Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I got one a long time ago. I don't remember what I put on it. It seemed mostly a survey about the dealer.
My dollar was accompanied with a note that requested that I remove the roll over compliant sticker from my P5. I didn't do that. I bought a compliant machine, but after nearly three years of ownership, I understand why Honda reversed on that.

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Now that this thread has turned into heating solutions, has anyone wrapped their exhaust? I'm thinking about doing it. I just don't know if it's going to help with steam. I'm assuming it would but idk..

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Wrapped header and header painted everything including the heat shields. Did not seem to help. Might have been worse. Going to pull the wrap off.

B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Wrapped header and header painted everything including the heat shields. Did not seem to help. Might have been worse. Going to pull the wrap off.
Thanks then. I'll bail on the heat wrap

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: AZhunter
AZhunter

AZhunter

Jan 26, 2017
Peoria, Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I wrapped mine as well. I couldn't say that it helped. Had the heat shield under seat too. The single best thing I did was the bilge fan. I installed one 4" fan aimed slightly down to blow across the headers. I've been talking with American Honda about the heat issue and they said they should have a fix before summer, possibly sooner. I hope they got it right. It is hot enough here in the desert. Gonna pull off glass windshield if ambient temps get too high before Honda has their fix available.

Last edited:
AZhunter

AZhunter

Jan 26, 2017
Peoria, Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a new pk1 with alittle over 21 hr on the clock.For some reason it came with 12hr on it said that it was normal so i have riden the buggy a total of 3 times its a 2016 but im a truck driver so i dont get to injoy it much any way i just payed for my first service with was expensive load all my camping gear up get out to the trail get out in the woods next thing I know the coolant line that goes into the head of the motor comes off the CERT that the hose attaches to actually came out of the motor so there was no fixing this it drained all the coolant out miles in the forest with a buggy loaded full of kids needless to say it took hours into the night turning it on and off to let it cool to get out now Honda has had my buggy for over two weeks they are ordering cases from Japan to rebuild the motor that runs fine but the coolant nipple or CERT is a part of the cases on the head all one piece so now I'm stuck with a bran new buggy that has a rebuilt motor and have to do the break in again plus the first service that I have to pay for again and my motor is not built in Japan it's built by a local dealership honda says there is no such thing as a crate motor anymore. The heat is also a major issue we went through a puddle one time and the steam off the motor came up through the seats and burnt my daughters back I wish now that I would have taken pictures she was buckled in and couldn't get away from it was screaming the entire time completely ridiculous she get so scared now when she sees any water ive been buying hondas my hole life and never had 1 complaint but this will be the last one!!!
I even told the dealer that I just wanted to trade it in and they offered me 10 K less then I have in it. Buyers beware!!!!

View attachment 34120
Hey Pioneer 1000, how bout an update on your buggy?

Reactions: JTW
truc577

truc577

Lifetime Member
May 17, 2017
NEMO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
WOW!!! Steam burns!! Sounds like a definite safety recall issue. I would think Honda would recall all the units to avoid a class action. Or maybe they are putting it off until the issue is forced.

J

Jimmy-AZ

Lifetime Member
May 9, 2017
Gold Canyon, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I wrapped mine as well. I couldn't say that it helped. Had the heat shield under seat too. The single best thing I did was the bilge fan. I installed one 4" fan aimed slightly down to blow across the headers. I've been talking with American Honda about the heat issue and they said they should have a fix before summer, possibly sooner. I hope they got it right. It is hot enough here in the desert. Gonna pull off glass windshield if ambient temps get too high before Honda has their fix available.

AZ Hunter, please keep us informed if you have a contact with Honda. We would all like to be kept up to date with this heat issue. With out new 1000-5 LE they said they said they fixed it with the thicker seat... Not. Just takes a couple of minutes more for the heat to transfer through.

If they do come up with the "fix" I think we can all agree it will be some forms of fan setup or maybe dual fans. For an introductory price of $$$$$.

I feel for your daughter pineer 1000 and not to take away from a horrible experience but it will take many burns or a fire or two for the DOT or one of the Federal organizations to force it.

For now let's wait and see. The wife and I won't be back to AZ until September or October so if they have a fix by then and some of you installed it on your rig then we will go from there. We did do the DEI heat shield that did help but it does need a fan or two which we will do Hondas or the bilge fans.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!