Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Well then it would be within expectation that Honda would address the issues. As just one example, I would expect to see sound deadening devices on the dump bed of the next years model so that future customers aren't left with having to cut up an old inner tube and wrap the catches with it.

I'm sure they are attacking big complaint items within reason first. As I've been told it takes awhile for something to go back through and be reworked.
We all know most of the issues with the pioneer by now and even though it has less issues than many other machines thing still need to be addressed.
In my opinion the first ones to be looked at is occupant safety. OK first off check quality control at least at the manufacture level because the dealer can't be as easily regulated and make sure the brake lines and bolts are tight and anything that could possibly cause an accident or a safety issue in an accident. Then the heat issue even though it doesn't bother me and we found ways around that still needs to be looked into and fixed in my opinion even though many rigs out there do the same thing there's no reason the Honda shouldn't fix it so people don't get burned.
Second look into anything that is an issue for the machine going down prematurely so people can protect their investment. Biggest easiest one is a relocation of the air intake fix that. Next in line is premature wear on the clutches what exactly is causing this how can it be fixed how can they build it so the average person can get in without any instruction and be able to drive it without failure like so many other Honda's. Fix it. Fix the things with the machine that could possibly hurt the occupants or the machine itself.
It's hard to complain about the rattles and squeaks in my eyes, they can be fixed really easy and don't affect anything other than being a pure annoyance and I've had enough other rigs to realize other than the doors and the box this is pretty tight so fix the things that matter.
I'm impatient myself but I do believe Honda is looking into several things. If you want to be number one and I believe Honda does there's a lot of evidence pointing that way and they have to get everything as right as they can for the dollar spent on the vehicle and I am sure that's a difficult task and I believe Honda buyers expect more so we'll just all see how this all shakes down in the next few years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
advertisement
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I'm sure they are attacking big complaint items within reason first. As I've been told it takes awhile for something to go back through and be reworked.
We all know most of the issues with the pioneer by now and even though it has less issues than many other machines thing still need to be addressed.
In my opinion the first ones to be looked at is occupant safety. OK first off check quality control at least at the manufacture level because the dealer can't be as easily regulated and make sure the brake lines and bolts are tight and anything that could possibly cause an accident or a safety issue in an accident. Then the heat issue even though it doesn't bother me and we found ways around that still needs to be looked into and fixed in my opinion even though many rigs out there do the same thing there's no reason the Honda should fix it so people don't get burned.
Second look into anything that is an issue for the machine going down prematurely so people can protect their investment. Biggest easiest one is a relocation of the air intake fix that. Next in line is premature wear on the clutches what exactly is causing this how can it be fixed how can they build it so the average person can get in without any instruction NBA able to drive it without failure like so many other Honda's. Fix it. Fix the things with the machine that could possibly hurt the occupants for the machine itself.
It's hard to complain about the rattles and squeaks in my eyes, they can be fixed really easy and don't affect anything other than being a pure annoyance and I've had enough other rigs to realize other than the doors in the box this since it's pretty tight so fix the things that matter.
I'm impatient myself but I do believe Honda is looking into several things. If you want to be number one and I believe Honda does there's a lot of evidence pointing that way and they have to get everything as right as they can for the dollar spent on the vehicle and I am sure that's a difficult task and I believe Honda buyers expect more so we'll just all see how this all shakes down in the next few years

Well then, you might make a better spokesperson for Honda than you do a user. Are we sure that you don't have Honda stock. :D

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Well then, you might make a better spokesperson for Honda than you do a user. Are we sure that you don't have Honda stock. :D

Just being honest, sometimes overly. I do see both sides of the coin but understand that's coming from someone that's had problems and not just b****ing. If a problem exists we will find it unfortunately. When something does happen I work my ass off to get to the bottom of it and I'm very vocal about problems with the machine and even though Honda is my company through and through I don't sugarcoat anything good or bad I'm honest about it. So honest sometimes I'm not taken care of by the company I exclusively use for my families activities. All I can hope is that things I've learned and mistakes made don't have to be followed by others. We're all waiting on the company to fix a couple things and I assure you my friend I am one of those and I will still bring up problems in the hopes of a fix. But Honda is listening to the group overall they aren't going to fix something that one person has an issue with

Last edited:
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Just being honest, sometimes overly. I do see both sides of the coin but understand that's coming from someone that's had problems and not just b****ing. If a problem exists we will find it unfortunately. When something does happen I work my ass off to get to the bottom of it and I'm very vocal about problems with the machine and even though Honda is my company through and through I don't sugarcoat anything good or bad I'm honest about it. So honest sometimes I'm not taken care of by the company I exclusively use for my families activities. All I can hope is that things I've learned and mistakes made don't have to be followed by others. We're all waiting on the company to fix a couple things and I assure you my friend I am one of those and I will still bring up problems in the hopes of a fix. But Honda is listening to the group overall they aren't going to fix something that one person has an issue with

Haha, absolutely no worries. My comment in post 62 was just a lark buddy. :)

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Yeah no kidding - CP's been dipping into that red cool-aid alot. :D

I know you cover both side of the story CP but your patience sometimes astounds me.

What do you do I guess? It's still a Honda right? I f***ing love my machine and know a couple things are being looked at so you b**** some and wait the rest.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
What do you do I guess? It's still a Honda right? I f***ing love my machine and know a couple things are being looked at so you b**** some and wait the rest.

Easy fellar, you're very loved at Hondasxs, your mates are just pulling your chain. :D

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Easy fellar, you're very loved at Hondasxs, your mates are just pulling your chain. :D

Didn't mean for that to come out like I was pissed hard to say something sometimes without being face to face lol. Happens a lot. Just meant what can you do? Certain things we need to express concerns in the hopes it gets fixed. All problems can't be caught in testing so a new model sometimes we're stuck doing that. The difference between a s***ty company and a good one is what happens next. From all I can tell things are being looked at...now we wait unfortunately

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
Yeah man - mine is still a Honda. Still the best choice out there ino. But I haven't had some of the bad luck that you ran into.
Patience is a virtue - so that was a compliment. (also yanking your chain a bit :D)

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
Damn right it's still a Honda! As piss poor as I've been at times I remind myself of some problems I've had with others. My Polaris Sportsman just came out of the shop Monday on its 2nd major motor issue ...its got under 3k. They wouldn't allow me to speak my mind over on that site.

I was reading a polaris forum the other day. A guy was talking about 2 Polarii he had with over 3000 miles each without a major breakdown - just replacing belts. Like it was some kinda badge of honor. "Your not gonna believe this but all I had to do is replace belts."

So thats the anomaly - it actually made it to 3k. LOL

It just sounded wrong...

advertisement
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I was reading a polaris forum the other day. A guy was talking about 2 Polarii he had with over 3000 miles each without a major breakdown - just replacing belts. Like it was some kinda badge of honor. "Your not gonna believe this but all I had to do is replace belts."

It just sounded wrong...
I guess you've heard of my infamous Polaris??

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

It just sounded wrong...

I deleted that because I'm trying not to rag on the brand so much. I know Monte has had success. When you read some own some and talk to repair facilities it's just not the norm! My buddy owns a Yamaha repair shop and he flat out told me he go out of business without Polaris. When I picked up my quad from there they had three Ranger six by sixes in the shop none of which had over 1000 miles and getting complete front ends put in them. The kicker is their owned by the sheriffs department and get all the maintenance and parts they should. A piece of s*** Honda is as rare as a good "other brand" flat out.

Reactions: sharp
B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I deleted that because I'm trying not to rag on the brand so much. I know Monte has had success. When you read some own some and talk to repair facilities it's just not the norm! My buddy owns a Yamaha repair shop and he flat out told me he go out of business without Polaris. When I picked up my quad from there they had three Ranger six by sixes in the shop none of which had over 1000 miles and getting complete front ends put in them. The kicker is their owned by the sheriffs department and get all the maintenance and parts they should. A piece of s*** Honda is as rare as a good "other brand" flat out.

Our 6x6 haven't had any problems. The Viking engine blew up after 1200 miles though. 3k

I had 800 miles on my polaris crew and that had an axle pull out. I pushed it back in.

I have 300 miles on my Honda and my clutches have gone bad, and it's sat in the shop for around 5 months since I've owned it.

So. Problems or no, people can like whatever they like and other people can take a chill pill if it happens to be something they don't.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Our 6x6 haven't had any problems. The Viking engine blew up after 1200 miles though. 3k

I had 800 miles on my polaris crew and that had an axle pull out. I pushed it back in.

I have 300 miles on my Honda and my clutches have gone bad, and it's sat in the shop for around 5 months since I've owned it.

So. Problems or no, people can like whatever they like and other people can take a chill pill if it happens to be something they don't.

Don't see how anyone could blame you for being pissed about this.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

I do feel your pain the only reason my rig hasn't sat in the shop that long is because they denied me a warranty and I was forced to fix it myself several times not including the Insurance company having to take care of one. I understand my friend. This is the first time I've seen a Honda with issues

Last edited:
Ridem32

Ridem32

Apr 28, 2016
Terry
Anyone got a link to the blower on DEI?

AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Holy crap! That's expensive!

Reactions: Ridem32
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!