P1000 FYI, Honda responce to heat problem

txsurfer

txsurfer

Sep 2, 2016
Santa Fe , TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
a single 4" blower solved my problem and I live in the south. Yeah the machine isn't perfect but it's an easy mod - plus the heat is pretty nice on those cold days ( mine is on a switch) .. Also - I rented TEREX in Colorado and it seemed to make about the same heat in the cab so it's not just Honda's.

Ridem32

Ridem32

Apr 28, 2016
Terry
Was the call from your Honda dealer or from factory Honda?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kenjones21

Kenjones21

Jun 23, 2015
Central Louisiana
The call was from the factory , an engineer named Matt. The number came up unknown but he called back to back so luckily I answered second time ... so if you have called the 1800 number and made a complaint answer your phone when it shows up unknown

B

boatman22

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2016
Woodlands TX
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

3. Other Brand
What is the # to file a complant? 75 degrees yesterday and the back of the seats was almost too hot to drive.

Reactions: SIHunter
B

boatman22

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2016
Woodlands TX
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

3. Other Brand
Thanks for the #. I called and the person I talked with said that Honda is aware of the heat problem and are working on a solution. She said thay will let me know when they have a solution.

Dan1960

Dan1960

Jul 10, 2016
White Pine, MI Upper Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Your comment about the "back yard" mechanics is upsetting if true. This is a real problem as verified with temperature readings. If we are keeping score on who's fixed the issue, "back yard" mechanics 1, Honda 0. I still have some faith that they will have a better fix soon but until then, my isolated and fused blower works great!

I talked to Honda rep yesterday (2 /1/17) and he told me they are definitely going to fix heat problem and will contact me. I also read that the 2017 1000-5 fixed the heat problem with a thicker seat. I don't know if that will fix it completely, heat may still come from the back of seat where it fits against plastic.

Last edited:
ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I talked to Honda rep yesterday (2 /1/17) and he told me they are definitely going to fix heat problem and will contact me. I also read that the 2017 1000-5 fixed the heat problem with a thicker seat. I don't know if that will fix it completely, heat may still come from the back of seat where it fits against plastic.

That is good news. I so hope Honda has a fix soon with Summer coming. My 1000-5 is very hot in the rear seats too, so I hope there repair includes the rear seats also.

advertisement
txsurfer

txsurfer

Sep 2, 2016
Santa Fe , TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I called the same number and talked with a pleasant young lady - she stated the same - aware of the issue and looking for a solution. Will contact if a fix happens. Anyway I'm documented in the system if and when they figure it out.

Reactions: Shifty
B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
That is good news. I so hope Honda has a fix soon with Summer coming. My 1000-5 is very hot in the rear seats too, so I hope there repair includes the rear seats also.
For me it's when I cross rivers and such. My exhaust hits the water and steam rolls into the cab. I bought an exhaust wrap and I'm gonna throw it on one of these days.....

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: Elkhunter
lrandy129

lrandy129

Curmudgeon
Lifetime Member
Nov 4, 2016
NELA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I called today (1-866-784-1870, option #7, then #3 I think) and spoke to someone named Felix. He said they're collecting information and presenting it to management for them to address the issue. He asked a series of questions around temperature, how long before it was uncomfortable, how many miles on the SxS, typical dress when I ride, had I called my local dealer, etc.

If you have interest in a fix, you really need to call in and add voices to the choir.

Last edited:
Reactions: joeymt33
ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I called today (1-866-784-1870, option #7, then #3 I think) and spoke to someone named Felix. He said they're collecting information and presenting it to management for them to address the issue. He asked a series of questions around temperature, how long before it was uncomfortable, how many miles on the SxS, typical dress when I ride, had I called my local dealer, etc.

If you have interest in a fix, you really need to call in and add voices to the choir.

AGREE 100% make the call if you have not done it yet.

lrandy129

lrandy129

Curmudgeon
Lifetime Member
Nov 4, 2016
NELA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not sure if anyone else has received one, but Honda sent me a postcard request to complete an online survey. There was a case number and ID number associated with my call that I had to enter.

You'll need to have your case and ID handy, but the link is mccs.survey.honda.com. you might be able to complete the survey without it.

Reactions: Ridem32
lrandy129

lrandy129

Curmudgeon
Lifetime Member
Nov 4, 2016
NELA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That DEI Motorsports kit that popped up in the other thread looks like it's nicely put together, but $300 is a bit rich. :eek: Wouldn't it be nice if Honda would reimburse us for the fan and underseat shield kits. :D

902484 Honda Pioneer Fan kit Installed

Last edited:
K

KRihel

Sep 13, 2016
Henderson Nevada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have writen a letter to Honda about the heat issues. Today I recieved a phone call from Pam @ American Honda and they are aware of the extreme heat issues. I answered a few questions and told them what I have done to help with the problem and were very interested in my thoughts and are working on a solution to the problem. They have had many complaints from owners and are working with ideas to correct the problem. I am very happy they called and are interested in our problems, our voices have been heard. Thank you American Honda for listening to our concerns.

advertisement