BOX1

P1000 If you haven't bought look here first!! Pk1=POS

Pioneer1000

Pioneer1000

Apr 6, 2016
Bunnell
I have a new pk1 with alittle over 21 hr on the clock.For some reason it came with 12hr on it said that it was normal so i have riden the buggy a total of 3 times its a 2016 but im a truck driver so i dont get to injoy it much any way i just payed for my first service with was expensive load all my camping gear up get out to the trail get out in the woods next thing I know the coolant line that goes into the head of the motor comes off the CERT that the hose attaches to actually came out of the motor so there was no fixing this it drained all the coolant out miles in the forest with a buggy loaded full of kids needless to say it took hours into the night turning it on and off to let it cool to get out now Honda has had my buggy for over two weeks they are ordering cases from Japan to rebuild the motor that runs fine but the coolant nipple or CERT is a part of the cases on the head all one piece so now I'm stuck with a bran new buggy that has a rebuilt motor and have to do the break in again plus the first service that I have to pay for again and my motor is not built in Japan it's built by a local dealership honda says there is no such thing as a crate motor anymore. The heat is also a major issue we went through a puddle one time and the steam off the motor came up through the seats and burnt my daughters back I wish now that I would have taken pictures she was buckled in and couldn't get away from it was screaming the entire time completely ridiculous she get so scared now when she sees any water ive been buying hondas my hole life and never had 1 complaint but this will be the last one!!!
I even told the dealer that I just wanted to trade it in and they offered me 10 K less then I have in it. Buyers beware!!!!

IMG 1534

Reactions: AZhunter
sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I have a new pk1 with alittle over 21 hr on the clock.For some reason it came with 12hr on it said that it was normal so i have riden the buggy a total of 3 times its a 2016 but im a truck driver so i dont get to injoy it much any way i just payed for my first service with was expensive load all my camping gear up get out to the trail get out in the woods next thing I know the coolant line that goes into the head of the motor comes off the CERT that the hose attaches to actually came out of the motor so there was no fixing this it drained all the coolant out miles in the forest with a buggy loaded full of kids needless to say it took hours into the night turning it on and off to let it cool to get out now Honda has had my buggy for over two weeks they are ordering cases from Japan to rebuild the motor that runs fine but the coolant nipple or CERT is a part of the cases on the head all one piece so now I'm stuck with a bran new buggy that has a rebuilt motor and have to do the break in again plus the first service that I have to pay for again and my motor is not built in Japan it's built by a local dealership honda says there is no such thing as a crate motor anymore. The heat is also a major issue we went through a puddle one time and the steam off the motor came up through the seats and burnt my daughters back I wish now that I would have taken pictures she was buckled in and couldn't get away from it was screaming the entire time completely ridiculous she get so scared now when she sees any water ive been buying hondas my hole life and never had 1 complaint but this will be the last one!!!
I even told the dealer that I just wanted to trade it in and they offered me 10 K less then I have in it. Buyers beware!!!!

View attachment 34120
If it had 12 hr on it. They should of took 4000 off I hope you did not pay full price for it. I put heat tape around the seat belts and added plastic over the out side holes by the seat. Good luck with the shop repairing it.

Reactions: Jediwrathchild
Jediwrathchild

Jediwrathchild

Apr 24, 2016
Kodiak, AK
Supposedly Honda is working on the seat heat fix. But you'll find on here that many have addressed it through heat shields and bilge blowers underneath the seat. 12 hrs is quite a bit for them to say it's normal for a new machine. Did you purchase it with the lift and tires? Did they advertise it as brand new? Sorry about the bad luck, hopefully Honda will take care if you. They typically have fantastic customer support.

Reactions: JTW
AZhunter

AZhunter

Jan 26, 2017
Peoria, Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 34120
That sucks, I don't blame you for not wanting a rebuilt/reassembled engine.
I am having the heat issue a lot of guys have posted on here. Talked with Honda several times, they just keep saying that they are working on it. They have known about this for along time, maybe a year, but I was sold mine in November 2016 (had to order it, not in stock) even though they knew about the heat issue. I have put header pipe wrap on, insulation everywhere, removed the rubber seals that are above and below the Honda factory windshield for more air flow. All to no avail. I feel ripped off. My neighbors keep telling me "all you do is work on that thing". I bought the 1000-5 deluxe camo for hunting. I live in Arizona and will drive mostly in the desert. It was 70 degrees F yesterday and I roasted (climbing in some mountain areas, so it was slow going with high RPMs some of the way, but even going back down at speed, it was HOT!!! I wanted to get out to cool down but there were other in our group that had to get back. It will be unbearable when it is 85-95F (it is this temp a lot here). I am VERY surprised Honda sold these 1000's like this. I don't know what to do at this point. I hope Honda with do something VERY SOON as it is starting to warm up here. I do feel taken, they should have warned people in hot climates about this issue BEFORE we spent $18,000. Come on Honda, step and take care of your customers! Please!!!

J

JTW

That sucks, I don't blame you for not wanting a rebuilt/reassembled engine.
I am having the heat issue a lot of guys have posted on here. Talked with Honda several times, they just keep saying that they are working on it. They have known about this for along time, maybe a year, but I was sold mine in November 2016 (had to order it, not in stock) even though they knew about the heat issue. I have put header pipe wrap on, insulation everywhere, removed the rubber seals that are above and below the Honda factory windshield for more air flow. All to no avail. I feel ripped off. My neighbors keep telling me "all you do is work on that thing". I bought the 1000-5 deluxe camo for hunting. I live in Arizona and will drive mostly in the desert. It was 70 degrees F yesterday and I roasted (climbing in some mountain areas, so it was slow going with high RPMs some of the way, but even going back down at speed, it was HOT!!! I wanted to get out to cool down but there were other in our group that had to get back. It will be unbearable when it is 85-95F (it is this temp a lot here). I am VERY surprised Honda sold these 1000's like this. I don't know what to do at this point. I hope Honda with do something VERY SOON as it is starting to warm up here. I do feel taken, they should have warned people in hot climates about this issue BEFORE we spent $18,000. Come on Honda, step and take care of your customers! Please!!!
You put a blower fan on it yet?

txsurfer

txsurfer

Sep 2, 2016
Santa Fe , TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
IMO any mid engine machine is going to get hot. I rented a Teryx in Colorado and it was hot in 60 degree temps. I would imagine that taking the doors off the pioneer might help to. Doesn't get much hotter than Texas and the 4 inch bilge fan helps immensely as does running without a windshield even the half screen. Sucks I know but every brand has its issues.

Pioneer1000

Pioneer1000

Apr 6, 2016
Bunnell
Imo i shouldnt have to put all this crap on my machine to make it ridable but i will probably have to. Im so limited on time i had the dealer do the lift and everything sucks when u have to be gone 1-2 months of working my ass off get 4 days off for a good event take it out and have it break or overheat if these things get into any water with any sand mix they over heat very fast, ive had sxs since rhino and never had these problems im about to break out my old honda odyssey and weld some seats to it lol
Ive got over 20k in this thing and i have called honda , thats a big mistake it was like a straight interrogation, the hole time do you have bigger tires do you have a snorkel do you have any lift do you have any accessories , interrupting me as I'm trying to tell them their issues felt like I was on trial ,was like wow i will never call here again

txsurfer

txsurfer

Sep 2, 2016
Santa Fe , TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
On the bright side the heat doesn't suck in the winter..hope they fix u up

Reactions: sharp
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Imo i shouldnt have to put all this crap on my machine to make it ridable but i will probably have to. Im so limited on time i had the dealer do the lift and everything sucks when u have to be gone 1-2 months of working my ass off get 4 days off for a good event take it out and have it break or overheat if these things get into any water with any sand mix they over heat very fast, ive had sxs since rhino and never had these problems im about to break out my old honda odyssey and weld some seats to it lol
Ive got over 20k in this thing and i have called honda , thats a big mistake it was like a straight interrogation, the hole time do you have bigger tires do you have a snorkel do you have any lift do you have any accessories , interrupting me as I'm trying to tell them their issues felt like I was on trial ,was like wow i will never call here again
That's exactly why I haven't done any wild mods, almost all of my accessories are Honda, I'm sure if if I put a rear view mirror on that wasn't Honda, they would say, it's causing the over heating in the cab. TOOOOOOOO many Lawyers around these days, look at our government

B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I agree. It's not your place to make mods to fix a s***ty design. Same thing happened to me with the steam. I bought a heat wrap for it. I'm pretty disappointed with the machine as well.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sorry you're having problems. I had some initial issues with cable adjustments that the dealer should have performed, etc. I've also had the steam issue, which I fixed with $20 and 30 minutes of my time. The heat isn't as big of a problem here, though. Besides those simple things, I love this machine. It does everything I've asked it to do. I've pulled meat trailers full of gear and firewood up and over passes. I've had it on caribou hunts off the Denali Hwy when the temps were well below zero. It's been rock solid. I hope Honda does right by you.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4

View attachment 34120
Tired of hearing about this. Hope you get some help.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
Supposedly Honda is working on the seat heat fix. But you'll find on here that many have addressed it through heat shields and bilge blowers underneath the seat. 12 hrs is quite a bit for them to say it's normal for a new machine. Did you purchase it with the lift and tires? Did they advertise it as brand new? Sorry about the bad luck, hopefully Honda will take care if you. They typically have fantastic customer support.
Supposedly, lol.

Buford

Buford

May 9, 2016
U.S.A.

View attachment 34120

I think the word about issues with the P1K has spread around already to the point it's hurting their sales. Even though they haven't produced any in several months, dealers are still loaded up with them.

Reactions: Montecresto
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!