P1000 If you haven't bought look here first!! Pk1=POS

B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Now that this thread has turned into heating solutions, has anyone wrapped their exhaust? I'm thinking about doing it. I just don't know if it's going to help with steam. I'm assuming it would but idk..

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Now that this thread has turned into heating solutions, has anyone wrapped their exhaust? I'm thinking about doing it. I just don't know if it's going to help with steam. I'm assuming it would but idk..

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Might not be the best idea especially for you getting into muskeg. I had wrapped my exhaust on a rock crawler I used to have. And when it would get muddy it would stink so bad for half an hour and would do it over and over every time you would shut the rig off and it would could down. Plus it will sweat and promote rust. Just my opinion

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Reactions: JTW
ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
While I agree the price is stupid - this is exactly what the needs to be on the market to help prod the Honda R&D teams
Yah - it's good the aftermarket is responding. Bad that they would need to on a problem like this.
But we told honda (and these guys) about these solutions over a year ago. Sigh...

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
This actually is a pretty good setup for someone trying to make a buck. Lot of money though! It would sound like a boat in the water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Michigander

Michigander

Nov 13, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just got mine in December and I have not noticed anything other than it makes my extra cans of beer go warm that sit in the middle. Of course I'm in MI and it's not exactly a warm climate.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Pioneer1000

Pioneer1000

Apr 6, 2016
Bunnell
Just a update on my buggy
Their is no update! Nothing but excuses from honda. O well they want the hoses , then they didnt send all the parts, the crank barings are on back order, one after another, honda should be making this payment, been their a month!!!
If honda reads these i want a new buggy!!!
The buggy is completely in a million pieces and it was like new still
im going to trade it as soon as i get it back and lose a bunch of money on it and thats not right!!! Its junk molested goods in myeyes.
Been buying honda my entire life if u want to keep a customer then make this right!!
This will be the last honda i will ever buy and i will be as loud as i can on the internet and on the trail about this experience!
Honda customer service is gone apparently its not even just about the buggy anymore its like a family member letting u down after 30 years of working together idk if that makes sense to anyone else?
Honda is a way of life around here!! Down to the generator lol i
Loosing my sh!t lol sorry guys

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Their is no update! Nothing but excuses from honda. O well they want the hoses , then they didnt send all the parts, the crank barings are on back order, one after another, honda should be making this payment, been their a month!!!
im going to trade it as soon as i get it back and lose a bunch of money on it and thats not right!!! Its junk molested goods in myeyes.
Been buying honda my entire life if u want to keep a customer then make this right!!
This will be the last honda i will ever buy and i will be as load as i can on the internet and on the trail about this experience!
Honda customer service is gone apparently its not even just about the buggy anymore its like a family member letting u down after 30 years of working together idk if that makes sense to anyone else?

Sorry it's taking so long I get it. You have a Honda in the shop and that's frustrating you do have a right to complain some. One thing I know is if it were some other brands they would have a stock pile of parts at various dealers which is a mixed blessing if you think about it. Wish they did crate motors that would make it better for all of us. Hopefully soon!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
This will be the last honda i will ever buy and i will be as loud as i can on the internet and on the trail about this experience!
Honda isn't the disciple of god.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Wtf? Not the point, 20k is the point and no customer service, maybe u will have a lemon one day and be making payments on something siting in the shop, hopefully not but ill stop posting now, I thought this was a group of honda guys my bad!!

No need to stop posting you're handling it fairly well imo and I'd like to see this come back together and see your thoughts at that point. I'm hoping you'll get the machine back without any more problems and enjoy it

skidooby

skidooby

Lifetime Member
Feb 20, 2017
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wtf? Not the point, 20k is the point and no customer service, maybe u will have a lemon one day and be making payments on something siting in the shop, hopefully not but ill stop posting now, I thought this was a group of honda guys my bad!!

I have a buddy that spent $17.5k on a snowmobile. Took at out for its first rip and blew it up.....less than 1 mile on it. Sucks, but sometimes that crap happens. They rebuilt it and he's been riding it for the past 4 years no more issues.

My point is, rebuilt is still new, doesn't make it any less of a machine. In fact, I think I would prefer it.....assembled by 1 or 2 guys, by hand, from the bottom up making sure everything is right. Not rolling down an assembly line at "hyper efficient Japanese speed" where stuff can easily be overlooked or mis-torqued....just sayin.

Good luck though, hope it all comes out for the best for you and your fam!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Dude, my comment was meant to be supportive! Honda is a business like any other, they make mistakes, they have designing blunders, half of their dealerships service sucks, they don't stand 100% behind their product. And if men were angels, we wouldn't need a constitution either. As I've stated to you earlier in this thread, I feel for you and wish you luck.

AZhunter

AZhunter

Jan 26, 2017
Peoria, Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
On a first year model, bugs are gonna surface. However, we all took a leap of faith and trusted Honda and its undisputed engineering. If Honda had a "crate" engine that they could send out and have the dealer install in a couple weeks, then I think that most people would be very happy with the fix. Since this is not the case, I believe the right thing for Honda to do is give this poor man a new fricken buggy! That way, they keep a loyal customer and he's enjoying the buggy he is making payments on. Honda should be the one in a pickle, not their customer waiting for the dealer to fix it. Then have the dealer sell it as a used buggy and recoup as much money as possible. That's the right thing to do Honda. Good luck to you Sir.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
On a first year model, bugs are gonna surface. However, we all took a leap of faith and trusted Honda and its undisputed engineering. If Honda had a "crate" engine that they could send out and have the dealer install in a couple weeks, then I think that most people would be very happy with the fix. Since this is not the case, I believe the right thing for Honda to do is give this poor man a new fricken buggy! That way, they keep a loyal customer and he's enjoying the buggy he is making payments on. Honda should be the one in a pickle, not their customer waiting for the dealer to fix it. Then have the dealer sell it as a used buggy and recoup as much money as possible. That's the right thing to do Honda. Good luck to you Sir.
Great, let's see if Honda does the right thing because we're all watching!!!

Buford

Buford

May 9, 2016
U.S.A.
I have a buddy that spent $17.5k on a snowmobile. Took at out for its first rip and blew it up.....less than 1 mile on it. Sucks, but sometimes that crap happens. They rebuilt it and he's been riding it for the past 4 years no more issues.

My point is, rebuilt is still new, doesn't make it any less of a machine. In fact, I think I would prefer it.....assembled by 1 or 2 guys, by hand, from the bottom up making sure everything is right. Not rolling down an assembly line at "hyper efficient Japanese speed" where stuff can easily be overlooked or mis-torqued....just sayin.

Good luck though, hope it all comes out for the best for you and your fam!

Many mechanics are far from expert engine builders. Many are not extremely fussy about things being absolutely clean, or don't have a completely clean environment to build an engine.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
They are just like all the other typical big corporations, profit is their number one concern.
Right, I'm aware of this.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!