful.
Please keep in mind I'm looking for UTV mods, not pics of your fish or stories about the big one (although I like those too, in a different thread).
Thank you!!

IMG 20210724 0856299072

R

rickoshea

other than tracks,not much is done to my 1000-5.this winter i'm going to experiment with tire studs on my shot bighorns before i retire them next spring.if they work ok on the lake and plowing the driveway they may just stay on for the winter.all my icefishing gear just gets thrown in the bed.i have a very short drive to get out on the lake.like 200 meters short.;)

Thorney

Thorney

Mar 21, 2021
Minnesota / Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 700-4
other than tracks,not much is done to my 1000-5.this winter i'm going to experiment with tire studs on my shot bighorns before i retire them next spring.if they work ok on the lake and plowing the driveway they may just stay on for the winter.all my icefishing gear just gets thrown in the bed.i have a very short drive to get out on the lake.like 200 meters short.;)
Yep, I have studs on my Foreman tires and they do make a difference. However, the studs really scratch the concrete floor in the garage. I also ride right from my cabin onto the lake for ice fishing so my mods, and most of my ice fishing gear just stay on the machine all winter. If the snow is too deep, I just plow a road out far enough (I have a 30hp Kubota tractor with a loader and blade). Tracks aren't really necessary for me.

R

rickoshea

Yep, I have studs on my Foreman tires and they do make a difference. However, the studs really scratch the concrete floor in the garage. I also ride right from my cabin onto the lake for ice fishing so my mods, and most of my ice fishing gear just stay on the machine all winter. If the snow is too deep, I just plow a road out far enough (I have a 30hp Kubota tractor with a loader and blade). Tracks aren't really necessary for me.
i did that last winter.went out on the lake and plowed a half dozen spots for my shelter.the neighbours helped themselves to the spots instantly 🤣 ,i had to get my shelter out really early in the morning.
20210307 095338

Reactions: rustyneversleeps
rustyneversleeps

rustyneversleeps

Supporting Member
Mar 29, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 520
I've got 2 sets of these clam rod holders im planning on putting on the inside of the dump bed for quick rod storage. Ive used cases for traveling in the past, but trying to get back to doing more running and gunning and hole hopping.

Images

Digger auger mount would be something to look into if you haven't heard of them, but I'm still undecided on how the augers going to be riding in the 520

Thorney

Thorney

Mar 21, 2021
Minnesota / Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 700-4
Here's my current rig. The auger is on a Kolpin ATV rack mount. I might try to mod it to fit the P700-4. I might also make another custom rod holder to fit the pioneer...

IMG 20191208 103819713 HDR

Reactions: Mudwing
rustyneversleeps

rustyneversleeps

Supporting Member
Mar 29, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 520
Does anyone have any ideas on a front auger rack for the 500/520? I've been wanting to mount a digger carrier to the front of the machine, but not quite sure on how to go about doing it. Wondering if anyone has any ideas?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Does anyone have any ideas on a front auger rack for the 500/520? I've been wanting to mount a digger carrier to the front of the machine, but not quite sure on how to go about doing it. Wondering if anyone has any ideas?

Never been ice fishing or drilled a hole in the ice, but it seems it would be pretty cool to make a bracket for your snow plow and just drive around and drill holes without unloading your auger? Probably need a long throttle cable?

Reactions: rustyneversleeps
rustyneversleeps

rustyneversleeps

Supporting Member
Mar 29, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 520
Never been ice fishing or drilled a hole in the ice, but it seems it would be pretty cool to make a bracket for your snow plow and just drive around and drill holes without unloading your auger? Probably need a long throttle cable?
Like this?

Haha - it does seem like a good idea, but when you're trying to find perch and drilling 50-100 holes...lots of times only feet apart, it would get pretty tiresome doing the stop and go with the machine.

Reactions: JenElio
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Like this?

Haha - it does seem like a good idea, but when you're trying to find perch and drilling 50-100 holes...lots of times only feet apart, it would get pretty tiresome doing the stop and go with the machine.
YEP!

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!