AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I could see sales being slower there. Most people there take care of their equipment and only buy new when it's absolutely necessary.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
They sure don't here. Some dealers still have the first one(s) that came in (red deluxe 5p).

We have a local multi brand dealer that complains about Honda sales but they wear Polaris polos and spew "Polaris" anytime their mouth is open.

So then don't complain you aren't selling more Hondas.

Oh and they claim to be a level 5 powerhouse because it's a franchise off of a level 5 on the coast, not sure how that works but I called them on their bs and walked out.

txsurfer

txsurfer

Sep 2, 2016
Santa Fe , TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
OK regarding the heat issue would ya?... Buy a Polaris or Kawi instead of installing a $30 fan? I mean really its an easy fricken fix regardless of who should do it.. look at your options and tell me what is better in long run? Repeat after me - THERE IS NO PERFECT UTV.. I think the main issue is that all these damn toys cost so much that you/I as a consumer feel it should be perfect and I don't blame you but it's not going to happen. I've been riding MX most of my life - forever the bikes came with crappy steel bars - the first thing 99% of all owners do is switch to Alumn bars at $100+.. point being despite consumer demand all manufactures still do some dumb things.. take a deep breath and move on..

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
OK regarding the heat issue would ya?... Buy a Polaris or Kawi instead of installing a $30 fan? I mean really its an easy fricken fix regardless of who should do it.. look at your options and tell me what is better in long run? Repeat after me - THERE IS NO PERFECT UTV.. I think the main issue is that all these damn toys cost so much that you/I as a consumer feel it should be perfect and I don't blame you but it's not going to happen. I've been riding MX most of my life - forever the bikes came with crappy steel bars - the first thing 99% of all owners do is switch to Alumn bars at $100+.. point being despite consumer demand all manufactures still do some dumb things.. take a deep breath and move on..
I'm pretty sure that people are members of this forum because they own and like Honda, but pointing out the weaknesses in the Honda brand, and they do exist, should be acceptable.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm pretty sure that people are members of this forum because they own and like Honda, but pointing out the weaknesses in the Honda brand, and they do exist, should be acceptable.

It is acceptable, how else is Honda going to realize how big of an issue it is to people?

Edit: The issue is HOW it has been done on occasion, by a small number of members.
Being upset with an issue, ACCEPTABLE.
Berating members, name calling, generally acting like a toddler, is UNACCEPTABLE!
We are all adults, some slightly more adult than others, but we should all know how to behave with respect to others.

Last edited:
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Honda engineers probably wanted to put a tiny warp drive in these things but the higher ups said they had to meet a budget and even meeting that budget it's priced above some small cars.

Thing is if the market wasn't spending what the market is spending there would not be an LE or any other special editions from manufacturers.

Buyers are buying it and then spending $6k on adds maybe more if you're adding portals, tracks, or a full cab.

txsurfer

txsurfer

Sep 2, 2016
Santa Fe , TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
They always say never buy the first year of any new model - guess none us took that advice lol.. I guess I don't see these simple fixes as bad as they are made out to be. Hell ordered the fan and switch before I took delivery of the machine because of what I read on here. My 4x4 dodge came with crappy street tires - guess what I imediately went and dropped $1200 on AT's to make it offroad worthy..

advertisement
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
It is acceptable, how else is Honda going to realize how big of an issue it is to people?
Exactly, but it doesn't seem that Honda's looking at the various Honda forums out there.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
W

Westtnpioneer

Edjumacated
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2013
West Tennessee
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I am personally tired of all of the bickering about the heat. Almost all of them will bake you. Any high CC'ed four wheeler will bake you. Sitting at a red light on a Harley will bake you. Heck my old car with no AC will bake you. Everyone complaining needs to grow up and get out of the AC....end rant.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
....Sitting at a red light on a Harley will bake you. .....

My Valkyrie would roast you if you weren't moving. Controlled explosions generate significant heat. The 1000 is worse than the 700. Twice the power and that heat has to dissipate somewhere. I got a switch and bilge blowers on the way.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
My Valkyrie would roast you if you weren't moving. Controlled explosions generate significant heat. The 1000 is worse than the 700. Twice the power and that heat has to dissipate somewhere. I got a switch and bilge blowers on the way.
Yep, maybe Honda will be installing them themselves soon.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I will be putting something to keep steam off kiddo.

Reactions: lee
txsurfer

txsurfer

Sep 2, 2016
Santa Fe , TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am personally tired of all of the bickering about the heat. Almost all of them will bake you. Any high CC'ed four wheeler will bake you. Sitting at a red light on a Harley will bake you. Heck my old car with no AC will bake you. Everyone complaining needs to grow up and get out of the AC....end rant.

guess you could always do a window unit with the enclosed cab and a genny in the bed..

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
IMG 2909
IMG 2911
guess you could always do a window unit with the enclosed cab and a genny in the bed..
Or you could do this!

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!