P1000 If you haven't bought look here first!! Pk1=POS

Kilo427

Kilo427

Not about the destination Its about the journey
Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
Yeah mine had a 950 miles on it when I got it, I drove a fairly long distance to buy it and work monday - saturday so I didn't address it. Honestly didn't bother me much other than I had to immediately change the oil and filters. Not really complaining mind you, just a warning to check the hour and miles, i was to excited to even look when i got mine. I haven't had any problems with it but I tinker around improving issues that have been brought up on the forum just for fun. I work on it far more than I get to drive it unfortunately.(Just because I have no where to ride, not anything wrong with the ride) But on the upside in theory the head problem, some of the noise problem and the gearing would be lowered if i drove it dammit.

K

kdgtrapper

Jan 9, 2017
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
They always say never buy the first year of any new model - guess none us took that advice lol.. I guess I don't see these simple fixes as bad as they are made out to be. Hell ordered the fan and switch before I took delivery of the machine because of what I read on here. My 4x4 dodge came with crappy street tires - guess what I imediately went and dropped $1200 on AT's to make it offroad worthy..

Do you mind me asking where and what kind of fan/switch you ordered? Maybe where/how you installed? Don't know if there are any videos or links for this? Haven't seen any yet. I just bought p1000-5 and live in Southern Utah/Northern Arizona area where weather is quite dry and hot most of the year. I have only had the machine for a month now but have put around 700 miles on already. Luckily I have no complaints other than the seat heat that has only been noticeable the past week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: dotman1 and Ridem32
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Do you mind me asking where and what kind of fan/switch you ordered? Maybe where/how you installed? Don't know if there are any videos or links for this? Haven't seen any yet. I just bought p1000-5 and live in Southern Utah/Northern Arizona area where weather is quite dry and hot most of the year. I have only had the machine for a month now but have put around 700 miles on already. Luckily I have no complaints other than the seat heat that has only been noticeable the past week.

Here is the write up and pics of my solution, worked very well.

Bilge fan setup.
P1000 - Jackal's P1000-5

Seat heat shield

P1000 - Jackal's P1000-5

Reactions: kdgtrapper
popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5

There has been a few good write ups on this forum on how to install the fans under the seat. Just have to dig into the forum a bit. Check on peoples build threads or the 1000 accessories/modifications page

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

K

kdgtrapper

Jan 9, 2017
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There has been a few good write ups on this forum on how to install the fans under the seat. Just have to dig into the forum a bit. Check on peoples build threads or the 1000 accessories/modifications page

Thanks for the help! Thanks to JACKAL also for the links. I'll get the navigation of this forum site figured out before too long. I hope. Lol.

Reactions: chadbo and sharp
J

JTW

Amazon is your friend

IMG 2529

advertisement
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did you get the 4 inch or the 3 inch

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
I got two 3" blowers. For the record Joey's had one 4" and had slightly lower seat temps than my twin setup.

Reactions: sharp
Pioneer1000

Pioneer1000

Apr 6, 2016
Bunnell
honestly I can care less right now about the heat you didn't see me on here complaining about it before the CERT came out of the motor spraying hot coolent all over the place ,that in itself was like a steam coolent bath kids coughing everywhere . I just want my buggy back that im paying for this happend dec 31 and still nothing, haveing a rebuilt motor in my new machine is what im MAD about it would be different if i had 200-300 hours got a rebuild but not now!! Mechanics always forget stuff THEIR HUMAN the whole buggy is in pieces maybe just forgotten bolt tightening who knows just feels like damaged goods now NOT NEW !! Assembled under a controld environment idk maybe im crazy

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
honestly I can care less right now about the heat you didn't see me on here complaining about it before the CERT came out of the motor spraying hot coolent all over the place ,that in itself was like a steam coolent bath kids coughing everywhere . I just want my buggy back that im paying for this happend dec 31 and still nothing, haveing a rebuilt motor in my new machine is what im MAD about it would be different if i had 200-300 hours got a rebuild but not now!! Mechanics always forget stuff THEIR HUMAN the whole buggy is in pieces maybe just forgotten bolt tightening who knows just feels like damaged goods now NOT NEW !! Assembled under a controld environment idk maybe im crazy

Understand and would feel same way, not a fan of dealerships their QC and process is not on par with a manufacturer. "We've done it this way for 30years!" and " That's the same drum of oil we use in all machines we service here!" Is a piss poor way of providing service.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
O

oilslick

May 4, 2016
central illinois
Sad but true about mechanics forgetting stuff, I have done it. Nobody is perfect and I hope you get good service eventually!

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well now might be the time to do your homework and familiarize your self with the rules and working of the lemon laws. It sucks to say but i would feel the same way if it was my rig.

Pioneer1000

Pioneer1000

Apr 6, 2016
Bunnell
Base model jeeps start at 21 could have been riding threw the woods in the ac lol wouldn't have lost 10 grand already either on trade in

Reactions: BULLDOG6 and JTW
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Base model jeeps start at 21 could have been riding threw the woods in the ac lol wouldn't have lost 10 grand already either on trade in
Truly sorry that you've had such trouble. I hope that you find a satisfactory remedy as well. And I certainly hope that you don't think that the Pioneer 1000 is a POS despite the fact that your particular unit may be.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Exactly, but it doesn't seem that Honda's looking at the various Honda forums out there.
They are I promise! Everything that gets posted especially negative is noticed

Reactions: popeye and sharp
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
They are I promise! Everything that gets posted especially negative is noticed
Well then it would be within expectation that Honda would address the issues. As just one example, I would expect to see sound deadening devices on the dump bed of the next years model so that future customers aren't left with having to cut up an old inner tube and wrap the catches with it.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!