P500 If you had a choice...

L

LarryAmboy

May 14, 2017
Castalian Springs, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It is possible to put a 2 seater roof on the 4 and leave the rear section open. Maybe get the rear fabric roof panel for when you need it.

Or, for that matter, the entire rear ROPS comes off with a few bolts if you get plenty of advanced notice when having passengers.

But as @Backwoods said, the full roof can be pretty handy.

That’s what we did on our 1000. We had a custom cover made for the back that snaps on and off. Check out the boat cover/canopy makers near you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: rtn001
Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
The P5 is for pimps. Ladies will flock to you and throw soaking wet panties at you with their phone numbers wrote on them in sharpie marker. Not good if you're married. Go with the P7-4. More power, more comfortable ride, more aftermarket support, etc..

C

cras108er

Apr 19, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. 500
The P5 is for pimps. Ladies will flock to you and throw soaking wet panties at you with their phone numbers wrote on them in sharpie marker. Not good if you're married. Go with the P7-4. More power, more comfortable ride, more aftermarket support, etc..

Ha ha ha. That’s a good one. If there is no video, it didn’t happen.

Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI

X2 (not a Wolvy reference)

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Every now and then wifey will surprise you! We passed Honda dealer today, so decided to drop in. Showed her a P5. I though she’d not get past the price tag, but she actually was more concerned about the lack of a bed on the back.

Showed her the 700 as well, and she kind of likes the 700-4. Likes the idea of having additional seating, just in case. Most of the time, it’d be just us, but could be opportunities where extra seating would come in handy. In my mind, it’d be infrequent. She “left it up to me.”

I had been leaning heavily toward the P5, but given her response, I’m having second thoughts If you had the choice between the 700-4 or the 500, which would you choose? What is really the difference between them? I ran across a used P700-4 that I posted about in the other forum. As always, thanks for everyone's Insights.
IMO, the choice is between a Pioneer 500 or a Pioneer 1000. And for different reasons, I like them both very much...:cool:

Reactions: rtn001 and Eltobgi
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I say...
18E50B33 CDF7 4D55 96EC EE4FED5652EA
You will not be sorry!

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
have to say the 500 is for ripping around like a quad, if that is important to you that's your machine, if you aren't going to, I never do most times I got my daughter with me and she wouldn't like that, 700 is good at getting tight spots, for a utv with a big bed. got to say though there is a guy in the club now 1000-3 and he goes 90 percent of the places I go as fast. 10 percent though got to take a big arc and that slows him up. hes got offset wheels too so its like 3 inches wider. but the biggest thing people don't think of is the length and height slows you down when you have to poke around trees. like they said all good choices, depends on you and your terrain. the wolverine 2 is a good one too they do ten years on the belt and ride nice like a caddy. they are just as reliable and the 850 has the same power as the 1000

rtn001

rtn001

May 23, 2018
Central Florida
Ownership

1. 500
To me this is a no brainer. Unless width is a problem as in trail restrictions go with the 700 4. The wife has given approval, the boss has spoken, go for it. I would go to the dealer and compare the stock items and any mods found on the P700 not found on the P500 at the price listed. Use the salesperson and tell Him/her you are leaning toward the P700 over the P500 but can't quite make up your mind. If he is any good he will attempt to move you up to more money by telling you how good the P500 is but look at all you get on the P700 for a few dollars more. Then after you make up your mind, enjoy your P700 4. Lol. I would be, if it was me.

B

Bandman45

Aug 5, 2018
Iowa
Ownership

1. 700-2
Every now and then wifey will surprise you! We passed Honda dealer today, so decided to drop in. Showed her a P5. I though she’d not get past the price tag, but she actually was more concerned about the lack of a bed on the back.

Showed her the 700 as well, and she kind of likes the 700-4. Likes the idea of having additional seating, just in case. Most of the time, it’d be just us, but could be opportunities where extra seating would come in handy. In my mind, it’d be infrequent. She “left it up to me.”

I had been leaning heavily toward the P5, but given her response, I’m having second thoughts If you had the choice between the 700-4 or the 500, which would you choose? What is really the difference between them? I ran across a used P700-4 that I posted about in the other forum. As always, thanks for everyone's Insights.
We bought the 700-2 last August and we just love it, especially when pushing snow. We have 5 acres of heavily timbered property, I doubt that we will ever trailer it to off road park (we have several all within a few hours) but we might. I love having the rear bed area, easily holds two chain saws, oil and gas, tow traps and tools and water cooler. Motor is plenty strong, love the power steering. also has a blade and winch. What has truly surprised me is now much my wife likes this machine :)

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
We bought the 700-2 last August and we just love it, especially when pushing snow. We have 5 acres of heavily timbered property, I doubt that we will ever trailer it to off road park (we have several all within a few hours) but we might. I love having the rear bed area, easily holds two chain saws, oil and gas, tow traps and tools and water cooler. Motor is plenty strong, love the power steering. also has a blade and winch. What has truly surprised me is now much my wife likes this machine :)
The 700 is great for what you’re doing...:cool:

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I thought I saw some videos about how a lack of power at low end on the 700 is an issue, especially at higher altitudes.
It absolutely is a huge problem and the reason I traded mine off. Why the hell honda doesn’t put a low range in the 700 is a big aggravation to me....:rolleyes:

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I thought I saw some videos about how a lack of power at low end on the 700 is an issue, especially at higher altitudes.
Mine was kinda lackluster for the first 350 miles, now it seems to be a different machine. That’s all I can say about that. When mine turned on it took away my want for a 1000.

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
700 should work good for you I just hope I don't drown in mine at Takeover this weekend with the forecast.

Reactions: Eltobgi and Mudwing

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!